Exit

Can't update Creative Cloud Desktop Error 507

Explorer ,
Jul 11, 2020 Jul 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Currently on Win10 Pro 64-bit Version 1909 OS Build 18363.900   

Currently on Creative Cloud 5.2.0.436

Anyway my new Camera Raw 12.3 is missing some critical functionality, like crop & rotate. I thought no problem, maybe i just need to update it via Creative Cloud. Creative Cloud does say its up to date, but creative cloud is having its own issues in that it won't update / install. It gets to about 30% then fails with an error of 507, which according to Adobe Support is 

Error code 507: Unable to install the product update as the volume is offline.   

I do not have my install on a disconnected drive. 

Everything is installed on my C: drive.   Everything on my PC is working perfectly well. 

To Troubleshoot, 

I have disabled all Anti Virus and Malware applications.

I have obviously restarted during all these processes

I have used the AdobeCreativeCloudCleanerTool.exe to remove the Creative Cloud and re-installed the Creative Cloud, which it does.. However then when it goes to update, it just fails over and over again around the same time. 

So i'm stuck. I really rely on Adobe Camera Raw, when working in Photoshop, as i visible stamp image then make slight adjustments such as my crops in Camera Raw.  

Hopefully someone at Adobe has answers, cos the error message itself is bogus. 

(Edited By Moderator to remove attached images. See images below in a reply by the OP)

TOPICS
Creative Cloud , Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Sep 16, 2020 Sep 16, 2020

After many, many hours on the phone with Adobe Support and finally getting engineering involved, I think I (with Adobe help) have finally solved this problem and in the end it was simple.

1. Close Creative Cloud desktop app by File > Exit Creative Cloud
  2. Search for powershell in Start Search
  3. Right click and Select Run as admin
  4. Paste this command in the powershell windows: 
    Get-AppxPackage -all AdobeNotificationClient | Remove-AppxPackage -AllUser
  5. After this is done. Try to launch Creative Cloud and updat

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Sep 22, 2020 Sep 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow!  It worked for me.  A few weeks ago I had a very nice Adobe tech spend like 2 hours with me on this issue.  He even did a remote access and finally  gave up.  Kudos to you and whomever at Adfobe helped youy figure this out.!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 21, 2022 Apr 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

testing page #3.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 05, 2020 Oct 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. This 507 error problem is just resolved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 06, 2020 Oct 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This solution might have been extremely easy to implement (it solved the problem for me!) but it clearly was a real headache to figure out. I thank all those who put in the time and effort to get this one resolved!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 04, 2020 Nov 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many thanks worked a treat. Peter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines