• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creative Cloud Trial: Error 201. I've tried everything!

New Here ,
Jan 24, 2017 Jan 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

With no internet issues the Creative Cloud trial still isn't finishing the download and install process. I get through to the install pop up and it stops with the error code almost as soon as it starts. I've tried all the steps suggested by Adobe and still the error 201 message still comes up: "There seems to be a problem with the download process". What can I do!? I hoped to chat directly to an Adobe representative but apparently they don't offer support for Creative Cloud issues... why!

Clarification on my steps to check internet connection:

• I've been on the phone to my internet provider and i'm on my new month of data allowance.
  • I have a really good download speed checked by running a speed test.
  • I keep my PC (bought 1 yr ago) connected directly to the modem.

I've installed a heap of other large programs (Revit, Sketchup, AutoCAD) recently too and I didn't have any issues there.

I tried to download it onto my high performance laptop but received the same error message.

Thanks in advance for your help.

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 25, 2017 Jan 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you installing Creative Cloud desktop or an app from the apps tab? The error relates to your connection.

Did you pause the download and re-start?

Was the internet connection interrupted?

If using Wifi try a wire connection or try a different cable.

https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/desktop-app.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

99Jon,

I keep my desktop connected directly to the modem - so no, not using WI Fi while downloading it.

I'm downloading the creative cloud trial which I assume is the proper file because I never saw anything written about an app and I never went to an apps tab.

I didn't pause the download. I clicked to download the trial, it loaded to a page asking what I want to use the program for etc, then it downloaded a file to my downloads from which I clicked and it to start the install and the install box came up and loaded for a couple of seconds before having the error message come up.

I have no idea what else to do to fix my connection as I already did everything suggested and spoke to my provider.

Any other suggestions ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use the link I provided to install CC desktop.

You then go to the Apps tab to install individual trials e.g. Photoshop, Illustrator etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK thanks. I'll try that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 26, 2017 Jan 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving the discussion to Creative Cloud Download & Install​

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 08, 2017 Feb 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi 99Jon,

I'm still having the same error code when i try to download an individual app trial through the link you provided... At least now the Installer stopped signing me out automatically after signing in.

But what the heck! All I want to do is be able to chat directly to support about this but i can't because my problem doesn't fall under their contact options.

Please, if you have any other suggestions please let me know. I have never had issues with downloading any adobe programs in the past so i'm kinda assuming now that it's just their installer or any recent updates that's the issue...

I'm starting uni soon and i'll need to have access to these adobe programs...

Sorry for the rant. I'm so annoyed about all this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 09, 2017 Feb 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Adobe support is available for CC apps but not for trials.

Try the direct downloads from the  link below.

Remember that trials last only 7 days once commenced.

Download Creative Cloud apps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines