• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

creative cloud won't launch

Community Beginner ,
Aug 21, 2013 Aug 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have now spent over 10 hours on the phone trying sort my problem out.  I have had 3 people from Adobe take control of my screen and still no solution.  They keep promising to call me back but no one ever does, I guess when they have your subscription that's where the support ends. 

Basically I downloded CC app onto both my MacBook Pro and iMAc at different location home and office and downloaded a couple of apps Photoshop, Lightroom and Muse on Saturday on both computers no problem..  The little cloud icon was in the top tool bar and even had a few updates to download on the Sunday. However on Monday this icon has disappeared and Creative Cloud won't launch and I cannot download any apps.  They have tried allsorts, taking control of my screen 3 times, deleting stuff, repairing permissions, installer creative cloud cleaner etc etc and still nothing.  They asked me to send 30 odd log files to them yesterday to <E-mail address removed by Moderator> attention of somebody  called Sunit.

Have just called the tech support number as nobody has called me back.  Guess what, the log files they asked me to send which i did twice have been lost so now they want be to subit system info (again) just uploaded and 1236 page pdf.  They also wanted log files from the /tmp folder but unfortunately they aren't there as somebody from Adobe deleted them yesterday afternoon. What a shambles!  I have now not been able to work fro 3 days but apparently they appreciate my patience.  My pateience is rapidly running out.  Is there anyone out there from adobe who can help me please.  Adobe convinced me not to buy Creative Suite 6 (upgrade from Creative Suite 5) but go for Creative Cloud instead, now you have my money nobdy seems to be able to help.  Meanwhile my business is going down the tubes. 

I have just been told now after being on the phone nearly an hour that it will be escaletd again and someone will call me back in 48 hours.  What a joke....I have already been promised 3 call backs since Sunday and no one has called me. 

Can somebody from Adobe please help me as tech support appear unwilling to do so

thank you

david

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Sep 09, 2013 Sep 09, 2013

I was having the same problem since the most recent Creative Cloud update about 3 days ago.  CC wouldn't launch on my iMac (running OSX 10.7.5.) at all, nor would it launch from the dock or upon a "reveal in finder" action.

I was able to fix it quite simply as follows:

Go to System Prefs

Click Users and Groups

Click on the lock to access the Admin account and enter the Admin password

Click on  the "Login Items" tab

Click on the box to set a check mark and enable Creative Cloud on LogIn

Click on the loc

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Jul 07, 2015 Jul 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wish I had the answer. My experience is the same as yours.  Creative Cloud will not launch with OS 10.10.4. I have tried Adobe phone tech support and given them control of my screen. I can tell they are clueless and even worse I can barely understand the very bad and broken english. Adobe has the worst software support I have ever experienced. But what they are really good at is taking my money.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 03, 2014 Nov 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

turn off all firewalls and check network administrators setting on the server firewall.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 11, 2015 Jan 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem here.   My creative cloud application launches and terminates instantly on its own

It even kills its processes in the activity monitor.

I have tried the solutions above and they dont work

Any one able to help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 22, 2015 Apr 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not having any luck getting LR CC to launch on my Macbook.  This is the 2nd day I've tried.  I was on the line waiting for tech support for over an hour yesterday and no one ever came online.   None of the suggestions worked for me and some of them were not able to be followed as the choices suggested never appeared on my computer.  I also have been using Adobe products for years.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 24, 2015 Apr 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank You soooo much, Clay 😄 This worked for me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 25, 2015 Apr 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have having the same problem. it does not let me open adobe cc on my mac. it says that it can't be opened because it was not bought from the mac apple store.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is what my friend found and it worked for me

http://kelbyone.com/lightroomcc/lightroomcc-resource-center.php <http://kelbyone.com/lightroomcc/lightroomcc-resource-center.php>

Paulette

<Removed by Moderator>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i tried the thing that clay said to do and it still does not work. i have a project due monday and need to do it today. i payed for the month just for this project and i have never been more unsatisfied with adobe's customer service. i have been trying to fix this for over an hour with no luck and no help from anyone from customer service at adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 11, 2015 May 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well I have the same problem running Win 8.1..Never install a new program until it has been on the market for at least 6 months...I know better..ugh!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 12, 2015 May 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me. I finally got Adobe Technical Support to help with the correct procedure. Read the instructions carefully before attempting:

Step 1 :

Please press Command + Shift + G , in the Go to folder window, type /Library/, hit return.

Once the Library folder open, please search for 'LaunchAgents' folder and 'LaunchDaemons' folder.

Rename LaunchAgents folder to LaunchAgents_old and LaunchDaemons folder to LaunchDaemons_old.

Step 2 :

Under Library folder, create new folders called LaunchAgents and LaunchDaemons (Please make sure to create new folders in the same name mentioned).

Step 3 :

Open LaunchAgents_old folder, move all the files and subfolders under LaunchAgents_old folder to LaunchAgents folder(newly created).

Note : Do not move the Adobe related files and folders from LaunchAgents_old folder to LaunchAgents folder(newly created).

Step 4 :

Open LaunchDaemons_old folder, move all the files and subfolders under LaunchDaemons_old folder to LaunchDaemons folder(newly created).

Note : Do not move the Adobe related files and folders from LaunchDaemons_old folder to LaunchDaemons folder(newly created).

Step 5 :

Restart the system and then try to launch/access Creative Cloud desktop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 15, 2015 May 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a detailed solution for Windows? I'm having the same issue, as the Cloud won't launch.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 25, 2015 May 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This was driving me batty on my home machine. Glenn's post FINALLY did the trick. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 26, 2015 May 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi steve.ferrero

So glad this fix helped you.

The solution to this issue took weeks for Adobe to get back to me on it. But to their credit, they came back with a good solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 04, 2015 Jun 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just wan't to bump this as well as I am trying to find a solution running on Windows.

I got a new computer and after installing my working Cloud I had to restore my computer. Deleted everything that was left and tried to reinstall everything. Since then my Creative Cloud just won't launch. I tried everything. I don't really know what to do anymore.

edit: I'm not sure if it helps. I tried to install it on another user but I get an instant "program has stopped working" message with following details:

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name: BEX

Application Name: Creative Cloud.exe

Application Version: 3.0.1.88

Application Timestamp: 554caead

Fault Module Name: StackHash_5861

Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0

Fault Module Timestamp: 00000000

Exception Offset: PCH_CF_FROM_ntdll+0x0003CA2C

Exception Code: c0000005

Exception Data: 00000008

OS Version: 6.3.9600.2.0.0.256.48

Locale ID: 1031

Additional Information 1: 5861

Additional Information 2: 5861822e1919d7c014bbb064c64908b2

Additional Information 3: a10f

Additional Information 4: a10ff7d2bb2516fdc753f9c34fc3b069

Read our privacy statement online:

http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=280262

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:

C:\WINDOWS\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 26, 2015 Jun 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is another solution in case anybody is interested.

What ended up working for me is turning off the FileVault and Firewall on my Mac (I have OSX Yosemite 10.10.3)

Under  go to System Preferences and click on Security and Privacy. Under Firewall tab click on the switch to turn it off. Then go to FileVault and click on the switch to turn it off. A prompt message will come up saying you have to restart the computer. Click ok and the system will restart. Once you restart note that you don't have to sign in (If you have OSX Yosemite this is an automatic option, I don't believe this was the case with other OSX). Then go to Creative Cloud app and update your software and you're good to go. Then all you have to do is turn on FileVault and the Firewall and that's it.    

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 08, 2015 Jul 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me, thx!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 08, 2015 Jul 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Locking this discussion as it is from 2013.  Several updates have been made to the Adobe Creative Cloud desktop application since this discussion began.  I would recommend reviewing Creative Cloud Help | Creative Cloud desktop app | Release Notes for details regarding changes made with each release.

If you are facing difficulties with the current version of the Creative Cloud desktop app then please post a new discussion to the Creative Cloud Download & Install forum at Creative Cloud Download & Install.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines