Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can you still buy CS6?

Community Beginner ,
Jan 19, 2017 Jan 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I want to purchase a new Adobe license but since our team is working with CS6, I want the new license to be also CS6. It seems that nowadays is difficult to find that. Does Adobe still sell the CS6 at all? How can I buy it?

Second, if this is not possible, when someone makes files on Adobe CC, can I still open, edit, etc those files with my CS6?

And last but not least, if the answer to the previous question is 'No', can I upgrade from CS6 to CC ?

I hope to receive a soon answer from someone. Thank you, all, in advance!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 19, 2017 Jan 19, 2017

That is no longer true.

Effective a week or two ago, you get this message when you go to that link:

"Looking for Creative Suite 6? The latest versions of all your favorite apps like Photoshop and Illustrator are only available with a Creative Cloud membership. You’ll also get hundreds of step-by-step tutorials, built-in design templates, your own portfolio website, and more."

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is no longer true.

Effective a week or two ago, you get this message when you go to that link:

"Looking for Creative Suite 6? The latest versions of all your favorite apps like Photoshop and Illustrator are only available with a Creative Cloud membership. You’ll also get hundreds of step-by-step tutorials, built-in design templates, your own portfolio website, and more."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you.

i now see:

Screenshot - 1_19_2017 , 10_52_53 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It has been about five years since InDesign CS6 arrived.

RIP.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 26, 2017 Jan 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the heads-up Steve... Just wrote a new article explaining this:

Adobe Just Stopped Selling Creative Suite 6 Entirely – Here’s Why

Lorazayn, as for the rest of your question:

Second, if this is not possible, when someone makes files on Adobe CC, can I still open, edit, etc those files with my CS6?

Check out this guide – it gives those answers in detail, for each Adobe application:

Can You Open/Edit/Export/Save Adobe CC Files on CS6 – and Vice Versa?

And last but not least, if the answer to the previous question is 'No', can I upgrade from CS6 to CC ?

Yes, you can definitely upgrade, but because there is no prior software ownership requirement to buy Creative Cloud, there is no discounted pricing when upgrading from any version of CS to CC. Here are the different plans available:

Creative Cloud pricing and membership plans | Adobe Creative Cloud

Hope that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 29, 2017 Nov 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can i buy older license for Adobe Master collection CS6 without cloud? For explenation: iwe been in the hospital after car accident for iike 2 years, than i was somelike "geting up". I lost a longterm memory and alot of knowlidges. That i was saved and i remember relatielly enought but not all is kinda mirracle (i can proof my accident with permanent consequences after) .... Technically, i cant be productiwe as i was before my accident but id liek to work with adobe again and learn as maximum as ill be able to back. I cant pay monthly or ewery year, if i wont hawe income from what will i do and if than relaiwe small aonly.

Is there a possibility to get legal master collection of older version (i mean license) without cloud needed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, not from Adobe... as it says above, Adobe stopped selling CS6 this past January

Adobe Resellers http://adobedealreg.force.com/PartnerSearch?lang=en

-Employee jwright said to use ONLY the above link as a possible source of old programs, which is not, of course, saying that any of Adobe's partners will still have an old CS6 on a shelf to sell

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry to hear of your accident and injuries. It sounds like a nightmare!

Keep in mind though that even if CS6 was still for sale, to buy the Master Collection would cost $2,599 USD (!). And, it's already over five years out of date and unsupported (!).

You mentioned that you could not pay monthly – but if not, then how could you possibly manage to pay $2,599?

By contrast, to get the complete Creative Cloud is $49/month, and is always up-to-date and supported with ongoing upgrades included.

Sometimes it seems people get nostalgic and forget how much CS6 used to cost upfront, just to get in the door.

Best of luck in your recovery!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You know, technically to pay once $2,599 wouldnt be such problem. Prolem is something else: what if i wont be able to make enought money for paing ewery month or year but ill wanna still drawning and not leting my experiences goin out?

Kinda funny is, i expected (as i remembered) such dewelopement in IT business about computers, websites, software ... but unfortunatelly ... i couldnt do nothing with car, which hited me, slowed me down and got back many years back :-)))))

Is there any alternative way, how to solve this (if i shouldnt using cracked version which will work still and wont stop working in moment, i wont make enought of money to pay month/year fee)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, are you a student or teacher?

If not, could you become one?

How to Save 60-70% with the New Adobe CC Student/Teacher Editions

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 06, 2018 Mar 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Prolem is something else: what if i wont be able to make enought money for paing ewery month or year but ill wanna still drawning and not leting my experiences goin out?

If you aren't making enough income in video production to afford $50 USD a month to maintain your services, you should probably pursue a different field of work...

Besides that there are also other great options out there for people on a budget, hobbyists, or who are just starting out. Davinci Resolve by Black Magic is FREE for the basic version, which includes more than enough features for anyone working or learning at that level. Learn the basics in one video editing program and you've pretty much learned the basics in all of them. And if you want even more power and features, it's only $300 for the studio version. A great alternative for people who think the yearly CC cost is too steep or who don't need the integration of AE, Audition, etc. (which for that matter, you can also just get a subscription for Premiere alone for $20).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 04, 2018 Dec 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

total arrogant response. if someone can't afford to guarantee a 50 monthly payment for a subscription to software use, they should still be able to possess the program, in this case, Illustrator. Is every single Illustrator subscriber a professional graphic designer? I doubt it. I am, but do not work full time. Besides, that's all any of us need, another monthly payment. Not interested.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 05, 2018 Dec 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is all a moot point.  Adobe stopped selling & supporting perpetual licensed Creative Suite  in early 2017 with no plans to bring it back.

Meanwhile,  Creative Cloud subscriptions have enjoyed a blazing success because they are available annually or on a month-to-month lease for as long as one needs the software. 

Most people I've talked with say they enjoy the subscription model because it's a very affordable way for them to stay on top of  Adobe's current software.

• No more burden of investing hundreds or thousands of dollars up front plus upgrade costs every 2-3 years. 
  • No more wondering how long the old software will remain compatible with the latest & greatest operating systems. 
  • No more scrambling to find compatible software for the files your client just sent over.  Under  the Creative Cloud model,  members have access to current + older versions.

For those who haven't noticed yet, Creative Cloud pricing has been re-structured.   See link below.

Creative Cloud pricing and membership plans | Adobe Creative Cloud

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jan 20, 2018 Jan 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So wrong, you are:

If I opted for discounted CS6 back than when they fed us with this CC crap, I would already save by now compared to CC. Than I do not need whole CS and I would save even more by buying separate few programs that I use. I felt on that "always updated" statement and I regret it. Badly.

This "updated" means features removed, workflow broken, additional costs, etc. And always tone of bugs and a lot of performance issues. So what is actually good in this 5 years of CC. Not much. A handfull not essential improvements and boat loads of problems on other hand. To have work done, one need 2-3 different versions of same app installed. And each new version is double the size of previous on disk. That suck!!

CS6 is unsupported for so many years? Thank god! Since it was very stable and fine version. I still use CS6 versions via CC... they just wanted more income, not us happy. They earn now 5, 10 times more than before. That is it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 06, 2018 Mar 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Comments like this make me laugh. The CC library is better than CS6 in every way. Maybe you're working on a potato so not getting the performance improvements that come with each new iteration. Our video formats have never been larger, video cards have never been more powerful, and the engine was completely rebuilt to take advantage of those changing technologies. My PC is four years old and the only time I hit real stability issues is when I'm working with tons of 4K footage in Premiere and AE at the same time. I'll gladly take some bugs and stability issues in exchange for some of the truly AMAZING additions like lumetri color, essential sound, essential graphics, better functionality with dynamic link between AE and Audition, vastly more GPU supported effects, etc. etc. etc.

And the idea that people would've saved so much more money if they never had to switch to CC is laughable. Nobody stuck with their existing versions of CS for more than two or three years, the only reason they stick with CS6 now is out of pure stubbornness. You would've upgraded two or three times by now and your savings over the last six years would be nothing noteworthy. You're living in the past.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 01, 2018 Jul 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It might be because people want to animate forever instead of paying monthly

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 28, 2018 Aug 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I still use CS5 after 8 years and I know other professional designers who do this as well. The fact is, you don't NEED to have a new version of this every 2-3 years, and you are dropping $1000s for something that MOST people do not NEED. It's like cars. Most people GET a new car every 3 years, but you will literally save $10,000s or more by keeping a vehicle for 10 years or more.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 05, 2018 Dec 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>I still use CS5 after 8 years

And you will be able to use CS5/6 just as long as you don't upgrade your operating system to an incompatible version

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 19, 2019 Apr 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Most people get a new car every 3 years"? You must have rich friends then cause I literally don't know a single person who does this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 19, 2019 Apr 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

jeremya36923522  wrote

"Most people get a new car every 3 years"? You must have rich friends then cause I literally don't know a single person who does this.

If you lease your vehicles, you're more likely to get a new car every 3 years.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines