• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creative Cloud Will Not Show App Tab on my Mac

Community Beginner ,
Jul 13, 2018 Jul 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are tons on threads on this issue, and I have followed every single one with no success.  When I try to find a phone number for Adobe to contact them, I have to go through their support center which fails to give me any real options for my problem.  Is there someone, somewhere who can give me a phone number to call so that they can fix this problem as if I have to waste much more than the three hours I have already wasted I am just going to challenge the charges on my credit card.  Why is Adobe always so difficult.

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At the bottom of the customer care page is an option to chat with a live person. Contact Customer Care

In the mean time you can post a screen capture of what your Creative Cloud app looks like on your Mac, and maybe someone here can help you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are tons on threads on this issue, and I have followed every single one with no success.

Have you tried this Adobe article on the issue?

Apps tab missing from the Creative Cloud desktop app

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 14, 2018 Jul 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you all.  Yes, I did try the solution but I do not have the serviceconfig.xml file nor the Configs folder on my macbook.  I found others with that problem, tried the proposed solutions for that, and that also did not fix it.  The problem is that I cannot update the apps, Photoshop and Lightroom with the Creative Cloud app not having an Apps tab.

As to the chat button on the bottom of the support page, you have to go through the support tree to get there and then they do not offer a chance to chat with anyone about the Creative Cloud app as opposed to the other apps so that, unfortuantely, does not work either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Creative Cloud 2018-07-14 05-31-19.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe 2018-07-14 05-32-17.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the full path to the OOBE folder you have shown?

Is it /Library/Application Support/Adobe/OOBE?

Looks like you’ve navigated to \Users\[user name]\AppData\Local\Adobe\OOBE

rather than the OOBE folder via the hidden Library path

Access hidden Mac OS library files

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Compare and contrast:

Finder, Command+G: go to /Library/Application Support/Adobe/OOBE

Finder, Command+G: go to ~/Library/Application Support/Adobe/OOBE

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As you can see from the posts above, there is no apps tab and no Configs folder that would have the serviceconfig.xml file.  I tried adding a folder and the file but that did not work either

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you all again for you help.

There is no AppData folder on my mac.

There are two library locations, /Library/Application Support/Adobe/OOBE and Users/[user name]/Library/Application Support/Adobe/OOBE.  The one I posted the screenshot of is that latter, but neither of them have a Configs folder and neither of them have the serviceconfig.xml file.  I created both the folder and the file in both locations, but that had no effect.  I have also removed every adobe product, ran the cleaners, rebooted, reinstalled and still have the same problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 15, 2018 Jul 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have installed creative cloud and lightroom on a pc and I am having the same problem. I have the photography subscription so I am not sure what the problem is.  Wish someone from Adobe would respond.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is really interesting. Are you saying that the PC behaves the same as the Mac? That makes me wonder what kind of subscription you have. Some enterprise or education subscriptions don't include all of the services that individual subscriptions have. Where or how did you purchase your Photography plan? Which Photography plan did you purchase? One of the Photography Plans only includes Lightroom CC, the cloud version, not Photoshop and Lightroom Classic. Is it possible you purchased that subscription?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Capture.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just spent about an hour in a chat with Adobe, after a 30 minute wait, the tech tried everything that I already tried and none of it worked.  He then had me reboot and I have now been disconnected and have to start all over again.  Adobe continues to be very frustrating to deal with.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has to be very frustrating for you. I'm sorry I haven't been able to help. It does like you have the correct subscription. It's just very odd that the same problem is happing on both Mac and PC. That makes it sound like a problem with your account.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another 30 minute wait, then another two hours with a second tech and still no fix.  I explained to them that the problem seems to be effecting my account, but they continue to try to fix the software on my machine.  Oh well - thank you so much for your time and efforts

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi cbro12,

Sorry about your problem. Sent you a personal message, please respond to that.

Thanks

Rohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 15, 2019 Mar 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am having exactly the same problem as the OP in this thread, except for trying to install the software on a PC (which I don't have). Was the problem solved in the end? It's very frustrating being told in Lightroom that I need to update the software and being unable to do so.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines