• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CC 2017 Instatllation Stuck

Community Beginner ,
Nov 02, 2016 Nov 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trying to download the new Photoshop CC 2017 and it's stuck at 85% for quite a while now on both of my Macs!  Any ideas??

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same thing happening but not a mac - a PC Desktop

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ALemaniak and Tuilorraine if you are facing difficulties completing the installation of Photoshop CC 2017 then I would recommend reviewing the installation log files to determine the cause.  You can find complete details on how to locate, and interpret the installation log files at Creative Cloud 2015 download and install errors.​. 

You are welcome to post any specific errors you discover to this discussion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Adobe "chat" support guys worked remotely on it for two hours to get it sorted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tuilorraine thank you for the update!  Happy to hear you were able to install Phtotoshop CC 2017 successfully!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 03, 2016 Nov 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My log says 0 fatal errors, 0 errors, 0 warnings.  Two lines later it says it completed successfully.  Meanwhile Photoshop install is hung at 85%.  Is the current best practice to spend two hours on the phone with tech support?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I was able to launch and use CC 2017 just fine so it must've installed ok but just not have registered with CC?  Who knows, but it's working and I'm in thd middle of busy season so that's really all I care about right now 😛

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hm.  My Photoshop is still 2015.5 so I guess I’m not as lucky.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried quitting Creative Cloud.  Killing three instances of AdobeCRDaemon and relaunching Creative Cloud.  It is now hung at “loading applications” in the launch sequence.  In Activity Monitor, these are the apps with Adobe in there name which are currently running:

Adobe CEF Helper

Adobe CEF Helper

Adobe Desktop Service

Adobe Installer

AdobeCRDaemon

AdobeIPCBroker

AdobeUpdateDaemon

Yes, that’s two instances of Adobe CEF Helper.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

StephenLinhart what log file did you review?  Was it the Install.log?  Did you search for the word ERROR within the log?  Please be aware that each time you install the log is appended too.  This means that the most recent installation attempt, and errors, will be at the end of the file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

/Library/logs/Adobe/Installers/Install.log

Here is the end of the file:

11/02/16 14:18:41:498 | [INFO] |  | HDSetup | HDSetup | AppContext |  | HDSetup | 1901563 | Exit Code: 0

-------------------------------------- Summary --------------------------------------

- 0 fatal error(s), 0 error(s), 0 warnings(s)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

11/02/16 14:18:44:032 | [INFO] |  | HDSetup | HDPIM | HDPIMSessionManager |  | HDPIM | 1900954 | Inside hdpimTerminateSession

11/02/16 14:18:44:049 | [INFO] |  | HDSetup | HDPIM | HDPIMSessionManager |  | HDPIM | 1900954 | Exiting hdpimTerminateSession, successfully closed session '0'

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Meanwhile, having exited and relaunched Creative Cloud I am still stuck at “Loading applications…”.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, having this issue too.  Even tried re-installing CC which normally fixes this issue for me. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

StephenLinhart did you find any occurrences of ERROR within the installation log? 

If you would like direct assistance reviewing the log files you are welcome to contact our support team directly at Contact Customer Care​.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I worked with customer care remotely for hours yesterday. It solved the problem for about five minutes, after the remote sessions ended.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My last error was September 27th.

09/27/16 14:24:21:758 | [INFO] |  | HDSetup | HDPIM | HDPIMSessionManager |  | HDPIM | 11504 | Exiting hdpimInstallProduct with status '0'

09/27/16 14:24:23:293 | [INFO] |  | HDSetup | OOBEUtils | FileUtils |  | OOBEUtils | 14917 | Successfully deleted directory from path: /tmp/FD272C31-5413-4E56-9EA9-1893C8AE8E6B. Recursive: 1

09/27/16 14:24:23:294 | [INFO] |  | HDSetup | HDPIM | ApplicationManager |  | HDPIM | 14917 | Populating install data from Application JSON

09/27/16 14:24:23:298 | [INFO] |  | HDSetup | HDPIM | WorkFlowManager |  | HDPIM | 14917 | No packages to process, this may be if all packages are already installed or all conditions failed

09/27/16 14:24:23:299 | [FATAL] |  | HDSetup | HDPIM | WorkFlowManager |  | HDPIM | 14917 | Error occured in install product workflow with error code 130

09/27/16 14:24:23:771 | [INFO] |  | HDSetup | HDSetup | AppContext |  | HDSetup | 14916 | Exit Code: 130

-------------------------------------- Summary --------------------------------------

- 1 fatal error(s), 0 error(s), 0 warnings(s)

FATAL: Error occured in install product workflow with error code 130

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

09/27/16 14:24:24:027 | [INFO] |  | HDSetup | HDPIM | HDPIMSessionManager |  | HDPIM | 11504 | Inside hdpimTerminateSession

09/27/16 14:24:24:274 | [INFO] |  | HDSetup | HDPIM | HDPIMSessionManager |  | HDPIM | 11504 | Exiting hdpimTerminateSession, successfully closed session '0'

09/27/16 14:24:24:376 | [INFO] |  | HDSetup | HDSetup | AppContext |  | HDSetup | 11501 | Exit Code: 130

- 1 fatal error(s), 0 error(s), 0 warnings(s)

FATAL: Error occured in install product workflow with error code 130

09/27/16 14:24:24:377 | [INFO] |  | HDSetup | HDSetup | AppContext |  | HDSetup | 11501 | *************************  END Adobe Setup  *************************

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bomgar also failed (unexpected exit on launch).  Rather than try again with AntiVirus disabled I rebooted.  After reboot, Bomgar autolaunched and CreativeCloud was working.

I observed that for each App, 85% is defined as the point at which it starts deleting the old version.  So it looks like in some cases the transfer of settings and delete of 2015.5 Photoshop on OS X fails.  I suspect it has something to do with 3rd party apps or a piece of 2015.5 Photoshop that fails to quit when I exit the program.

In any case, it seems to have finished a full install and I moved my user files for PS 2015.5 to PS 2017 by hand.  Now everything seems to be OK.  I guess I’ll give it a week before I uninstall PS 2015.5.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do we know what support did to fix the issue?  I sure would like to get mine working without talking to support for hours tomorrow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my case it wasn’t support.  I’m not certain of the causes and details, but the actions I took were:

1) Quit most Apps

2) Update Suitcase Fusion

3) Kill 3 instances of AdobeCRDeamon in Activity Monitor

4) Quit Creative Cloud

5) Launch Creative Cloud

6) Launch Bomgar unsuccessfully

7) Reboot my machine and go to admin account

8) Quit Bomgar which auto launched

9) Let Creative Cloud complete the install of all Apps BEFORE launching any browser or Adobe App

10) Move my third party plugins from PS 2015.5 to PS 2017

I don’t know which of those was relevant.  But the end result was successful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Nov 04, 2016 Nov 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My issue is now resolved. I can tell you how they did it. First I updated a three yr old  graphics driver. That helped in some ways but did not solve the main issues. 

The tech guys came in for the third day in a row and worked remotely on my system. They tried many things that failed. In the end they resorted to cleaning every single bit of Adobe software off my system. And I had CS3 programs and even my beloved old Adobe GoLive from CS2.Plus lots of stuff I rarely used.
They got rid of the lot. I cried to lose GoLive.

Then they re-installed photoshop and InDesign 2017 and finally found a way to make them work.

I still can't launch from the CC App but they gave me icons on the taskbar that work.

The biggest problem for me is that I am now totally reliant on CC. The main reason this is a problem is cost. My subscription leaps form around $12 US to whatever the cost will be for a complete CC sub.  We are retired with little income so it will not be easy. But I can't live without  Illustrator, Photoshop, Acrobat Pro, and Indesign  so I'm euchred.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same difficulties here.

I do think, it has to do with the removing of the older version.

As others report, after I booted up, I found a successful but non working version of indesign 2017.

I uninstalled it and then got, unexpectedly an option to update indesign again. What I did and then it worked.

And now the same bs goes again with photoshop.

I won't go on like that for every adobe app I have to update.

I just hope I won't need photoshop before there is a fix to this mess.

Once more: Adobe, use our fees to hire programmers, you would need less attorneys!

PS: Could it be connected to the fact that have also installed an older version of premiere,

I have to as Adobe's marketing and executive staff so wisely decided that in cc there is no need to create dvd disks anymore (encore).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On Mac I am able to have pre CC versions along with the newest CC version.  I just get into trouble with older CC versions.  So I can have Photoshop CS6 and CC2017 on the same machine.  I don’t know if that works on Windows.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have now got the 2017 CC photoshop and indesign supposedly fully up-to-date. Despite long sessions yesterday (hours) with tech support working remotely on my computer via Bomgar remote software, both programmes are still non-functional.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now I go to my last resort which is to ask my local Kiwi computer guru to sort this out for me. If he fails too, I will ask him to disable Creative Cloud altogether and somehow find me one of the old versions that were not cloud based.
I'm in New Zealand. I never had any problems with the old versions. They were rock solid reliable. Now it's just another problem every day. I depend on this software for my work. I pay for it monthly like everyone else. It's just so frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just hopped on chat support and they were able to fix it for me just now and now I am installing the Bridge CC 2017.  We will see how that goes!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines