• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creative Cloud not running -AGAIN

Explorer ,
Feb 06, 2017 Feb 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to run creative cloud, Indesign and Photoshop on a MacBook Pro with Sierra OS.

Over the last six months or so CC suddenly stops working, the icon disappears from the menu bar and activity monitor shows that it is not responding. When this happens Indesign and Photoshop will not open; they start to run but crash before the welcome screen goes and an AIGPU.sniffer file appears on the dock - both then have to be 'force quit.'

Here's the steps I've tried it get it working again (in no particular order,)

1. Deleted OOBE folders, preferences, update manager folders, cache files (manually and using holding ctrl,alt,cmd,shift on indesign load.)

2. Used adobe cleaner tool to remove files and older installations

3. Made sure my OS is up to date and downloaded the latest versions of CC, InD and PS

5. Checked the permissions for all adobe folders

5. Tries filling with installations as the root user, or setting up a new admin account

6. Uninstalled all three programs and tried to reinstall

7. Spent many hours with online support while they do all of the above with no success

8. Spent hours trawling forums for possible solutions

NONE OF THIS HAS WORKED AND I'M JUST A BIT FRUSTRATED

Generally what happens is this:

The program stops working, I spend hours or days repeatedly trying all the possible solutions I can find, none of which work. Then, seemingly at random, CC decides it wants to work again (often though, if I shut the computer down, the next time I turn it on it stops working again; so I have to keep my Mac running permanently.) When I have contacted support, they have done various things listed above, and the program might suddenly work - but as soon as I restart the computer it all stops again.

When CC stops working and I try to uninstall/re-install, I find that the installers will now not run either, so I'm stuck with none of the programs I'm paying for on my Mac. Eventually, after trying various combinations of the above steps, I manage to persuade CC to download - but it still won't run and nor will the InD or PS installers. I have found that CC will run in safe mode however.

So I have been paying for programs which work only intermittently, suddenly stop working when they feel like it (often when I've been using them only minutes before,) and Adobe have no clue (and seemingly no interest) in sorting out.

What has made me even angrier is that I received an email saying 'we hope you're enjoying our world class programs,' and by the way, we're putting our prices up. I telephoned to complain, and admittedly was given 2 months credit on my account, but then they wanted to mark me down as a 'happy customer!!!!!'

It is clear from the number of people complaining of similar problems, and the speed at which I was given a credit, that Adobe is aware of these issues and have done nothing about it. I'm fed up paying for software that does not do what it says it will. If there was a viable alternative then I'd use that - but then maybe that's why adobe don't care.

Does anyone have a solution to this problem which actually works??

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Feb 07, 2017 Feb 07, 2017

I have now fixed the problem.

I went to system preferences; energy saver and unticked the 'automatic graphics switching'

Hey presto, everything works - CC, PS 2015, PS 2017, InD 2015, InD 2017

So I assume that, being an older MacBook Pro, the system was unable to cope with switching between the increased needs of the programs when they called for more processing power. Strange how it managed to sometimes though.

If you've tried everything else, like I had - try this!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if these problems start after no particular change that you make, look for av, antimalware, antiadware that might be removing files breaking your installation.

to reinstall:

uninstall everything cc including preferences using the uninstallers in your applications folder

then uninstall the cc desktop app, https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-creative-cloud-desktop-app.html

clean your computer of cc files per http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/cscleanertool.html

restart your computer (don't skip this)

reinstall the cc desktop app, https://creative.adobe.com/products/creative-cloud.

use the desktop app to install your cc programs/trials

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply, but I can find no software like you have listed on my Mac.

I've done all of the reinstall steps you say and more, it doesn't work - hence why I'm so frustrated with the programs.

Any other ideas? Does the fact it runs in safe mode give any clues?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes.

if it runs in safe mode it confirms there's some software on your computer causing the problem.  you can use your activity monitor to judiciously shutdown programs and test cc to pinpoint the offending software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok, I've tried using activity monitor to quit processes - but most of them just seem to restart themselves anyway. Can't find anything that has an effect on CC. I've also uninstalled as many applications from the computer and restarted.

Will keep trying, but any more advice would be helpful

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you can ask adobe support to remote into your computer and check for you.

using a browser that allows popups and cookies,  contact adobe support during pst business hours by clicking here and, when available, click 'still need help', http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/service-ccm.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What a joke., Adobe support just did everything I had already tried. Strangely enough it didn't work After more than an hour, the support advisor says he will have escalate and it will take 2-3 days to receive a reply. When I said this was unacceptable as I had already been without the software for 2 days (this time,) he just quit the chat.

Appalling customer service

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

after starting in safe mode check your activity monitor and note what's running.

all those programs have to run.

restart in regular mode.  you should be able to terminate all the processes not noted above.  anything you can't terminate that's not running in safe mode would be especially suspicious.  (eg, if you don't have any av program that's up-to-date, scan your computer for virues and malware.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a solution for this? This is really blocking my usage of Adobe Acrobat pro.. since i uninstall already now i dont have a way to install. .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 07, 2017 Feb 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So it appears that CC, InD 2015, 2017, PS 2015, 2017 just won't run under Mac OS Sierra - I have just formatted my hard drive and done a fresh install of Sierra. Nothing else has been installed and these programs still will not run.

Conclusion: the process stopping CC from running is in Sierra itself

So what do I do now? Any way to roll back OS to a previous one - mountain lion, El Capitan etc?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

cc 2017 works with sierra for me and the overwhelming majority of users.

using a browser that allows popups and cookies,  contact adobe support during pst business hours by clicking here and, when available, click 'still need help', http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/service-ccm.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have done all of that - I've spent 5 hours today alone online with adobe support, with a supervisor on the phone at the same time. He tried everything that has been tried before and eventually decide it must be an issue with the Mac / apple and I should re-install to remove any offending software that must be causing the problem, and also talk to apple

Therefore I formatted my hard drive and did a fresh install of Sierra. I installed PS and InD - there were no previous cache/ library/ preference/ anything else adobe on the Mac, as I had formatted the hard drive!

There can be nothing else apart from Sierra causing the problem as there is nothing else on the computer....... so if you don't think it's a problem with Sierra, what else do you suggest it is?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i don't think it's possible to have a hardware problem causing the issue, but make sure you have a compatible computer,

Supported machines

iMac 4K

iMac 5K

MacBook Pro Retina

Mac Pro connected to a HiDPI monitor

Mac mini connected to a HiDPI monitor

from System requirements for Adobe InDesign CC for Mac and Windows OS

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this is what it says my Mac has:

Processor2.53GHz Intel Core i5
L3 cache3MB shared
Memory4GB (two 2GB SO-DIMMs) of 1066MHz DDR3 SDRAM; supports up to 8GB
Hard drive6500GB Serial ATA; 5400 rpm
Slot-loading optical drive8x SuperDrive (DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW)
GraphicsIntel HD Graphics5 and NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M with automatic graphics switching
Graphics memory512MB GDDR3
VideoiSight camera; Mini DisplayPort output port with support for DVI, VGA, dual-link DVI, and HDMI (requires adapters, sold separately)
Display17-inch (diagonal) high-resolution LED-backlit glossy widescreen display, 1920-by-1200 resolution

The support supervisor checked the processor etc when he had control of my Mac

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

....and I've tried running Indesign 2015, 2017, PS 2015, 2017 (I also at one point tried 2014 and CS6) The problem remains the same - and I know CC ran for the first year or so that I've had it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Richarde64912406 if you installed no other software or plug-ins, and are still experiencing random crashes, after a clean install of the OS then I would recommend having the computers hardware tested.  Adobe applications can be taxing enough to cause hardware defects to cause crashes but the system may seem stable when it is not being utilized as heavily.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well I can't use the apple hardware tester as it doesn't run when I hold 'd' when restarting, or cmd-d either. So presumably I'd need the original start up disks, but I no longer have those....so guess I can't do anything about that.

Any suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Richarde64912406 you are on the right path.  I would recommend contacting your local Apple Store to see if they have any recommendations for utilities that can stress test the hardware of the computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have now fixed the problem.

I went to system preferences; energy saver and unticked the 'automatic graphics switching'

Hey presto, everything works - CC, PS 2015, PS 2017, InD 2015, InD 2017

So I assume that, being an older MacBook Pro, the system was unable to cope with switching between the increased needs of the programs when they called for more processing power. Strange how it managed to sometimes though.

If you've tried everything else, like I had - try this!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 16, 2017 Mar 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"unable to cope with switching between the increased needs of the programs when they called for more processing power. "

When you say you went to system preferences, energy saver, within indesign preferences of mac preferences?

I'm also working from a 2012 macbook pro, and want to see if this will help me with indesign crashing.

Many thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

those settings are in mac preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I looked for this, but the only thing which comes up under 'energy saver' is this

Screen Shot 2017-03-16 at 18.11.37.pngScreen Shot 2017-03-16 at 18.11.40.png

Did a search on spotlight, and it only showed this. Searched for 'automatic graphics switching' and it pushes me to a link, which again, is giving instructions for items which don't appear on my macbook pro.

Am I doing something wrong?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

you won't see the option unless you have more than 1 graphics system, Set graphics performance on MacBook Pro - Apple Support

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines