• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CC keeps telling me I have updates

Participant ,
Sep 12, 2013 Sep 12, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many times when I turn on the computer CC tells me I have updates. Today it said there were four.
When I click on the CC app to update them it shows that all apps are already updated.

CC updates0.JPG

I just installed the Photoshop update yesterday as well as the new CC update. I'm running Windows 8 64 bit and I am logged in to the administrator account.

CC updates1.JPG

Notice how at the top of the screen capture (image above) it says that I have one update.
But when I click on it to see the update it says there are none. (See screen capture below)

CC updates2.JPG

This is extremely frustrating and convinces me that the CC app is seriously screwed up.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Sep 12, 2013 Sep 12, 2013

I'm running Windows 8 Pro 64 bit. After posting my problem this morning I went into Photoshop to see if the update was actually installed. About Photoshop reported version 14.1.  I then ran the "Updates" function from within Photoshop; it said an update was available and I installed it. After rebooting the computer as the installation program suggested everything was fine; CC now indicates that all programs are updated; About Photoshop reports version 14.1.1.

The lesson from this seems to be tha

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ignore that for the next week or so to give adobe time to fix the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 06, 2023 May 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hahaha… Adobe. It's 2023 and the problem is persistent. Maybe you need 11 years?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 06, 2023 May 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@wlym 

the issue causing the op's problem was fixed. it's not clear what problem, if any, you have.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 07, 2023 May 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@wlym.

You resurrected a 10 year old topic that's no longer relevant.

Make sure your computer meets the current CPU & GPU requirements to run Creative Cloud apps.

• Windows 11 (64-bit), Windows 10 versions 22H2, 21H2, 21H1;
  • MacOS 13 (Ventura), 12 (Monterey), macOS 11 (Big Sur).

-https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/system-requirements.html

If you still need help, please start a new topic.

[This topic locked due to it's advanced age & lack of relevance.]

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Other Users have reported similiar difficulties and they seem to be file permission related.  DexterG I would recommend creating a new local administrator account to see if you experience similiar difficulties.  If the new local adminisrator account works successfully can you please indicate which version of Windows you are using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running Windows 8 Pro 64 bit. After posting my problem this morning I went into Photoshop to see if the update was actually installed. About Photoshop reported version 14.1.  I then ran the "Updates" function from within Photoshop; it said an update was available and I installed it. After rebooting the computer as the installation program suggested everything was fine; CC now indicates that all programs are updated; About Photoshop reports version 14.1.1.

The lesson from this seems to be that CC thought it installed the update but didn't, leaving it in a contradictory state: "You have updates" and "All apps are up to date". Whereas Photoshop itself was able to actually find and install the update successfully.

These sorts of CC update anomalies have happened several times before over the past few months. They all seem to resolve themselves eventually, with more or less intervention on my part.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok thanks for the update DexterG!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines