• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creative cloud wants to make changes

Explorer ,
Mar 13, 2014 Mar 13, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get an annoying popup that tells me "Creative Cloud wants to make changes" and asks for my CC password. But when I enter the password it won't accept it. But if I press CANCEL, the popup returns in five seconds. I know the password is correct because I can log into CC and also my adobe account.

I thought maybe it was a virus, but if so, it has infected both my work and home Macs. The only way to rid myself of this popup (which sits on top of everything) is to quit creative cloud. I have asked Adobe for help but they've shrugged their shoulders.

Anyone else had this issue?

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 13, 2014 Mar 13, 2014

Hi Gary,

This screen is asking for your Computer Password to make the necessary changes. It's Mac mechanism to authenticate whether you are the Admin user or not.

Please enter your Mac password to complete the changes.

Regards,

Abhijit

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Mar 11, 2015 Mar 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have this issue, trying both the mac password and the cc password, neither does anything. NAGWARE

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Mar 28, 2014 Mar 28, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Abhijit Kr. wrote:

...Our Engineers are making it more stable by providing bug fixes so the users don't face any issues. The prompt is asking you to complete the changes it has made in the application. If you decline then it will revert the changes and will again ask whenever you launches the app...

This is incorrect. Whenever I quit the app and relaunch, it never comes back. It only appears when I restart the machine. There is no need to check my Admin rights as I'm the only one using this computer and not connected to a network. It's apparent by your bureaucratic answers that you really don't know what's going on and have no desire to rectify the issue.

This is not a different issue from the security breach. We have valid concern that this is a bug or hack; given your lack of answers, no documentation of the fixes or stability issues, and giving instruction to "launch Activity Monitor and check which process is utilising the most of your Memory and Processor" and "try creating a new Admin account and check whether it is doing the same thing" to two different users.

If, indeed, this is your version of "more stable", then Adobe has epically failed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 28, 2014 Mar 28, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Several Mac users in my department started experiencing the "Creative Cloud wants to make changes" pop up. We do not administer our accounts and must put in a call to a help desk and then wait for them to enter the admin password. This is happening after every restart. This problem started for us after the last Creative Cloud update. This is causing a MAJOR workflow problem!

I rebooted because, as others have noted, InDesign slows down to a crawl. I can't work at a crawl and I can't work with the pop-up every 5 seconds. I'm not even using InDesign CC because we are unable to use it with our DAM at this time. I'm using InDesign CS6.

Adobe, you need to post a fix or push one out, quick, fast, and in a hurry!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 29, 2014 Mar 29, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've gotten this message every time I boot up or restart my Mac since the last Creative Cloud software update I did  a few days ago. It never happened before this last update.

It's a novel change from the AI2EI error I would get whenever the Creative Cloud software gets an update, another phemomenon that persists despite following Adobe's and other Adobe forum users' instructions about how to resolve it. Luckily, neither of these interfere with my use of the Creative Cloud applications like Photoshop, InDesign, etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 31, 2014 Mar 31, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too am having this problem. It happens every day at work. I am not an administrator on my computer, so I have to wait until our IT guy has time to come over to my desk to authenticate. It's incredibly annoying because it keeps happening with no apparent reason. I have an idea, Adobe, why don't you tell me exactly what you need done instead of a vague "Creative Cloud wants to make changes" prompt? That's how you can really help with security.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One of our users reported today that the problem was overcome by clearing the user cache in Mac. Can you try and let us know if it works for you?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Larry Auerbach wrote:

Do you mean these user caches?

http://osxdaily.com/2011/12/08/delete-user-caches-in-mac-os-x/

Yes. I rebooted a few times since then, and the problem hasn’t occured again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rootside, thanks. I'll try this and see if it works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To be more precise:

I went to my user accounts’ Library folder and deleted everything in the Caches folder (not the Caches folder itself!), then rebooted the Mac. You can find detailed instructions on the web if you’re not sure.

As for the possible causes, there was a recent update to InDesign, and I also recently connected my Typekit account to Creative Cloud. I can’t tell if either of these caused the problem – perhaps it’s a clue.

£47/month, guys. I expect better.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope. Didn't work for me. Still pops up.

Preran wrote:

One of our users reported today that the problem was overcome by clearing the user cache in Mac. Can you try and let us know if it works for you?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 01, 2014 Apr 01, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Larry/dSparks,

Can we have a quick connect session to see what is happening on you machine. Could you please drop am an email on vitalwar@adobe.com with your time preference . 

Thanks

Vikas Talwar  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 02, 2014 Apr 02, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have been dealing with this annoying piece of nagware for the past week, the solutions that have been offered by some of the users here, unfortunately are not helpful in my situation. Adobe, you have as yet not address this issue and I would like to know at what point you intend to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Apr 04, 2014 Apr 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, All,

Just wanted to add my two cents worth.  I'm experiencing the same password sign in requirement every time I restart my Mac.  I also had repeated sign in requests for InDesignCC, PhotoshopCC, IllustratorCC, etc., after the latest updates, but that seems to have stopped.

I recently installed another Cloud service through my website service provider, (Adobe Cloud is very temperamental and doesn't work 95% of the time) and the "Adobe Creative Cloud wants to make changes -- type your password to allow this" box started appearing upon computer start up immediately after that new Cloud installation.  I thought that the new Cloud service might be causing some conflict with Adobe, because they are both active, but there were numerous updates from Adobe about the same time, so I'm not sure what's to blame.  You folks don't seem to have these issues.  It would be great not to have to sign in every morning!

Small Town Gal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 05, 2014 Apr 05, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I typed in my password but it doesn't go away, especially once you reboot. I also tried the library cache suggestion, without success. If you cancel the request for your password (takes a few times) and shut down Creative Cloud, you can reopen CC without getting the request. My guess? It's something in the last InDesign update. I haven't updated it on my second computer and I'm not having any problems. Is anyone at Adobe trying to address this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 06, 2014 Apr 06, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

catker, you might be right about the latest InDesign update. My Mac's /Library/Logs/Adobe/Installers/Adobe InDesign 9.2.1 log file tells me that I Installed the InDesign update on 3/25/14, which is around the time I started seeing Creative Cloud requesting my password everytime I booted up. I've recently opened the Mac's Console utility and watched it as I enter the password when Creative Cloud asks for it. What I see is this:

Apr  6 15:53:18 Larrys-Mac-Pro authexec[406]: executing /Applications/Utilities/Adobe Creative Cloud/CoreExt/../Utils/Creative Cloud Helper

Apr  6 15:53:18 Larrys-Mac-Pro ReportCrash[410]: DebugSymbols was unable to start a spotlight query: spotlight is not responding or disabled.

Apr  6 15:53:20 Larrys-Mac-Pro ReportCrash[410]: Saved crash report for ExManEscalatedPrivilegeServer[409] version 7.1.2.17 (7.1.2.17) to /Library/Logs/DiagnosticReports/ExManEscalatedPrivilegeServer_2014-04-06-155320_localhost.crash

Apr  6 15:53:24 Larrys-Mac-Pro Core Sync[267]: setting security information: Operation not permitted

Apr  6 15:53:24 Larrys-Mac-Pro Core Sync[267]: open on /Library/Application Support/Adobe/InDesign/Version 9.0/en_US/Extensions/REMOVED_CC/idcc_Alignment Panel.mxi: File exists

Apr  6 15:53:25 Larrys-Mac-Pro ReportCrash[410]: Saved crash report for ExManEscalatedPrivilegeServer[412] version 7.1.2.17 (7.1.2.17) to /Library/Logs/DiagnosticReports/ExManEscalatedPrivilegeServer_2014-04-06-155325_localhost.crash

Apr  6 15:53:25 Larrys-Mac-Pro ReportCrash[410]: Removing excessive log: file://localhost/Library/Logs/DiagnosticReports/ExManEscalatedPrivilegeServer_2014-04-05-211712_localhost.crash

Apr  6 15:53:30 Larrys-Mac-Pro Core Sync[267]: setting security information: Operation not permitted

Apr  6 15:53:30 Larrys-Mac-Pro Core Sync[267]: open on /Library/Application Support/Adobe/InDesign/Version 9.0/en_US/Extensions/REMOVED_CC/idcc_Article Panel.mxi: File exists

Apr  6 15:53:31 Larrys-Mac-Pro ReportCrash[410]: Saved crash report for ExManEscalatedPrivilegeServer[417] version 7.1.2.17 (7.1.2.17) to /Library/Logs/DiagnosticReports/ExManEscalatedPrivilegeServer_2014-04-06-155331_localhost.crash

Apr  6 15:53:31 Larrys-Mac-Pro ReportCrash[410]: Removing excessive log: file://localhost/Library/Logs/DiagnosticReports/ExManEscalatedPrivilegeServer_2014-04-05-211718_localhost.crash

Apr  6 15:53:36 Larrys-Mac-Pro Core Sync[267]: setting security information: Operation not permitted

Apr  6 15:53:36 Larrys-Mac-Pro Core Sync[267]: open on /Library/Application Support/Adobe/InDesign/Version 9.0/en_US/Extensions/REMOVED_CC/idcc_Asset Library Panel.mxi: File exists

Apr  6 15:53:37 Larrys-Mac-Pro ReportCrash[410]: Saved crash report for ExManEscalatedPrivilegeServer[419] version 7.1.2.17 (7.1.2.17) to /Library/Logs/DiagnosticReports/ExManEscalatedPrivilegeServer_2014-04-06-155337_localhost.crash

Apr  6 15:53:37 Larrys-Mac-Pro ReportCrash[410]: Removing excessive log: file://localhost/Library/Logs/DiagnosticReports/ExManEscalatedPrivilegeServer_2014-04-05-211725_localhost.crash

Apr  6 15:53:42 Larrys-Mac-Pro Core Sync[267]: setting security information: Operation not permitted

Apr  6 15:53:42 Larrys-Mac-Pro Core Sync[267]: open on /Library/Application Support/Adobe/InDesign/Version 9.0/en_US/Extensions/REMOVED_CC/idcc_Asset PubLibrary.mxi: File exists

Apr  6 15:53:43 Larrys-Mac-Pro ReportCrash[410]: Saved crash report for ExManEscalatedPrivilegeServer[423] version 7.1.2.17 (7.1.2.17) to /Library/Logs/DiagnosticReports/ExManEscalatedPrivilegeServer_2014-04-06-155343_localhost.crash

Apr  6 15:53:43 Larrys-Mac-Pro ReportCrash[410]: Removing excessive log: file://localhost/Library/Logs/DiagnosticReports/ExManEscalatedPrivilegeServer_2014-04-05-211731_localhost.crash

Apr  6 15:53:48 Larrys-Mac-Pro Core Sync[267]: setting security information: Operation not permitted

Apr  6 15:53:48 Larrys-Mac-Pro Core Sync[267]: open on /Library/Application Support/Adobe/InDesign/Version 9.0/en_US/Extensions/REMOVED_CC/idcc_Assignment UI.mxi: File exists

Apr  6 15:53:50 Larrys-Mac-Pro ReportCrash[410]: Saved crash report for ExManEscalatedPrivilegeServer[425] version 7.1.2.17 (7.1.2.17) to /Library/Logs/DiagnosticReports/ExManEscalatedPrivilegeServer_2014-04-06-155350_localhost.crash

Apr  6 15:53:50 Larrys-Mac-Pro ReportCrash[410]: Removing excessive log: file://localhost/Library/Logs/DiagnosticReports/ExManEscalatedPrivilegeServer_2014-04-05-211737_localhost.crash

Apr  6 15:53:55 Larrys-Mac-Pro Core Sync[267]: setting security information: Operation not permitted

Apr  6 15:53:55 Larrys-Mac-Pro Core Sync[267]: open on /Library/Application Support/Adobe/InDesign/Version 9.0/en_US/Extensions/REMOVED_CC/idcc_BNUI.mxi: File exists

Apr  6 15:53:56 Larrys-Mac-Pro ReportCrash[410]: Saved crash report for ExManEscalatedPrivilegeServer[427] version 7.1.2.17 (7.1.2.17) to /Library/Logs/DiagnosticReports/ExManEscalatedPrivilegeServer_2014-04-06-155356_localhost.crash

Apr  6 15:53:56 Larrys-Mac-Pro ReportCrash[410]: Removing excessive log: file://localhost/Library/Logs/DiagnosticReports/ExManEscalatedPrivilegeServer_2014-04-05-211743_localhost.crash

Apr  6 15:54:01 Larrys-Mac-Pro Core Sync[267]: setting security information: Operation not permitted

Apr  6 15:54:01 Larrys-Mac-Pro Core Sync[267]: open on /Library/Application Support/Adobe/InDesign/Version 9.0/en_US/Extensions/REMOVED_CC/idcc_Book Panel.mxi: File exists

Apr  6 15:54:02 Larrys-Mac-Pro ReportCrash[410]: Saved crash report for ExManEscalatedPrivilegeServer[430] version 7.1.2.17 (7.1.2.17) to /Library/Logs/DiagnosticReports/ExManEscalatedPrivilegeServer_2014-04-06-155402_localhost.crash

Apr  6 15:54:02 Larrys-Mac-Pro ReportCrash[410]: Removing excessive log: file://localhost/Library/Logs/DiagnosticReports/ExManEscalatedPrivilegeServer_2014-04-05-211749_localhost.crash

Apr  6 15:54:07 Larrys-Mac-Pro Core Sync[267]: setting security information: Operation not permitted

Apr  6 15:54:07 Larrys-Mac-Pro Core Sync[267]: open on /Library/Application Support/Adobe/InDesign/Version 9.0/en_US/Extensions/REMOVED_CC/idcc_Bookmark Panel.mxi: File exists

As you can see, there are lots of crashes of a process called ExManEscalatedPrivilegeServer, whose crash reports tell me that its parent process is Creative Cloud Helper:

Process:         ExManEscalatedPrivilegeServer [786]

Path:            /Applications/Utilities/Adobe Creative Cloud/*/ExManEscalatedPrivilegeServer

Identifier:      ExManEscalatedPrivilegeServer

Version:         7.1.2.17 (7.1.2.17)

Code Type:       X86-64 (Native)

Parent Process:  Creative Cloud Helper [406]

and also lots of repeated references to Adobe Extension Manager .mxi files in the folder /Library/Application Support/Adobe/InDesign/Version 9.0/en_US/Extensions/REMOVED_CC/, which I'm guessing are components of InDesign replaced by the latest InDesign CC updater.

I don't really know what any of this means, other than I see it happening every time I've opened Console after I've booted up and Creative Cloud requests my password, and repeated references to ExManEscalatedPrivilegeServer and old pieces of InDesign tucked away in the /Library/Application Support/Adobe/InDesign/Version 9.0/en_US/Extensions/REMOVED_CC/ folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 10, 2014 Apr 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue has just started for me today. This morning I updated 7 apps and now ANYTIME that CC is running I get prompted to login as admin to make changes.

I am using Adobe CC Team on Mavericks and do not have admin rights on this machine, so it requires opening a ticket with IT and waiting for them to enter the ID/password for me.

This is really drustrating because the dialog box sits on top of all other windows and anytime I dismiss it, it reappears in 30 seconds or so.

P.S.

I cleared out all of the user caches I that I could without admin rights. The only thing left in the cache folder with adobe in the name is "com.adobe.air.ApplicationInstaller".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, All,

The issue still remains here, too, even with the latest updates of last week.  It really sloooooooowwwwws everything down and pretty much locks everything else up while it's making its changes...can't even get mail to work...a real pain in the neck!

Small Town Gal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have finally got mine to stop. I went with the suggestion of clearing out my user cache (~/Library/Caches).

At first, I just cleared out anything that had to do with Adobe but no luck. I had to empty the ENTIRE folder. Then, restarted, and when the pop up showed, I finally entered the password with the reasoning that if there are any security issues from this, I'll just hold Adobe liable noting that I copied this entire thread and the responses from the staff. It never showed again.

I work from home and I'm my own admin. I also pride myself on my speedy turnarounds and this was killing me. In this industry nowadays, speed is everything!

My biggest gripe of this whole thing is the lack of communication from Adobe. Even a short email, explaining what was happening and why, would have calmed a lot of anxiety. Just having this pop up out of nowhere with no explanation and nothing from Creative Cloud itself, raises all kinds of alarms. Especially due to all the security issues companies have been having lately. And, of course, we have a new one with the Heartbleed...so much for the safety of the "cloud".

Adobe, please, please, PLEASE get your act together and at least communicate with us.

Just put up something on a newsfeed/email/blog/forum/facebook/twitter/etc. that says something like:

"We're rolling out a new code today for stability. You will see a dialog on your computer asking for your password so that CC can have access to make changes. Don't freak out. It's legitimate. Please enter your password for access. If you have problems, clear out your user cache and try again. If you still encounter this dialog, please contact support. For more information on this change, please read here."

Is that so f**king hard?? With all of the forms of communication available, and the ease of use, in this social media, digital age, your customer relation/communication skills suck @$$...except when you try to sell us something.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 16, 2014 Apr 16, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using CC on a 2007 Mac Pro with Lion and I am also getting this message EVERYDAY. What in the world is creative cloud needing to change on my sytem everyday? I'm guessing it's nothing at this point. (Or at least I hope it's nothing.) This is getting to be annoying.

Deleteing the cache seems to be a last resort slash and burn fix, I'd rather not lose the settings on all my programs thank you very much. It's easier to enter the password each day then to try and reset all my settings on every freaking progam.

Even though this is just an annoying problem, it does have me concerned as I'll never know if/when CC is really trying making a change or not or if it is some hacker looking to impress his minions by exploiting a simple bug.

So I'm adding another name to the issue in the hopes that Adobe will fix it soon, the squeeky wheel gets the grease and all that. With the big push to CC coming June 1 you'd think they'd want to fix stupid bugs like this first... just sayin.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Apr 16, 2014 Apr 16, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Deon,

I'm with you in not wanting to clear out my cache -- I'd rather suffer with the password every morning and wait for Adobe to make the corrections in an update. This morning Adobe worked for at least ten to fifteen minutes on whatever changes its making (why it has to do this every morning is the question) and froze up Mail, Safari, and just about every other program I was trying to use!  I gave up and did other work away from the computer until it finished -- there's nothing else you can do anyway!

There is hope, however.  I waited for several months for a SpeedGrade update that wouldn't finish, and the last one seems to have solved that problem...so I'm hoping the next CC update with get rid of the bug.

Hope it gets fixed soon!

Small Town Gal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 21, 2014 Apr 21, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's April 21 and I've been have this problem since allowing Creative Cloud to update last week. Of course, at that time I got the code, that many others have been getting for a year or more, which requires me to uninstall and then reinstall the Creative Cloud application on my computer. That is always a pain to have to stop and do that for updates, so I wait until everything wants to be updated.

So, last week I updated and now I have this annoyance - BUT beyond the annoyance, like many others I do not like that I do not know the purpose of giving my password to Creative Cloud everytime I start up so it can do whatever it likes.

Maybe I've watched too many science fiction movies or read too many of the science fiction books, or maybe this tech world is making us all a bit paranoid - like having a man-eating tiger waiting outside the door.... but for as much money as I pay every month and as much money as I have spent with Adobe for many, many years, I'd like to think they would have have more respect for their "customer" and would at least get someone to respond intelligently. Adobe, most of us are pretty savy about the software we use and the computers (or devises) we work on everyday - we are not children... and when this many of us, or even a few, have an issue with software that has access to our computers on a daily basis you should respond that you see a problem and are working to correct it. This is not the same as a bug that software may have had before this Cloud stuff - then we installed from a CD and it either worked or didn't, and you'd send out a fix or update every now and again which we (the customer) would decide to install or not  - now, YOU have constant access to OUR computers - and that makes it very different.

Just my opinion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 22, 2014 Apr 22, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here we are 12 days after my first post. I have spent every mornings manually quiting the CC application immediately after startup and then hitting cancel on the "Create Cloud wants to make..." dialog box.

This morning I cleared out "~/Library/Caches" completely and ran the CC updater where it installed 4 updates. But as soon as I restarted the machine the "Create Cloud wants to make changes. Type an administrator's name and password to allow this." dialog box pops back up. <sigh>

Back to quiting the CC app and hitting cancel everytime I start-up the machine. I has a sad.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 30, 2014 Apr 30, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm going through this at every restart. I don't want to empty my cache and lose my settings as I do a lot of work in various apps so is there nay other colution yet?

It's a hassle to sign in TWICE each time you turn on the computer simply because Adobe requires it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Apr 30, 2014 Apr 30, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Design Gal,

Sorry to report the same old same old -- no solutions yet from Adobe.  Sign in required every time computer is started up after shut down.  We'll just have to wait to see how Adobe handles it, but it really is a big pain.

Small Town Gal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines