Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creative Cloud Installer breaks Internet connection

New Here ,
Nov 14, 2021 Nov 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have the new macbook 14" and want to install the creative cloud app. however, during the installation, it kills my internet connection and I can't do anything. only after I quit the installation, the internet comes back.

I did multiple tests. such as restarting the router, rebooting my macbook etc. The internet always breaks during the installation and comes back when I abort.

Does anyone know how to resolve the issue?

TOPICS
Creative Cloud , Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 14, 2022 Feb 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you provide a link to the discussion or describe what the issue actually is. Is there a fix, or is it just completely incompatible with netgear equipment?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 15, 2022 Feb 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reddit thread on the discussion:
https://www.reddit.com/r/orbi/comments/snqibt/rbr750_crashing_during_large_downloads/

Netgear Support Thread:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-WiFi-6-AX-and-WiFi-6E-AXE/RBR750-dropping-internet-connection-...

From what I gather here, this is not restricted to just netgear equipment and ONLY occurs during large file downloads from Creative Cloud. The second part I can confirm. I download games that are 100+GB with no issues, but any sizeable Adobe download crashes the router.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for posting the links to discussions, Phrawst.  It looks like people are also encountering problems when downloading large files outside of Creative Cloud on both Reddit and Netgear threads.

Please download and run the CC Log Collector Tool from http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html and contact our support team at https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen so we can verify there are no configuration errors that are causing the connections to be dropped.  You may want to reference this discussion so that the public forum discussion links you referenced can also be evaluated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think enough people are experiencing it with ONLY adobe to conclude there is some issue between the two. Regardless of where you want to place the blame it should now be a matter of adobe and netgear putting their tech heads together to root out the cause because it is a bad look for both companies that this is happening.

Way too much responsiblity being placed on customers shoulders to diagnose and give details on the issue at this point. Makes both companies look incompitent. Maybe it is 100% netgear's fault. Doesn't change the fact it ONLY happens to me when doing a CC update. To a non tech head that looks like it's Adobes fault and both companies should work together to figure it out and provide PROMPT updates on their progress.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 14, 2022 Feb 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you provide a link to the discussion or describe what the issue actually is. Is there a fix, or is it just completely incompatible with netgear equipment?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone contacted Netgear about their kit failing?

Has anyone even checked for a firmware upgrade on their kit?

I have said repeatedly that this CANNOT be an Adobe bug; sure Adobe have many bugs, some of them terrible, but if network equipment actually reboots when you send it stuff, no matter how bad or stupid the stuff is, then it is a fault in the network equipment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is why I'm requesting a link to the thread. If this is a compatibility issue between Netgear and Adobe (which I also have trouble believing), then at least that provides some base for troubleshooting the issue.

As you can see in this thread, however, the issue is able to be recreated on different networks, with different settings, at different locations, and NO satisfactory answer has been provided from Adobe.

Also, network equipment isn't rebooting, the network's internet access is being knocked out, and come back upon reboot (then is knocked out again by CC updates).

There is a definite issue, and it DEFINITELY pertains to Adobe. There are enough instances and topics to confirm this. If Creative Cloud updates are constantly interuptting internet service, while other applications are not, obviously there is an issue being created by Adobe. Even if the problem is network side, WHY and WHAT is happening to cause it to react exclusively to CC that way.

Netgear is a common brand, so a compatibility issue seems feasible, I'd just love to see the topic the previous poster was referring to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Also, network equipment isn't rebooting, the network's internet access is being knocked out, and come back upon reboot (then is knocked out again by CC updates)." This is very interesting. All previous reports (the few which got down to details) stated it was rebooted. But it may be that really it's knocking out the network instead. This of course opens up the scope of what may be wrong: the router itself, the interface to the interface access (if different), the equipment at the other end of the interface link etc. My point remains: Adobe might knock it over but that doesn't mean it has a fault. When talking to the network there isn't a "crash connection" option, only send and receive data options. This is a serious bug in something. I hope you find it - but you WON'T find it if you keep insisting it's Adobe's bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Test Screen Name, you bring up a great point.  I have been using a Netgear router for my home network for several years and have never been disconnected from the Internet due to utilizing all available Internet bandwidth. 

As mentioned earlier, the only time I have encountered behavior similar to those in this public discussion was due to an issue with the cable connection to the router.  The cable company came out, determined a problem with the signal, replaced the cable and the router.  I was using an Airport Extreme Base station at this time, so Netgear was not a factor.

I would encourage those who continue to encounter problems with your Internet connection being dropped to download and run the CC Log Collector tool from http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html.  Once the log files have been uploaded, you can then begin a secure chat session at https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen so that a member of our support team can review the current configuration of the Creative Cloud desktop app when it is fetching updates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have called they are aware of the issue.

Even if it is NOT adobes bug (and I agree it likely isn't) it doesn't mean it isn't a bad look for adobe that it only occurs when updating their software. Obviously the hardware is not handling how adobe is sending stuff out correctly and then crashes. Adobe and Netgear should be communicating to figure out why netgear is struggling with this so they can devise a fix. Considering this has been an issue apperently since last August it is shocking it isn't resolved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Phrawst, I reviewed the account you used to post to this public discussion forum, but I don't see any recorded interactions with our support team.  When you said you called, are you referring to contacting Netgear?

Please collect your logs and contact us if you have not done so already.  You can use the process listed in https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/customer-support-portal.html to review and update any recent support cases.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I called Netgear. I completely agree the fix for this issue likely lies on their end. Just frustrated that between both companies an issue like this has been allowed to persist for what looks like 6+ months.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd hate to break it to everybody, but this is NOT isolated to Netgear. Has anybody here actually read this whole thread?

Earlier in the thread, I provided an extremely detailed description of the issue where I explained how I was able to successfully reproduce the issue, consistently, on both an enterprise level network (in a studio environment) that was using Ubiquiti Systems infrastructure, and a semi-enterprise network (home environment) that was using Cisco Systems infrastructure. In all cases, the issue only became present precisely when downloading or updating an App via the Creative Cloud application. 

I took a break from this thread for a couple of weeks after there were no additional insights, during which time a friend of mine who is also a user of Creative Cloud has experienced the issue at home. His router: Linksys.

I don't understand how or why this became only a Netgar problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ChornoWolf, I am also not seeing any recent interactions with our support team under the account you used to post to this discussion.  I would encourage you also to collect the log files using the Log Collector tool and contact our support team so that any errors you are encountering can be evaluated.

I am truly sorry that many of you are finding your Internet connection dropped while updating Adobe applications.  Before adding to this current public discussion, please make sure you have contacted our technical support team at https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen so that any errors you are encountering can be reviewed.  You can also download and run the CC Log Collector Tool from http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html, allowing us to review any problems that are occurring during the download and install process.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd be more than happy to submit an official ticket directly with the support team. Just for full disclosure, however: I will be able to run the logs on the Linksys setup and probably the Cisco one. But it is unlikely I can do it in the studio where it is occuring on the Ubiqiti infrastructure. The studio manager and IT department for that office has actually blocked and banned the use of Adobe Creative Cloud app studio-wide as a result of the issue, which has on a few occassions caused the whole network to go down for a few minutes which somebody was attempting to update or doanlod via their Creative Cloud App. 

Fun times.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, ChornoWolf.   The CC Log Collector Tool only collects files from the computer itself.

If the organization is using a Creative Cloud for Team or Enterprise membership, then they can use the process listed in https://helpx.adobe.com/enterprise/using/support-for-enterprise.html to open a support case and access the elevated support that is included with those plans.  Various update and application deployment options are included with both types of plans, so they are not confined to each person downloading application updates individually over the Internet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad it to hear it isn't a netgear only problem. I believe I mentioned in one of my replies that I'd noted complaints of this outside of netgear as well. Not sure. The lack of resolution on this issue is ridiculous from all parties involved (Adobe, Netgear, Linksys, etc etc).

A cloud based software app that crashes your router is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. I'm 43 and have never experienced this before.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I'd be "glad" in the sense that, no, you're not going crazy! haha. But overall, it sucks because it is clearly happening on many different types of networks, ranging from consumer to semi-enterprise, all the way to full-blown-enterprise, on many different brands of hardware. This means it will be harder to track down and fix. 

I've overall been satisfied with some of the more conscientious replies from folks and staff here who appear genuinely invested in the problem, though occasionally frustrated by some folks who insist the issue simply *can't* be Adobe's software "just because." Perhaps the softare has simply exposed a flaw in some type of networking protocol that is present on many hardware systems? Regardless, Adobe and the Creative Cloud app is most certainly part of the phenomenon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@-ChronoWolf- Heh, well, I've read the entire thread and came back to see what was new. I agree that Netgear is only one ingredient in this soup. But it might be helpful to know what type of Netgear is being affected with some users, i.e., their C3000–N300 WiFi Cable Modem Router, how they are configured, and if there are double network translations involved. BTW, were you able to collect the router logs to see what happened when your systems got knocked out?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No router logs, I didn't attempt to capture them (or know how). I'm using an netgear orbi RBR750.

Like I've said though, this topic goes back to last August. There is no excuse at this point that they should be relying on customer data for the solve. I work in software development and I know full well the amount of confidence users lose in your product when you need to ask them to solve the problem for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I see a lot of Orbi complaints going back for months with some interesting solutions offered, including factory resets, switching to WiFi only, firmware updates, changing NTP to "time.google.com" instead of the default, replacing Orbi, lol...  IDK. But Netgear aside, seems to be no universal issue or fix yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Jain, yes, I recognize you have also been very invested in this, and it is appreciated. I was unable to get you the logs when you first asked as I got pulled away... but I will try and do that soon, and provide specific hardware details. As I mentioned just recently, I'm afraid I won't be able to do this for the enterprise setup using Ubiquiti as Creative Cloud was banned from that studio until resolution or further notice. But I can at least get you the Linksys network and then submit to Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the interim, I can provide more information...

Firstly, I'm going to combine the Cisco and Linksys scenarios together as I just discovered Cisco/Linksys use the same software/hardware, as they are technically the same company...

// Setup 1: Cisco/Linksys environment (consumer)

[Computer] --- (wired LAN Gigabit) --- [Cisco/Linksys EA6350] --- [WAN - Gigabit Internet]

This is the home environment. The computer drivers, software, and router firmware/software are up-to-date. The internet will die within seconds of the Creative Cloud application downloading or updating an app, then force the router to reboot (taking down the entire network). Reproducible 100% of every time a download or update is activated from Creative Coud. It was tested with another application which utilized heavy bandwidth to see if saturating the connection was the culprit, but every other app tested (Steam, etc.) didn't cause the same issue with a heavily saturated connection (in many cases, in excess of what Adobe was utilizing).

I can probably provide logs on this setup.

// Setup 2 (two scenarios): Sonic Wall/Ubiquity environment (enterprise)

[Computer] --- (wired LAN Gigabit) --- [Sonic Wall] --- [Fiber Modem] --- [Gigabit Internet]

[Computer] --- (wireless) --- [Ubiquiti WAP and Switch] --- [Sonic Wall] --- [Fiber Modem] --- [Gigabit Internet]

I am unable to provide the specific model numbers as I don't have direct access to this infrastucture, but was able to ask about the brands and get *some* high-level information. Like the home setup, the issue was reproducible 100% of the time and only when downloading or updating an Adobe app via the Creative Cloud application. You can see it is present on both a machine wired to the network, and one using wireless.

This was a few weeks ago, however, and since then the Creative Cloud application has been banned/blocked across the studio after it was determined to be taking down the network for many folks in the office. Hence, I won't be able to provide logs or investigate further on this setup.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 21, 2022 Feb 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have the same problem with connection destroyed during the Creative Cloud update process. It happens everytime and I struggle with several months. The only way how can I restore the connection is to restart my PC. So this is really old bug and still not repaired. Please, can the Adobe dev team try to do something with it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 24, 2022 Feb 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interesting to see how many people have this issue and how long it has been going on.

I've had this happening for quite a while, across multiple setups, different computers, different connections, etc. and the CC updates are the only thing in common across the board.  It has gotten to the point where it is so matter of fact to me as the cause of the issue, I'll tell people my internet will be down for a while because the CC updates break it.  I wouldn't have guessed there was a debate as to if that actually was the cause.

I suppose my only difference is I get a full internet lockdown on the computer that I'm on- once the update finishes, it's like nothing ever happened.  No PC or router resets required.  But it will absolutely break and cut off any other connections/downloads/syncs/whatever.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines