Exit

Creative Cloud Desktop - Apps tab missing - mac

Community Beginner ,
Mar 09, 2016 Mar 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All

I'm using OSX 10.11.3

I know this question has been asked a few times and I did find a solution, which was on another thread.

– Sign out of Creative Cloud desktop and then exit Creative Cloud desktop.

– Go to Macintosh HD/Library/Application Support/Adobe

– Find and delete the folders: AAM Updater, OOBE folder and Adobeapplication Manager folder

– Run CC cleaner tool found here > https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

– Select Creative Cloud Desktop and click clean up selected only

– Re-install Creative Cloud Desktop > https://creative.adobe.com/products/creative-cloud

– Log in and apps tab should be displaying with 2015 updates available

You may need to re-install the Adobe application manager found here > Adobe - Adobe Application Manager : For Macintosh : Adobe Application Manager

This worked but as soon as I restarted the apps tab disappeared again, anyone seen that happen? I really don't want to have to do this every time I restart.

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 09, 2016 Mar 09, 2016

Hi,

Please follow the below mentioned steps to fix the issue.

Steps to fix the issue  :

Go to location :

MAC:-  /Library/Application Support/Adobe/OOBE/Config

Windows:-  C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\OOBE\Config

Open file “ServiceConfig.xml” with text edit/Notepad and make the following changes

<config>- <panel>  <name>Apps Panel</name> <visible>true</visible> </panel>  </config>

Save XML file (we need to change the False value to True).

If the issue is not fixe

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Nov 13, 2017 Nov 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Doesn't look like their tech group has ever answered this. I've found this solution on several different forums, but no-one has been able to tell you what to do if the mac in question does not have a Config folder - and therefore no xml file to edit.

The first 5 steps are what are suggested by Adobe to fix this issue. Since step 5 doesn't exist on the machines I have worked on, I have done steps 6, 7 and 8 and tried after each step to run Creative Cloud. Steps 8 and 9 are a last resort and not really ideal for individual users and are a huge time sink.

1. Restart Creative Cloud background processes
  2. Restart computer and relaunch Creative Cloud desktop app.
  3. Upgrade to the current version of Creative Cloud desktop app.
  4. Reinstall the Creative Cloud desktop app.
  5. Change the ServiceConfig.xml file
    1. MAC: /Library/Application Support/Adobe/OOBE/Config
    2. Windows:- C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\OOBE\Config
    3. Open file “ServiceConfig.xml” with Notepad or text edit
    4. Make the following changes <config>- <panel>  <name>Apps Panel</name> <visible>true</visible> </panel> </config> (You are changing False to True)
    5. Save the XML file
  6. Delete the OOBE Folder and relaunch Creative Cloud Desktop app. The OOBE folder can usually be found at these locations:
    1. Windows – C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe
    2. Mac – C:\Users\(UserName)\AppData\Local\Adobe
  7. Download and run the Creative Cloud cleaner (choosing Fix Adobe ID credentials will solve the issue 50% of the time - if not, you will need to clean all and uninstall any products it misses)
  8. Serialize the product and make it a device license - this won't work if you don't have an enterprise account though
  9. Re-image machine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 30, 2022 Jun 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for your solution, it works perfectly !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines