• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't log Into Creative Cloud Desktop app (Not accepting my correct password)

Community Beginner ,
Apr 10, 2014 Apr 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have logged into my Creative Cloud online in order to double check my credentials and I was able to do so (hence being able to write this in the Adobe Community). But just now my Desktop Creative Cloud App won't let me login and I can no longer use Adobe Products without being loged in.

It says the following; Creative Cloud wants to make changes. Type your password to allow this".

I type my password (I know is correct) and the box does not accept. This message continues to pop up on my desktop after pressing cancel.

Adobe Phone Support is horrible, I have been dealing with the problem before 7:00 pm PST and tried calling to speak with someone but had muisc playing for 30 min with no response. I then called the other technical support line to find out the support office closed at 7:00 pm PST (Well after I called) I then called Creative Cloud support line and to find out they close at 5:00!!!

I have a major InDesign issue as support problem as well, because that keep crashing before finding out I can't login to my creative cloud accound. Worst part is that I have to submit a 100 page book layout tonight to my printer to meet my deadline.

Can SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ASAP, I HAVE NO IDEA HOW TO FIX THIS PROBLEM, YES I HAVE ALSO RESTARTED MY COMPUTER.

Last, I cant even do an un-install and re-install without the desktop app accepting my password so i'm super out of luck at this point.

THANKS,

GARY

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 10, 2014 Apr 10, 2014

It says the following; Creative Cloud wants to make changes. Type your password to allow this".

That screen is your OS X operating system asking for your Computer Password to make the necessary changes.

It's the Mac mechanism to authenticate whether you are the Admin user or not.

Screen+Shot+2014-03-14+at+9.36.51+am.png

Are you entering your Mac password, not your Creative Cloud password?

http://forums.adobe.com/message/6276186

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That screen is your OS X operating system asking for your Computer Password to make the necessary changes.

It's the Mac mechanism to authenticate whether you are the Admin user or not.

Screen+Shot+2014-03-14+at+9.36.51+am.png

Are you entering your Mac password, not your Creative Cloud password?

http://forums.adobe.com/message/6276186

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WOW OMG, my brain is freid from all the InDesign crashes I've had on my book file. Damn i feel dumb, thanks for the simple solution John, I just wan't thinking correctly.

Well one problem solved.

John do you know anything about Adobe Muse or InDesign support issues as well?

Thanks again,

Gary

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

do you know anything about Adobe Muse or InDesign support issues as well?

Muse: Nothing. I use Dreamweaver. Indesign: A little.

Suggest you post questions specific to those products in the relevant forums.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines