• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CANCEL SUBSCRIPTION

Community Beginner ,
Dec 25, 2017 Dec 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know what kind of a sick joke this is, but I cannot cancel my subscription. I've been trying to cancel it for more than a month. I've tried every option listed in the Help section and I just simply cannot do it. There is no "cancel plan" button in the account managing section, chat is always offline, can't get through the phone assistance. I have a month to month plan and I cannot believe canceling would be so difficult. I'm getting tired of being laughed at my face by your shady practices.

Please, let me cancel my plan. Do not tell me to follow some useless link, because I've tried them all. I just want to cancel my subscription!

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 25, 2017 Dec 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is an open forum, not Adobe support... click below to contact Adobe staff to help

While the forums are open 24/7 you may not contact Adobe support at all times

Chat help: Mon - Fri  5am - 7pm  (US Pacific Time) <=== NOTE DAYS AND TIME

Be sure to remain signed in with your Adobe ID before accessing the link below

Creative Cloud support (all Creative Cloud customer service issues)

https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/support.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 27, 2017 Dec 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope - this does not work.

Impossible to get through to support and the "manage plan" tab is unresponsive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 28, 2017 Dec 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem a few days ago, but they seem to have fixed it. I just now canceled my subscription using the Web interface. My hunch is that enough people called their credit card issuers and informed them that Adobe was providing no way to cancel that Adobe figured it was less of a hassle to restore the links than to deal with the banks. That's the sort of thing that can result in a company's losing their ability to process card-not-present transactions, which would be catastrophic for a company that sells subscription plans.

Richard

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Please contact the support through call/chat for the cancellation requests and the billing queries:

Contact Customer Care

**Be sure to remain signed in with your Adobe ID before accessing the link above**

You can now self-cancel your subscription, see here:

https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/cancel-membership-subscription.html

Please go through the Adobe - Subscription Terms as well.

KS

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No one answered through the chat. Apparently, there were too many people in need of assistance, so my query was not answered.

I've followed every link, there's nothing I can do. I do not want to continue paying, especially is there are shady practices like these.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 06, 2018 Jan 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. There is no cancel subscription button. And when I try to get to support I get only to the forum. So this links are useless.

I needed premiere for one clip that I made, so I wanted to pay only for one month, but now I see that it's a trap, you must fix it asap, it is very very very very annoying!

Premiere is great, but this is so annoying so i will think twice next time that i will need a video editing software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, ... I also made the same mistake yesterday (Jan 6, 2018) and now want to cancel the purchase of Lightroom CC. Have been trying to contact via chat several times but not response at all. Also have been around the site to find a simple way to do it but no success too. My account does not have the cancel button, and definitely would like to have the cancellation within the 14 days period.

Please kindly assist me to cancel it. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all,

please check this Adobe Help web page regarding Cancellation:
» How to cancel your Adobe Creative Cloud plan or membership

I truly understand your frustration! However, because this is a user-to-user forum, there's not much we can do here
As some of you experienced issues contacting the Customer Care via Chat, I have escalated the thread to some
Adobe Staff members. Someone will follow-up and reply here shortly.

Until then, please do have patience everyone

Kind Regards,
Maurice

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

how can i get to chat with a human being? i get only to the forum

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been contacting the chat... and this is what I get...for already AN HOUR (!!!) :

"Thanks for your patience.  Representatives are currently helping other customers and we will be with you shortly."

..... and still going.

Please help me cancel my Lightroom CC please.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still no button for me on the web interface

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe you have to be within one month of the renewal? All I know for sure is that I was able to cancel this morning.

Richard

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried to cancel through all channels as well. I wound up going to PayPal and unauthorized Adobe from charging my card.

I never thought Adobe would be so shady.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 29, 2017 Dec 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I could finally chat with support and cancel my plan. Geez, had I known all of this would be so stressful, I never would have subscribed in the first place. I will definitely try a different software for my needs now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 29, 2017 Dec 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To be honest, I'd still buy DW and FW if I could buy them outright with reasonable platform compatibility guarantees. But their subscription model has to go.

For what it's worth, Affinity Design and Affinity Photo are pretty good. For the money, they're excellent. They're not FW, but nothing is nor ever again will be FW. Rest in peace, my old friend.

Richard

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the exact same issue and have been on hold indefinitely, both over the phone and online. Going to call my CC company if I can't cancel today, after spending ages trying to do so. Maybe you should too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

so sad.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Maurice,... have gone to the link several times before and I end up with the chat again and again, and continuously without any response.  Looking at the thread on this topic it really makes me worried that I would be stuck with this process for weeks and will not be able to take advantage of the 14 days period.

Anyhow, I appreciate you escalating my question.

Kind regards,

Erick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would like to update you that following Maurice's note above and assistance, a staff member, Gouri, assisted me via chat. I have received the cancellation and the refund process is being done. Thank you for the assistance.

As an input.... the cancel button should be available to all members/purchasers to avoid the unnecessary frustrations.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I made a twitter account just to complain about them and I got a message from their customer support team on Twitter the day after. Asked me to dm them the email i use with adobe and they canceled it immediately. Super thankful that the whole process is finally over but slightly worried that they only asked for an email and no other confirmation that I was the owner. What if I wasnt the actually owner of the account?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 11, 2018 Jan 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

Cancellation of subscription after 14 days of purchase has a cancellation fee, maybe some of you still have to cancel due to the following reasons:

1. Moving to another country

2. Moving to CCTeam from Individual CC or vice versa

3. Duplicate purchase by accident.

4. Been provided a complimentary subscription from office or institution.

In such cases, please tweet us at @AdobeCare or contact-bumper

We will assist you.

Regards

Rajashree

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 12, 2018 Jan 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In all honesty, I really can't imagine myself spending more than five minutes trying to cancel an account. I have better, more productive ways to spend my time than staring at a missing link or an empty chat box, or listening to hold music for hours on end.

If the link were missing when I went to cancel, and no one answered the phone / chat, I'd call American Express, explain the situation, send screenshots of the relevant pages on Adobe's site, and tell them Adobe was no longer authorized to bill me. That would end the problem. It's one of the reasons I use AmEx despite their fees. They listen to their customers and usually take their sides when there's a dispute.

The other option would be to use a reloadable prepaid debit card. When Adobe pulls stunts like removing cancellation links, withdraw any remaining money from the card and cancel it. Problem solved. If Adobe tries to take you to collections, have the screenshots ready. Not canceling within a certain time frame makes for a very poor argument when there exists no means to cancel. In the exceedingly unlikely case that they took you to court, they'd probably wind up owing you money in the end.

It's a shame that a once-great company like Adobe seems to be employing scam tactics to lock people into contracts that they don't want. But it's hard to come up with an alternative explanation for this missing cancellation link mess. The only alternative explanation I can think of is incompetence. Either way, it doesn't inspire my confidence in Adobe.

It's sad. I've been using their software since the Macromedia days. I once loved Adobe. I even stuck with them after they were hacked and my PII wound up out on the street. Now I have to wonder if Adobe has any better ethics than the criminals who hacked them.

My hope is that Adobe will finally realize that their subscription model sucks badly enough that customers are jumping ship in favor of other solutions that don't lock them into a rental agreement for the rest of their working lives. I'd gladly pay for outright versions of some Adobe software again if it came with reasonable guarantees of platform compatibility. But this rental model has to go.

Richard

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines