• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creative Cloud is always listed under "Apps Using Significant Energy" in OSX Mavericks

Community Beginner ,
Oct 31, 2013 Oct 31, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Creative Cloud app always seems to be listed under "Apps Using Significant Energy" in OSX Mavericks. Is this normal behavior? Is there something that CC is doing in the background that requires it to draw energy? Thanks for any insight anyone can provide.

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 17, 2014 Jan 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another case of the same issue, the Creative Cloud app is constantly using high performance GPU and never napping, which is Bad Behaviour for an app which is (for 99% of the time) nothing more than in icon on the menu bar.

Late 2013 15" MBPr, clean installation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 17, 2014 Jan 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Found another issue with the app.  I've signed up for early access to TypeKit desktop font syncing (which is great to have), but have found that for the TypeKit fonts to be available for use in any of the CC apps (or available to any application on your computer), the Creative Cloud helper app must be open and logged in.

So, for all of us who have been closing down the CC helper app to save battery when away from the desk, we've now got a different headache to deal with.

Adobe, PLEASE try and address the power-usage issue with the helper app!  There's got to be something you can do about it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 18, 2014 Jan 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just noticed this today and Googled the issue to find this post.  This is a major bug, has Adobe acknowledged it yet? 

This would definitely explain why my battery life hasn't been as good as expected on my 15" MBPr.  When I'm on battery power, I'm not editing, thus I want to maximize battery life by using the integrated graphics.

What's the word Adobe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 19, 2014 Jan 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, Adobe!

We are here, and we want your attention.

Do, react!

Please!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 19, 2014 Jan 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One more... same here. Fix it, please!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 20, 2014 Jan 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As other people already suggested – quitting the CC menu helps to get rid of the battery drainer... suddently my machine has a decent battery time again.

Still, proper fix would be appreaciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 05, 2014 Feb 05, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So - received an update to the Creative Cloud software yesterday. It is now, if anything, even worse than it was. While working with some word processing and a bit of light Maple usage and Creative Cloud ends up with 20% eneregy impact according to the activity monitor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same, the app is now using even more energy and still not napping. However, it no longer uses the high performance GPU so there is some improvement.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

okay. I don't have discrete graphics, so no comment on that. In my case it seems to be a regression.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 19, 2014 Feb 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Latest update uses the high perf GPU again.. Also, it used a HUGE amount of energy -- more than any other app on my computer!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here incredibly annoying issue, loosing at least an hours battery life each day with CC running.

However there could be some hope. I pretty much only need CC running when working in either Photoshop, Illustrator etc.  Looking into doing something like this (http://www.markosx.com/thecocoaquest/kill-one-application-if-another-is-not-running-applescript/) could help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I didn't take a closer look at the link, but even if it works its a terrible solution. One of my machines is not too powerful and having CC constantly tie up resources when its not doing anything most of the time is annoying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Someone from Adobe responded on the 1st of November, it's now towards the end of January and not a word more? Looks like it was too complicated and not interesting enough to argue about so Adobe have simply ignored it...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hei Adobe!

Is anybody from Adobe reading this? Guys, please stop this bloody icon from draining our batteries. Just stop it. It's no more than just an icon at the status-bar. It does nothing but listed as a second in power consumption on my system. It is terribly wrong. Are you going to fix it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 11, 2014 Feb 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this being addressed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 18, 2014 Feb 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same here. this is a major bug. fix it you jerks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this a joke? I just got an update to the CC app, and it's STILL using a significant amount of energy and STILL requires the HIGH PERFORMANCE GPU to operate!

It's a damn dock program that checks if your apps are out of date. Why would it POSSIBLY be needing to use so much energy and the high performance GPU?!? Horrible programming that no one is bothering to fix.. Yay..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Terribly annoying. The problem is still there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 19, 2014 Mar 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another Creative Cloud update (Version 1.5.0.367) and not even a mention of this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 22, 2014 Mar 22, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a bit ridiculous that Adobe utterly refuses to even dignify users with a response or acknowledgement of the issue. If it's not a "bug," then at least an explanation for why CC needs to have such a heavy footprint would be nice. It's obvious this isn't an isolated issue and materially disrupts the workflow of many by significantly decreasing their laptop's usable battery life.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 25, 2014 Mar 25, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here on 2014 Retina Mac Book Pro 2.6 Ghz Intel Core i7 with NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M running OS X 10.9.2.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 10, 2014 Apr 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've got the same problem, hope Adobe will act fast on this issue...

MBP 15" Retina Early 2013

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 15, 2014 Apr 15, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem too on a late 2013 Retina MBP.

I don't understand what a simple menu that is normally hidden needs the discrete graphics for. It's crazy that it hasn't been fixed after this long.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 15, 2014 Apr 15, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm starting to wonder if they're mining bitcoins!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 21, 2014 Apr 21, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got this from Adobe "support":

"Please be informed that Creative Cloud desktop application manages the updates for your CC applications and there are many processes related to Creative Cloud running in the background  which consumes the battery power. this is a normal behavior and we do not have any options reduce the background the processes. We can only Quite CC desktop application in order to end the processes."

WOW, and when I asked why Apple updates don't have the same issue...well I got "we don't understand how Apple do that"

Of course, based on the names I was speaking to script readers in India - who provide as much customer support as my non-IT family.

Great support Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines