• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CreativeCloudSet-Up.exe still installs ONLY on C: drive

Engaged ,
Jul 12, 2013 Jul 12, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, this is a very old problem! Why hasn't this been corrected yet?

In over 20 years, this is still the first and only application I have heard of that does not ask where it should be installed.

Like many people, my c: is a dedicated volume for system files only. Because it is an SSD, space is expensive and limited. I do not want any of the Adobe products on drive C: because it should be unnecessary and wasteful use of expensive space.

Can someone please tell me when this is expected to get fixed?

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jul 12, 2013 Jul 12, 2013

You're throwing the installer through a loop by replicating the folder structure. It's probably some bug where the paths interanlly are handled as relative paths and due to the truncation of the path names it confuses things. Simply call your alternate folder D:\Adobe or something equally simple. Run the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool and try again. And as always: Some components will still be installed on the system root. There is no way around that.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is ABSOLUTELY RIDICULOUS!

Despite changing the default install location in the Creative Cloud software (under Preferences \ Apps \ Install Location) - it is set to D:\Program Files\Adobe

The Creative Cloud software did the following wrong:

- Used up over 1GB of space on C: drive (600 MB in a new folder called C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Illustrator CC)

- Used up over 2GB of space on D: but I have no idea where because there certainly isn't a new Illustrator folder in the location I set in preferences!
  well, except for this: D:\Program Files\Adobe\New folder  ????

BTW, this time, I was only installed Illustrator (other cloud apps also caused me similar problems).

When is this going to get fixed?

I am not the only only who has pointed out this problem!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're throwing the installer through a loop by replicating the folder structure. It's probably some bug where the paths interanlly are handled as relative paths and due to the truncation of the path names it confuses things. Simply call your alternate folder D:\Adobe or something equally simple. Run the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool and try again. And as always: Some components will still be installed on the system root. There is no way around that.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jul 30, 2013 Jul 30, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply Mylenium.

The Adobe CC software is still not installing in a accepted/standard way.

I just installed some of the products on a different computer (using C: drive this time) and two questions come to mind:

1) Why are the program links not placed in a folder (i.e. Adobe CC) like other software?

For example, when I install Microsoft Office, it gets placed/organized into a folder:

C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Microsoft Office 2013\*program name*

Adobe CC products, are all placed in the root of the Start menu.

2) On a 64 bit Windows OS, why are both the 32bit and the 64 bit versions installed?
    For example, I see (in the root of the Start Menu):

Adobe Photoshop CC

Adobe Photoshop CC (64 bit)

And repeated for most of the other CC applications.

>Simply call your alternate folder D:\Adobe or something equally simple.

It is simply not standard practice to NOT automatically default to either Program Files (x86) or Program Files. The installation wizard should automatically default to either location depending on whether it is a 32 bit or 64 bit Windows application. In fact, the Adobe CC installation wizard only works properly IF everything is installed on "C" drive (the default). This is clearly a bug.

>Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool

Thanks for the tool tip. I was unaware of this! 🙂

Best regards,

Shawn

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 01, 2015 Feb 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Adobe replyto my same problem:

Can't cancel membership

created by Jeff A Wright in Adobe Creative Cloud - View the full discussion

BEWARE ADOBE WILL WANT TO CLEAN YOUR BOX OF ALL ADOBE apps to solve the problem:

My reply:

Your offer is NOT accepted. Your position in technical support is NOT the right team to handle my situation and does not have authority that US adobe management has when deciding how best to treat customer issues as mine. Other offers to make me go away have been made by adobe personnel IN THE US, and they are BETTER offers than yours! The only remediation I will accept is the following:

2015_0114

1) First I need a credit for $10.81 for months October, November, and December of 2014... and January of 2015.

2) Second I need my subscription extended at the SAME price for ONE year WHEN I START A NEW SUBSCRIPTION upon new releases of the photography CC bundle. The current one does NOT install correctly on a purpose built computer to handle Video and 3D processing with PS. I will not tolerate adobe and your tech support wanting to delete legacy products that go back to CS3 and newer that I depend on to pay my bills.

Your tech support was worthless in suggesting they wanted to CLEAN my ENTIRE box of ALL ADOBE products. The LEGACY Apps WORK, they are PAID FOR, and thousands of dollars of After Effects, Premiere, and medical scientific plugins for Photoshop would be invalid and not useful without the legacy installed products. I surely am NOT continuing or upgrading to CC for my production bundles after the way you have treated me and many of my clients now. Instead we are pursuing alternative solutions that are not adobe.

The forums are full of folks with the same install problems for CC 2014. That is one year free for the extreme hassle and loss of time productivity, travel expenses, and monies due to being forced to use my standalone PS CS6 products for core work and another copy of the CC PS for 3D work at another location with a different persons subscription for my clients jobs.

3)  There is no excuse for a product like PS to fail on extraction prior to install!

Finally, that fact that you have the gall to tell me to go for self help in forums, tells me you are uneducated about the install issues for CC and YOU sure do not have any regard or concerns for

my business. The same can now be said of me about adobe.

CF

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines