• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Best Program for Simple Animations

Explorer ,
Jun 24, 2019 Jun 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe has so many great options for animation, I thought I'd ask the community their experience. I've been asked to create an ongoing series of animations (punchy callouts etc.) for instagram/facebook etc that are photo images with text and various graphics that I will probably create the base art in Photoshop and illustrator.

I may or may not add music ands video to these, but am trying to get my head around what each program is best to adopt/learn. I've seen great things created in Animate, After Effects and even Premier, but I wonder if anyone can recommend the best program for 1: A relative beginner to animation, and 2: that won't be too limited in scope as I evolve. (I do have years of experience using Photoshop and Illustrator).

I would appreciate any advice, even if its your general preference/experience and have been able to create similar materials.

Many thanks,

Paulos

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 25, 2019 Jun 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if the animation is not interactive, premiere is probably what you want.  if it's interactive, animate is probably what you want.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply, I hadn't even thought about interactivity! Food for thought.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 26, 2019 Jun 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

you're welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use different tools for different tasks. 

Animated GIF can work well on social media sites but it does not support sound.   Start here.

Create animated GIFs in Photoshop |

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Nancy, I've been making gifs in Photoshop for years, but I only ever used it frame by frame as a hack. I could certainly dig deeper and use it to its fuller potential.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines