• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CC 2017 Instatllation Stuck

Community Beginner ,
Nov 02, 2016 Nov 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trying to download the new Photoshop CC 2017 and it's stuck at 85% for quite a while now on both of my Macs!  Any ideas??

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Nov 03, 2016 Nov 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hope their "fix" lasts longer than the one they did for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Nov 04, 2016 Nov 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Creative Cloud desktop app on my iMac has stuck on 85% for several of the apps I’ve tried to update. After quitting and relaunching the CC desktop app it just sits on "loading applications…". It’s always been a really flakey app and it’s time Adobe spent some serious attention on it.

How I’m dealing with it is similar to StephenLinhart, above, by quitting CC Desktop, opening Activity Monitor and force-quitting the Adobe Desktop Service and all instances of AdobeCRDaemon, then re-opening CC Desktop, which now becomes responsive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 05, 2016 Nov 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've found that every app (well, other than Acrobat DC, for some reason) gets stuck at 85% as well. But when I reboot, then that app (first Photoshop, then Illustrator, now InDesign) that was stuck, now reports that it's installed. And then CC tries to update the next app ... and gets stuck at 85% again.

The CC 2015.2 versions are still installed - but now there's a CC 2017 version on my hard drive as well. I'm not sure if I should uninstall the 2015.2 versions manually or if that would break the 2017 versions. Viz:

Mostly, as others seem to have noted, this seems to be a problem on a Mac with uninstalling the old versions and replacing them with new versions. I've disabled Avast, and checked out on the processes that are running. Here's what I'm seeing:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Nov 06, 2016 Nov 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All my usual apps now updated using this routine (on Mac):

• click Update button in CC desktop app
  • wait an age for app to download
  • watch progress bar get stuck at 85%
  • wait a while to see that progress really has stopped
  • quit CC app
  • open Activity Monitor and search "adobe"
  • force-quit AdobeCRDaemon
  • force-quit Adobe Desktop Service
  • relaunch CC app
  • see that updated app says it is now up to date
  • launch updated app to check it actually works (which it does on my machine at least)
  • (bonus step: manually replace app icon in dock because of Adobe’s unique app naming convention)
  • rinse and repeat

No restart or login cycle required, just patience.

I hope this helps anyone experiencing similar trouble updating.

For the record, I’m on an iMac running 10.11.6.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 08, 2016 Nov 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having to chat with the Customer Service people right now too. They've also told me that I have to go in to the Activity Monitor and force-quit every single instance of any Adobe program running ... and then re-open CC ... and then update an app ... and then the app hangs ... and then you have to force-quit every single Adobe app.

This is taking me DAYS to update even 5 apps so far. Wow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 08, 2016 Nov 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

UPDATE: OK, the Premiere Pro app just updated without having to go through the install-hang-quit-reboot loop.

It's now trying to auto-updated the Media Encoder.

The key seems to be clicking on each app individually, rather than on "Update All" to start the process?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 18, 2017 Feb 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am not sure whether this is helpful, but I was having a lot of problems with the CC Desktop App until I guessed there may have been a conflict with skype and toggl and CC App running at the same time.

I quit skype and toggl and then the CC Desktop App started to work - it is still a bit clunky but better than it was.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines