• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can I still Purchase Photoshop CS6?

New Here ,
Oct 16, 2015 Oct 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been having some fun with Adobe trying to purchase a couple of copies of Photoshop CS6.

I bought a couple of copies direct from the adobe website back in June and we wanted two more but this option has been removed from their website and replaced with this helpful message.

http://www.adobe.com/uk/products/cs6.html

Which tells you can still buy it but you have to phone them up. So I rang them up on the number quoted and spoke to their sales dept who told me that they don’t sell it and I need to speak to customer services. Customer services then tell me that it has been removed from their website and I need to buy it from a reseller and directed me to their partner finder on their website.

I have contacted a couple of my suppliers (Platinum & Gold Partners) and neither of them can sell it to me.

CC really isn't an option for me as we already have multiple copies of CS6 within the organisation.

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi stevenw97928478,

Greetings.

Regards

Rohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately that link like all the others I have followed just takes me straight to this page again;

http://www.adobe.com/uk/products/cs6.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rohit

That looks very promising but it takes it me to the India store and wont let me change it.

I'm guessing I'd need to change the en_IN bit in the URL but after trying the obvious I can't get to the UK store.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rohit

For some strange reason that link takes me to the South East Asia store!

I've tried a few other options and managed to get to the Hong Kong store as well!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again,

I then believe you will have to call Adobe sales.

Adobe sales PS CS 6.PNG

~Rohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have the same problem! i call the number but they told me i can't purchase master collection cs6 esd!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks anyway Rohit

But that is where I started...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again,

Please provide me some time , let me get it confirmed from Adobe sales team and get back to you.

~Rohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again,

I have sent both of you a private message please check it.

~Rohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would be useful for other people to know the status of CS6 as an Adobe product Rohit. Can I suggest that you post an answer here so that anyone searching doesn't have to spend hours trying to find an answer as Steven and Eliar have. That is after all the whole point of these forums.

Terri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Terri,

Sure.

As the snapshot says and as i have confirmed PS CS 6 can no longer be purchased online from Adobe, one needs to call adobe to purchase CS 6

~Rohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Steven,

That must be a very new development. It was still on sale a week ago. I just looked on Amazon.co.uk and there is a copy for sale there , claimed to be New for a cool thirteen hundred pounds and they say its the standard version not extended. Its generally a bad idea to buy outside of Adobe because of all the pirated copies in circulation and if someone on Amazon or eBay has registered it, it will take a month of form filling to transfer ownership. I don't however follow why CC is a problem just because you have CS6 in house as CC will open CS6 files and CS6 will open CC files when saved in compatibility mode. Clearly if you use unique CC2015 features CS6 will not handle them , but otherwise everything Cs6 can do CC can also do so there shouldn't be a problem.

Terri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Terri

As you say there are plenty of copies out there but finding a legitimate one is the problem.

Using CC is not a compatibility issue but a financial one. If we were to convert all our copies of CS6 to CC my budget for this would run out in a year!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines