• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't download the creative cloud app on desktop because of "an installer being open" when there is not installer open

New Here ,
Feb 15, 2017 Feb 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use a MacBook pro with the latest updates and i have recently tried to download the creative cloud onto my computer for a free trial and it downloaded but i couldn't use all of the apps so I deleted all of the software off my computer and then I tried to download it again. when i downloaded the creative cloud installer i opened it and it came up with that it couldn't open because there was an installer that had to be closed but i didn't have one open. what can i do to fix this because i can't get onto the creative cloud app.

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 01, 2017 Mar 01, 2017

Hi Nicholasg93760273,

As you have mentioned that you are unable to install Creative Cloud and encountered "Error 81" while installing it even after closing the processes related to Adobe and Creative Cloud as Himanshu suggested, please try the steps mentioned on this link: - "Failed to install" error received when installing Adobe Creative Cloud desktop app to remove Creative cloud and then reinstalling it fresh.

Please feel free to update this discussion in case you need further assistance with

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi nicholasg93760273,

I understand that you are not able to install your Creative Cloud app as it says that an installer is already running.

Please open your Activity monitor and Force quit all Creative Cloud, Adobe related process and then re-run the installer file and it should work then.

Please let us know if this helps or if any further assistance is required. Thanks!

Regards

Himanshu Gupta

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you for your response but i have already deleted all of the adobe apps off my computer which is where the trouble started as i try and re download the creative cloud installer i can open it to try and install it but then it just says that there is an error 81 and when i go to the cc website to get the free trial for any of the other apps, when it gets to the download installer page safari says that it can't find the page but it can open it for about 3 seconds.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 01, 2017 Mar 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Nicholasg93760273,

As you have mentioned that you are unable to install Creative Cloud and encountered "Error 81" while installing it even after closing the processes related to Adobe and Creative Cloud as Himanshu suggested, please try the steps mentioned on this link: - "Failed to install" error received when installing Adobe Creative Cloud desktop app to remove Creative cloud and then reinstalling it fresh.

Please feel free to update this discussion in case you need further assistance with this.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines