• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't install CC App after Changing Install Path

New Here ,
Aug 22, 2022 Aug 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently upgraded my Macbook Pro to a larger hard drive and migrated my installed apps there. Everything installs correctly except for Character Animator which keeps trying to install in the old installation path even though I have the installation path set to a folder on the hard drive.

How can I fix this?

Exit Code: 198
-------------------------------------- Summary --------------------------------------
 - 1 fatal error(s), 1 error(s), 2 warnings(s) 

FATAL: Error occurred in install product workflow with error code 198 error message Source: /Volumes/PENNY/Creative Cloud Penny/Adobe Character Animator 2022/Adobe Character Animator 2022.app; Destination: /System/Volumes/Data/.adobeTemp/EDFAE0AF-B658-4318-AD7C-BF4A77496EF5; ErrorDesc: Error Domain=NSCocoaErrorDomain Code=260 "The file “Adobe Character Animator 2022.app” couldn’t be opened because there is no such file." UserInfo={NSFilePath=/Volumes/PENNY/Creative Cloud Penny/Adobe Character Animator 2022/Adobe Character Animator 2022.app, NSUnderlyingError=0x60000153b960 {Error Domain=NSPOSIXErrorDomain Code=2 "No such file or directory"}}
ERROR: Failed to backup folder /Volumes/PENNY/Creative Cloud Penny/Adobe Character Animator 2022/Adobe Character Animator 2022.app with error Source: /Volumes/PENNY/Creative Cloud Penny/Adobe Character Animator 2022/Adobe Character Animator 2022.app; Destination: /System/Volumes/Data/.adobeTemp/EDFAE0AF-B658-4318-AD7C-BF4A77496EF5; ErrorDesc: Error Domain=NSCocoaErrorDomain Code=260 "The file “Adobe Character Animator 2022.app” couldn’t be opened because there is no such file." UserInfo={NSFilePath=/Volumes/PENNY/Creative Cloud Penny/Adobe Character Animator 2022/Adobe Character Animator 2022.app, NSUnderlyingError=0x60000153b960 {Error Domain=NSPOSIXErrorDomain Code=2 "No such file or directory"}}, aborting installation.
WARN: Error Failed to copy src file '/Volumes/PENNY/Creative Cloud Penny/Adobe Character Animator 2022/Adobe Character Animator 2022.app' to dst file '/System/Volumes/Data/.adobeTemp/EDFAE0AF-B658-4318-AD7C-BF4A77496EF5'.
WARN: CopyFile failed: Error Domain=NSCocoaErrorDomain Code=260 "The file “Adobe Character Animator 2022.app” couldn’t be opened because there is no such file." UserInfo={NSFilePath=/Volumes/PENNY/Creative Cloud Penny/Adobe Character Animator 2022/Adobe Character Animator 2022.app, NSUnderlyingError=0x60000153b960 {Error Domain=NSPOSIXErrorDomain Code=2 "No such file or directory"}} for Source: /Volumes/PENNY/Creative Cloud Penny/Adobe Character Animator 2022/Adobe Character Animator 2022.app, Destination: /System/Volumes/Data/.adobeTemp/EDFAE0AF-B658-4318-AD7C-BF4A77496EF5
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
TOPICS
Creative Cloud , Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 23, 2022 Aug 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if you really migrated your adobe apps instead of properly installing them, you should undo the problematic migration and properly install.

you might be able to cobble a fix by uninstalling character animator and then properly installing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 24, 2022 Aug 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure what you're saying here. "Properly?"

I purchased an Apple silicon (M1) macbook pro. I checked compatiblity prior to migrating. Everything migrated to the new macbook and opened as ususal. I had installed Adobe apps on an external drive just to save space on my previous machine, but changed the install path to the installed HD on the new machine. When I attempted to install Character Animator, the CC app stubbornly insists on attempting to the previous install path even though I have specified in Preferences to install on the macbook HD, as you can see from the error log.

If I were to guess, I think there is a corrupted file with CC that is doing this. Why it still tries to direct installaiton to an external drive that is not connected is beyond me. I successfully installed Animate, no issues. But, it installed onto that disconnected volume. I'm not sure how it did this. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 23, 2022 Aug 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

and migrated my installed apps there.

By @bobhog

Migrating usually results in issues.

It is recommended that you use the Cleaner Tool and then reinstall the CC app and install your other apps from it.

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 24, 2022 Aug 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. This helps. I will definitely clean and reinstall everything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 25, 2022 Aug 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

proper installation of cc programs requires installation of the cc desktop app (NOT migration) and then installation of the cc programs using that app.

cleaning and reinstalling may succeed, but often fails when trying to clean migrations.

if it fails for you, you should

1. restore your new hard drive to the state prior to migration

2. uninstall everything adobe from your old hard drive, https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-remove-app.html
3. uninstall the cc desktop app from the old hard drive, using the correct uninstaller, https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-creative-cloud-desktop-app.html#sa_src=web-mes...
4. clean your old hard drive of cc files per http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/cscleanertool.html

5. restart your old hard drive

6. migrate your adobe-cleaned old hard drive to your new hard drive

7. install the cc desktop app on your new hard drive,  https://creativecloud.adobe.com/apps/all/desktop?action=install&source=apps&productId=creative-cloud

8. install your adobe subscription and trial programs using the cc desktop app

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines