• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Critical problem with all 2019 apps (Windows 10)

Explorer ,
May 16, 2019 May 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whenever I run any 2019 app, I get a total system freeze!

It happens with all 2019 apps. Illustrator. After Effects. Audition. etc.

The app loads up, seems to work for about 10-20 seconds, then my computer locks up. If I wait, there's a blue screen; otherwise, I have to power off and reboot.

I got on a chat with tech support last night, they took over my computer and spent an hour adjusting permissions, renaming folders and resetting preferences.

In the end, the problems persisted so I decided to completely remove Creative Cloud and all apps.

I ran the "AdobeCreativeCloudCleanerTool" that the tech had previously downloaded. Ran it a few times!

Then I removed all traces of "Adobe" from my C: drive. I even went into the registry and removed a pile of "Adobe" entries.

Whew!

I ran all the Windows updates and updated my video card drivers. Rebooted.

Re-installed Creative Cloud (using ACCCx4_8_1_435 from the support tech).

Installed ONLY Audition 2019.

Ran it.

Total system freeze.

Rebooted, ran it again ... got a crash report. If I hit "Don't Send," the app immediately quits.

Installed Media Encoder 2019.

Ran it, system freeze.

At this point I've decided that's enough debugging and testing. There's a serious problem with all 2019 apps, at least for me.

Windows itself is clean -- this is a basically-new laptop that was recently reset/formatted.

I searched the forums for "2019 crash" and it appears the 2019 apps have been problematic for 5-6 months.

My main grumble with the whole thing... I was perfectly happy running the 2014 versions of all programs. But I had received an email saying there would be some angry third-party lawyers if I kept using my 2014 versions, so I did the forced upgrade.

I don't care about using 2019 at all. I'm thinking the 2018 programs should run fine (at least I hope so).

I'm hoping there won't be another forced upgrade to 2019... 'cause then I won't know what to do.

This post is an FYI. I think I'm beyond tech support help at this point but I'm hoping one of the Adobe software-writer guys see this.

Thanks for reading!

Jody.

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 17, 2019 May 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Blue screens are never user program problems but always hardware and/or driver failures. User programs my crash, but that should only affect that program.

Make sure that your OS and drivers are up to date.

If the 2018-versions are running fine, you may also use those for now. I would strongly advise for a system check.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only things I know for sure...

• My computer works just fine, happily for hours and hours, until I run any Adobe 2019 app,
  • The 2018 apps work fine, and
  • I have the latest updates for Windows, my drivers, etc.

The machine was recently formatted/reset; I suppose I could format it AGAIN and hope for a different result but I don't have time to waste on that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Formatting hard drives is the beginning of the end.  Get a 2nd computer. 

Read the system requirements for all the products you use regularly and allow extra resources for OS and peripherals like printers & scanners.

Adobe Creative Cloud system requirements

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 20, 2019 Nov 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Wow. I am having the same issues. i just upgraded my computer with new hardware and thought I was going to be flying using the new Creative Cloud and right after I bought a new copy of Windows 10 Pro and installed my Creative Could Apps (2019) my computer started freezing up. EVERY. SINGLE TIME. I decided to take it tot the computer shop becuase I din't know what was going on since I had mostly new components in my PC only to find out, after I got it back and spending $368 to get it worked on and a new hard drive, that my computer is still acting the same! I guess it is the Creative Cloud 2019!!! HELP!!!! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines