• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Crashing like never before

New Here ,
Dec 31, 2019 Dec 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am a long term user of all the adobe products for many years. I just upgraded to the latest mac book pro, latest operating system and the latest adobe versions....and I have never had so much software problems in my life. 

Photoshop hang constantly when saving an image. I have to reboot....and you know how useless a software gets when you are not able to save your work. But it does not stop there. If I open a document in acrobat and start scrolling, it hangs too. And I have to force quit Acrobat. Illustrator hangs if I try to rotate an image, Character Animator starts eating the battery until it shuts down the computer - even if the power plug is in.

So I dont know what to do now really. My workflow is completey unpredictable and I constatnly save my days by using an old mac and old software I have from a couple of years back.

I have contacted mac support and they do not help at all. 

Anybody else have problems like this?

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! Sorry you're experiencing this - what a mess! What are the specs of your machine?

I'm using a MacBook Pro, 32GB RAM, i9 processor, and still running Mojave... no problem with any of the CC apps over here. I regularly use LR, PS, Ai, Acrobat, and Audition. Sometimes simultaneously! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worth checking: what is your system, and what are your specific app versions (not "latest" please)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you recently upgraded your OS to Catalina, there are known issues that Apple & Adobe still need to work on.

But excessive crashing is not normal or expected behavior.  You might need to start over with a clean installation. 

https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/fix-macos-64-bit-compatibility-errors.html

Check that your equipment meets or exceeds the latest system requirements for CC desktop app + all other apps you intend to use.

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/system-requirements.html

Run the CC Cleaner tool to wipe old files off your system followed by re-installation.

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

Hopefully this gets you up & running again.

Happy 2020!

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines