• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creative Cloud installation failed (error: 702)

Community Beginner ,
Nov 20, 2020 Nov 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

About a week ago creative cloud signed me out, and since then I am not able to login into Creative Cloud and use any of the products. 

Every time I reinstall I get an error message, "The installer was unable to access a file or directory. (Error code: 702)"

I have contacted the support team numerous times. They finally reached out to me. I shared my screen to resolve the issue but didn't work out. The next step was talking to the senior team, but even though I scheduled a phone call 3 times, they never called me or left a voice message or email. 

I am getting really frustrated about this. Because I can't use any of the design tools to do my daily task, and this impacts my main source of income. I'm in desperate need of advice. 

TOPICS
Creative Cloud , Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Aug 25, 2021 Aug 25, 2021

I think we found the problem to this issue.  As it turns out, if you are using some kind of security profile on a business machine, it seems to mess up the file permissions in the /tmp/ directory.  I'm sure there are other ways the permissions can get messed up, but we simply used the following command after logging into TERMINAL.

sudo chmod 1777 /tmp/

Let me know if it works. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 110 Replies 110
New Here ,
Mar 29, 2022 Mar 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Awesome!  This worked for me!   So much faster than wasting time with Adobe support.   Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 05, 2022 Apr 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

worked for me too! Adobe had no idea only these harddisk first aid stuff wich doesn't worked. After 2 Backuprecovery installs (after the first the Adobe apps all runs, and then suddenly out of nowhere it fails again), now your soltuion. thanks bro!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 13, 2022 Apr 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worked For me too ! Thank You!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 14, 2022 Apr 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 06, 2022 May 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worked for me! You're a lifesaver!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 14, 2022 May 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much this worked for me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 24, 2022 May 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you. Been trying for hours to fix this and this has sorted it beautifully

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 05, 2022 Jul 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jul 19, 2022 Jul 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! Set correct permission to tmp folder and no error message anymore.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 20, 2022 Jul 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, it works for me too 🙂 Thank you very much.

System: Mac OS 12.4

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 21, 2022 Jul 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Resolved on Monterrey, perfect.

Thanks,

Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 22, 2022 Jul 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worked for me 😀 !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 25, 2022 Jul 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That was the right answer to my problem!! Chapeau!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 26, 2022 Jul 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU, KARY BURNS!!!! This was just about the easiest fix to a frustrating issue EVER! (My issue: InDesign 2022 wouldn't launch. Creative Cloud app wouldn't install. Error 702.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 04, 2022 Aug 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, where have i put it? Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 10, 2022 Aug 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worked for me just now (Aug 2022).  Thanks goodness I just directly googled for help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 10, 2022 Aug 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

P.S. I'm running Catalina (Mac)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 25, 2022 Aug 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

works! magic

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 30, 2022 Aug 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Holly Shhhh... it worked for me as well. I contacted the agent, and he couldn't figure it out. Asked for my contact and promised that I would get a higher-level agent to reach out to me in 24-48 hours. Meanwhile, I couldn't get my work done. THANK YOU!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 31, 2022 Aug 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANKS WORKS

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 08, 2022 Sep 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is asking me a password?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 14, 2022 Sep 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Running OS 10.15.7 in my MAC Mini and unespectedly got error messages to the effect"Creative CLoud app need to resolve this problem" Had to use the Clean Up tool to get rid of the CC app, but couldn't reinstall.  Did this:

Renamed OOBE folder to OOBE.old (MacOS: Macintosh HD/Library/Application Support/Adobe/OOBE) and still couldn't reinstall.  Found your suggestion and it worked like a charm!  Thanks for sharing.  All well now in Adobe land!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 18, 2022 Sep 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it works! just don't forget to type your Mac password after typing the command and hit enter. Not very obvious for people who've never opened Terminal before. thank you!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 21, 2023 Mar 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Not very obvious for people who've never opened Terminal before." Me. People is me. I've opened Terminal and it says things. Do I delete those things? Or do I type below it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 21, 2023 Mar 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

google how to use terminal 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines