• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't change Install Location of Adobe Apps

New Here ,
Jun 08, 2019 Jun 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi i just installed Creative Cloud and Photoshop. I went to change the install location in Preferences because the SSD in my Mac is just 128gb, I have another drive plugged in via Thunderbolt 3 and when I clicked on it to change I got an error message saying, "Unable to install at this location." Does anyone know what to do?

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 08, 2019 Jun 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As far as I know, you are not allowed to install programs to a removable drive

Move data files to your external

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 07, 2022 Aug 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a horrible decision and so is Apple's decision to put such tiny drives inside their machines without an upgrade path. One of these companies needs to give in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is too small a drive.

Even if you manage to move some items to an external drive, you will soon experience performance issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can't even install anything on the external from the Adobe products. It has to go on the internal or the cloud. The drives being sold with the apple products as well as the RAM is not enough.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines