• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creative cloud applications keep asking me to login every time I launch an application

Explorer ,
Sep 20, 2013 Sep 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Creative cloud applications keep asking me to login every time I launch an application on a same machine.

How to solve this problem?

Windows 7 Professional.

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Sep 20, 2013 Sep 20, 2013

Hi irish sunshine,

Please try to update CC desktop: https://creative.adobe.com/products/creative-cloud and let us know if still the same issue.

Regards,

Romit Sinha

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Mar 20, 2014 Mar 20, 2014

Please ensure you have the latest version of the Creative Cloud app installed

http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/release-note/cc-release-notes.html

We also have this solution for the having to sign in on every product launch

http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/unable-login-creative-cloud-248.html

If you're continuing to have issues please post back

Thanks,

- Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 188 Replies 188
Contributor ,
Mar 23, 2014 Mar 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dave I have officially named you "hero" for these posts. I have no idea what an IMSLib is, but the executable seems to have (at least for now) fixed the problem.

I have to ask why this fix hadn't showed up in all the searches I have conducted trying to solve this problem. There is no issue date on the page. Is it a recent document?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 27, 2014 Mar 27, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad to hear it worked

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 01, 2014 Apr 01, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have any solution for the Mac? This issue started occuring after updating my CC membership and it's driving me nuts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does it start coming back to cc in Mac? I was almost eager to update, which version are you on right now?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe CC v.1.5.0.367, not sure it's related to an update though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it me, or is it becoming worse over time?

Now...

• every application asks me to login on startup - no matter how many instances of Adobe CC are already running
  • some applications ask me to login twice in a row
  • others ask me to login and won't start, just in order to ask me to login again on restart

This thing is making me furious Long time customer here, but you'd better take this issue serisouly, because it sheds a very bad light on your products, Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Apr 02, 2014 Apr 02, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What frightens me William is that this is a cross platform (Mac & Win) issue.   That tells me these solutions are just repairs to the files on our machines that are being damaged somehow by the CC authentication process. The root cause is still out there and it will happen again and again. It has happened to me when shooting in the field and it prevents me from editing a photograph in camera raw then loading it into Photoshop. I am screwed until I leave the shoot and find a Starbucks or someplace with internet access. It sure kills a location shoot when the photographer needs to leave for an hour to re-authenticate.

I am not sure it this IMSLib repair and CC update have resolved the problem. I've not had it happen for a few days. But if it has not been properly fixed, guaranteed it will rear up again when I am on the clock in the field. If that happens, Adobe will be getting a bill.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 15, 2015 Jul 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a brand new Dell computer that has been set up by my company with multiple network access to various networks around the world (global company). Setting up a new user just to see if that solves the probelm is not an option, and besides, it is a new machine there has been no other users. There are no previous versions of any Adobe products installed.

I am getting a message EVERY time I start an Adobe program. I have a full CC account that is up to date and you are taking the money!!

I have been in communication with various parts of Adobe for days and I keep getting the same redundant replies 'upgrade to latest CC app' DONE,  I get a reply asking me to change settings in IE (not that I use IE) but DONE.  The final request is to set up a new user account - well I have a new user account on a brand new machine and I'm not about to start an incident in setting up my machine for internal access to all of the company networks again.

I never had this trouble with CS6 - I hate this CC it is a pain. How do I stop the multiple requests to verify and sign in.

The last suggestion I have been given is to delete the database opm.db, but as CC will not stop running even when signed out, even when found through Task Manager and forced to stop running. I can not move the .db file to the desktop (obvious Mac user there) whilst it is in use by CC and you can not stop CC from running.

I am paying my dollar and not getting the service.

What next?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

‌Hello,

this his is very much a returning problem and it seems there is no solution that works for everybody. Please, look two posts above yours and see if that is a solution that works for you. We have a superhero here and he found a way that helped others.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the help ACP but the post two above my last refers to a Mac. I'm on a PC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

‌oh, don't thank me, I did nothing. But I will take your question a level up and hope to find a solution. Hold on and thanks for your patience!

ps: I am not ACP, I am Flora

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Flora, thanks for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi back!

h‌ere some answer, let me know if it helps, I hope this is the solution for you to delets the opm.db file and work free:

Recreating the opm.db is a really good idea for this. This file is where the login information is stored.

The Creative Cloud must be complete shut down before you can delete this file. There are several components to this though.

1) Signing out of the applications will have no effect on whether or not the applications are running. So, instead of signing out, just quit the application from the gear menu

2) In task manager, close any processes (from the Processes tab, not the Applications tab) that start with the name “Adobe,” mention “Creative Cloud,” or have the Creative Cloud icon. There should be a few of these like the Adobe CEF Helper and Core Sync. Once these process have been closed, the file can be deleted

3) If it still says it can’t be deleted because it is in use, this is because something else is “using” it. This would commonly be things like anti-virus scanning the file, backup utilities copying the file, or some other application engaging the file in some way. If this is the case, it would certainly explain the behavior seen: for as long as another application is locking the file, your login information will never be saved to the file, and thus you would be continually asked to login.

4)  The best thing to do would be to follow these instructions:

https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/disable-startup-items-services-windows.html

Then delete the opm.db file and launch the Creative Cloud desktop app and sign in. This should prevent the opm from becoming locked, allow it’s deletion and also allow the login information to be successfully saved to a new file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 21, 2015 Jul 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've got a new wrinkle to this problem.  I canceled my creative cloud subscription September 2014.  I've been using my CS6 regions with no issue until today.  Now I am suddenly getting pop up window that says:

RENEW YOUR SUBSCRIPTION

Go to the Subscription Manager to renew your subscription for Creative Cloud and continue using your product uninterrupted.  If you have just renewed your subscription, please wait 15 minutes and try again.

WHY IS THIS HAPPENING?!?!?!?

I've uninstalled CC using the uninstaller.  I've emptied the trash, restarted my machine.  Try to open any CS6 application and I get the same popup!!  I am mid project when CS6 crashed, and it won't reopen!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 22, 2015 Jul 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can't help with why this is happening but the reason is because Adobe no longer give a stuff about their customers. They only care about getting and holding onto a constant revenue stream (i.e. CC subscription).

My only guess is that there is still a background process and/or startup procedure still present and running that is calling the cloud service for authorisation. What platform/OS are you running?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Paul Smith wrote:

Can't help with why this is happening but the reason is because Adobe no longer give a stuff about their customers. They only care about getting and holding onto a constant revenue stream (i.e. CC subscription).

that is not true, come on. They are aware the system with customer service is far from customer succes but they are trying to collect all synergies to raise the quality. Even we volunteers give the heck of our best to support customers (while customers too, indeed) - subscribing to a service is how most services work today: netflix, skype, spotify.... They are not just greedy it is how the market is developing. There is no connection with the customer service and how good it works.

I understand the forum has become one of the primary sources to connect with the company for the users, which is a news to me, and I know you have all reasons to be annoyed, let's just not exaggerate. I agree there are reasons to wish for more, but don't be that hostile, it brings nowhere. Let's be constructive, shall we?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I've said before, the volunteers on this forum, including yourself, are great. But in MY experience and in a lot of other peoples experience (just reading through these forums), Adobe, as a company do not care about the customer. It was Adobe who completely removed the option of a perpetual licence for people who suited that work method (i.e. people who would upgrade in 3 yearly cycles). No one made Adobe do this. They decided to do it despite a lot of very good reasons put forward of why different options suited different situations. Of course companies are moving over to this, it is a perpetual revenue stream and this does not suit all situations.

Has it really come to the point where volunteers and ordinary members of a forum fixing the majority of the bugs has become acceptable? Adobe doesn't even recognise half the stuff hundreds and hundreds of users are reporting as even being bugs. We pay every month and we are also beta testers and now we're doing in-depth bug fixes for things that are not even connected with the software (i.e. authorisation bugs).

No refunds, no apologies (official apologies) but I notice the monthly payments are taken bang on date every month. If that's not a definition of not caring about the customer then I don't know what is. At the end of the day it is incidental if Adobe actually care about their customers or not. What matters is if, from the customers point of view, they appear not to care and they certainly don't appear to care.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

‌the volunteers program is an attempt to humanize the contact with users. The staff relies on our expertise and human skills to cover what they likely understood was not working. We don't work for adobe but we work with adobe and our efforts are to be seen as an extend of the company's will to get closer, to solve problems and it is somehow telling we hear you and trying to give this forum a status. A place to come to solve problems and connect with other creatives at the same time.

I am very aware of your personal story and you know I went as high aa I could to complain, I hope it gave something back, if not I am not afraid to complain about your case again and again. Believe we are not just sitting here, we are merciless reporting things and adobe is humbly taking all the insults. I know because I bring them around all the time.

they can't say sorry for choosing the subscription mode, why should they? Unfortunately a change in the market will always mean that those who preferred another system would probably stay disappointed and heck all these bugs are not making it easier and I suppose the updates need to be covered faster from all third parties that sell plugins as often the fixes do not come as fast as when they had two years of time for an upgrade.

I never made a mystery that I like the subscription more than selling licenses, I respect whoever preferred the former choice. I am somehow for re-introducing packages like video, premium design and so forth but I understand it is dated.

I Exactly as adobe self  aware that it looks accidental. They work on it. We volunteers agree to work on it together with the company.

I might agree a forum is quite an interesting way to choose a solution, but it is different from not trying at all. The goal is to solve problem and I believe whatever does the work if it does let's use it.

you make me guess you had not the assistance I hoped you to have. I apologize and will try harder to make your point.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Floramc,

As I've said quite a few times now, I have no issue at all with the wonderful volunteers. You keep explaining about volunteers and their role in the forums. I know all this and have no issue with the great help you provide.

I didn't say or mean Adobe should say sorry for their subscription model. I said that they should say sorry for me having to spend 38 work hours figuring out a solution to this particular bug then a further 30-45 minutes per machine implementing the fix. That's a lot of company time and expense.

I also understand you went as high as you could with Adobe. So did I. But Adobe, the people who code this stuff, didn't come up with the (or a fix). Again, I had to do this myself. I am grateful that you tried to help, I really am, but this is the 3rd major bug I have had to fix myself without even an acknowledgement from Adobe that the bugs even existed.

Adobe is not a charity. It is a multinational, multimillion dollar company and although I like the forum a lot (and contribute any info I discover to try and help others) Adobe shouldn't rely on either volunteers or discussion participants to come up with solutions to serious issues and bugs, because that is what they are doing. If I could find the fix why couldn't the coders? I am not a coder. It looks as though the forum (i.e. volunteers and ordinary members) are now solving most of the issues that Adobe are not even acknowledging but where do I get back those 38 hours? How do I justify it to the people who pay my wage? Interestingly enough, in 2014 Adobe's profit (profit not turnover) went up to $88.5 million from $76.5 million over the previous year on an increase (5.7%) revenue of $1.07 billion. That makes the 38 hours I spent to get their software to work properly on our machines a real kick in the teeth because I too work for a company that need to make a profit not waste a week getting authorisation code to work properly.

And for the subscription model, all I'm saying is that there should be a choice. Subscription suits some users, perpetual licences suit others. That's all. And it wasn't a change in the market that led to Adobe's subscription only model. It was a decision in the board room based on profit forecast. Having no choice does not constitute a change in the market. Even Microsoft, who offer 365 subscription for their Office suite also offer perpetual licences for it as well. They let the user choose what suits them best so although a lot of companies are offering subscription methods there are not many that offer only that method without choice. That is my point.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what has happened to you is beyond my understanding - I really really really am negatively astonished. And frustrated I could not solve it.

apologize if you feel I insist, it is just that we volunteers seem to be the solution found on the forum and I hope to see it working because I do this with Adobe as many more like me and we really want to change this image with all our commitment.

I really felt for your case as I feel for many others but especially your case and I appreciate your help as it seems there are no solutione that fit all users. I am frustrated too and I want to help. It is horrible to feel powerless believe me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

‌I am running OS 10.10.4 and it now seems the problem is limited only to InDesign. The rest of my CS6 applications all open without issue. It's limited to ONLY when I try to open InDesign. So terribly frustrating and these kinds of issues only seem to crop up at 10 pm for me 

I don't know what to do from here to find whatever subroutine is running in JUST InDesign.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 24, 2015 Jul 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am on Adobe CC with a full subscription to all programs, which is up to date.

I am still getting this bloody annoying nag screen asking me to license each program, each time I open any program. I have done everything suggested

1. created a new account

2. deleted the opm.db

3. made sure adobe not blocked by firewall

Please, please please - what do I have to do to make this stop.  It seems I am one of possibly hundreds of people with the same problems and Adobe do not want to do anything about it as long as they keep getting the money.

I have asked in several forum threads no one has an answer and Adobe go oddly quiet and don't respond leaving it to the forum moderators who with the best intentions have no idea of what to do either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Carleton Van Selman wrote:

Please, please please - what do I have to do to make this stop.  It seems I am one of possibly hundreds of people with the same problems and Adobe do not want to do anything about it as long as they keep getting the money.

I'd rather go we haven't found a solution that works for everybody, so try those who are given here and see if any works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OH MY GOD!!! I am so frustrated right now, and I have to vent a bit.

I have done everything suggested in these threads twice, and the problem keeps coming back. I've been prompted for my credentials five times today, and nothing seems to make them stick.The ONLY saving grace is that this version of Premiere at least tells me that it wants my credentials, instead of just presenting the cryptic message that one of my sequences has invalid codecs.

My frustration level is through the roof, due to the repeated credential requests and the general flakiness of Premiere Pro CC 2015. For example, I just did a 45-minute exported, only to have the audio completely messed up on the finished video. That's after living through skipping audio and constant audio sync issues.

This version of Premiere is as bad as the flaky, unstable garbage Adobe put out in the 90s. Which is why I always used to use Media composer and then switched to FCP. The application was stable, but it's garbage again now. 

Adobe, you REALLY screwed up on this one, and you owe people some kind of credit for our trouble and lost time.The product manager should be also fired for releasing this product out so prematurely, as should whoever it was that pressured the PM into releasing such an unstable build.

OK. The sermon is ended, go in peace.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 27, 2015 Jul 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem, although in my case the file was called pim.db and not opm.db.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines