• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't downgrade Premiere to previous updated versions.

New Here ,
Oct 19, 2017 Oct 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Accidentally upgraded to the newest version of Premiere.

I need to be on 11.1.2 specifically.

When I try to download a previous version the only options are CC 7.0 and CS 6.0.

Anyone have a workaround or an updated way of downgrading back to 11.1.2, thanks!

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Oct 27, 2017 Oct 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh wow--this is rich:

AME.png

Is Adobe Media Encoder going the way of Encore?  Should we get ahead of this and move our workflow over to Telestream's offerings?

What is going on over there?  Take a few of the engineers you've tasked with making phone apps and throw them back on distribution, would you?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't wait for the day when I never give Adobe another penny. It's now been one week since I begged for help. Not once has anyone called or emailed to check in after my initial plea. I have been a subscriber since 2011. It's just pathetic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jay, is this thread/plea you're referring to?

Can't download premiere cc 2015

If so, then it looks like Jeff forwarded you here... Please see reply #31 above for how you can re-download almost any version of Premiere Pro CC 2015.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I appreciate you chiming in, and the detailed help PDT provides on their site, but that "almost" you're referring to is right where my problems lie.

All I've needed is the damn 10.3 update for Premiere/Media Encoder and the only answer anyone has given me is, "sorry."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

jayt25644312​, check your PMs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 30, 2017 Oct 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU SO MUCH!

I can now continue working on my video and I don't have to start over

Not sure if that will fix everyone's problem but thank you for fixing mine!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

jayt25644312  wrote

I can't wait for the day when I never give Adobe another penny. It's now been one week since I begged for help. Not once has anyone called or emailed to check in after my initial plea. I have been a subscriber since 2011. It's just pathetic.

I'm sure this will go to moderator jail, but last year's NAB had a really interesting talk that covered something similar.  O2 Media moved their entire post facility off all subscription based offerings (including their OS).  Might be worth a look if you're interested in a similar route.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 16, 2017 Nov 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, were there any updates regarding downgrading Premiere versions? I need MAC version 11.0.0. I still see nothing on the Download Creative Cloud apps page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I doubt you'll see any of the more recent releases reappear.  They seem to have an "evolving" relationship with Dolby that precludes their return...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

...and if you need solutions surrounding the loss of Dolby functionality, then try these suggestions:

1. Your simplest and best bet is to recover your CC 2017 apps as they were before you installed CC 2018. See if you can use Windows Restore to roll back the state of applications on your computer to before that time. On a Mac, you'd use Apple's Time Machine.

2. If you can't do that, then do you have a system backup or image from when you had CC 2017 installed, or perhaps it's installed on another machine? You could possibly use that backup together with the CC 2017 direct download links to get back to where you were before. At  a minimum, you'll need both the Premiere Pro and Adobe Media Encoder apps.

3. If neither of those strategies recover a working CC 2017 for you, then you could try moving forward with CC 2018. You could use a third-party utility like Handbrake (a free open-source video transcoder) to convert your MTS/ACS files. Rename the files and reimport them into Premiere Pro. Then clear your media cache.

4. If none of the above work, then maybe consider upgrading to Windows 10 while it's still free, and press ahead with CC 2018 (if you're concerned about Windows telemetry, that's easily handled). Meanwhile, for Mac users, macOS upgrades are always free... Windows 8.1 or above and macOS 10.11 or above contain native support for Dolby decoding functions. Again, rename the applicable files and reimport them on your new setup. Then clear your media cache.

5. If you can't upgrade your operating system, can't move forward with CC 2018, can't go back to CC 2017, and are genuinely stuck with a project caught in the middle – and none of the above solutions work for you – then you could try contacting Adobe Customer Care to let them know and see if they can help.

6. Moving forward, when upgrading Creative Cloud apps, use 'Advanced Options' in the Desktop app to retain older CC versions rather than the default behavior, which is to remove them.

Hope that helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 24, 2017 Oct 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am at my wit's end trying to figure out a solution to this problem. I have tried about 7 different potential solutions, all of which do not work on my computer. Some other people in this thread MAY find one of my attempts to solve my problem the solution to yours, so I have linked my details account here for anyone who wants to try one of the steps I have tried over this past week. You can find my account here:  I NEED Premiere Pro version 10.4 and there seems to be no solution

I sure hope someone from Adobe can resolve this issue sooner rather than later.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not that it helps you at all now, but the lesson we've learned from all of this is to never place any trust in Adobe.

We went out and purchased dedicated backup software so that we can roll our machines back to any point in time.  Doesn't help us get back to where we were, but at least when they pull this stunt again (and they will), we'll be ready.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well this worked but it needs to be fixed in the Cloud.

Download Creative Cloud apps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Oct 25, 2017 Oct 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well this worked but it needs to be fixed in the Cloud.

That's been up for a while.  Currently only applicable if you're after Premiere 11.1.2.

@mckennac43855438 If you're interested in jumping through hoops, you might be able to snag 10.3 using the methods described here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 26, 2017 Oct 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, but I have already tried that route, unfortunately.

Following those hoops, it ultimately brings me/us here:

Which only gives the updates to Photoshop, Bridge, and Illustrator.

Fortunately I did make it to 9.2 build using that same site. Small victory but it's something.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fortunately I did make it to 9.2 build using that same site. Small victory but it's something.

What builds do you need?  I have the 10.3 installers archived somewhere...

edit: currently uploading .zip and .dmg to mega

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's the thing that's so ridiculous about all this. Adobe is essentially creating a black market for these updates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

jayt25644312  wrote

That's the thing that's so ridiculous about all this. Adobe is essentially creating a black market for these updates.

Indeed.  I only wish I could funnel my propensity of distrust* into a lucrative profit model.

*arguably just a good memory for getting burned

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll never forget when I lost ENCORE for a week. As small time videographer I made a significant portion of my income from burning my clients DVDs. Of course this was back before cloud storage was so ubiquitous. One of the most stressful weeks of my life. Yeah adobe, I have the time and resources to teach senior citizens how to get their grandkids wedding videos off your servers. Complete BS

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

jayt25644312  wrote

I'll never forget when I lost ENCORE for a week. As small time videographer I made a significant portion of my income from burning my clients DVDs. Of course this was back before cloud storage was so ubiquitous. One of the most stressful weeks of my life. Yeah adobe, I have the time and resources to teach senior citizens how to get their grandkids wedding videos off your servers. Complete BS

I suspect you're referencing the cluster-frack transition from CS6 to CC?  Where they just dropped Encore, but you could get it to install if you re-installed Premiere CS6 because they were tied together?  Good times, good times.

Upload at 62%.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

jayt25644312​, mckennac43855438​ check your PMs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines