• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CS4 upgrades.

New Here ,
May 15, 2015 May 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Several years ago, around 2010, I purchased a copy of CS4 Web Standard. I still have the original disks and the product key.

The software came with a free upgrade to CS5 Web Premium, and as I recall, three version upgrades as well.

At the time that i purchased the software, I immediately upgraded to CS5 Web Premium, and have been using it happily ever since, especially Photoshop CS5, Dreamweaver CS5. and Bridge CS5.

Recently, my hard disk failed and I tried to reinstall. I have tried several times, and each time I get errors on installation of several of components. The components that do not install are not consistent across attempts. Here is the latest error screen that I got.

CS4Err.JPG

I tried restarting and closing applications including antivirus software, but it still wouldn't install.

When I clicked "More Information" it took me here. What should I do now?

I need to know:

How do I reinstall the software?

How do I re-upgrade the software to CS5.

Thanks in advance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , May 15, 2015 May 15, 2015

Have you tried downloading the CS5 installation files to see if you can bypass the CS4 installation?  You could also try downloading the CS4 if you think you need to go thru that to get back to CS5.

CS4 - http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/cs4-product-downloads.html

CS5 - http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/cs5-product-downloads.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Further to above, I just noticed teh below text when I click the "More Information" button. The installer is telling me that I don't have access to certain directory locations. I don't understand how this can be and have not had this problem installing any other program. I am using an Administratior account in Microsoft Office.

Adobe Dreamweaver CS4

Error:

Error 1603. Error 1310.Error writing to file: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Dreamweaver CS4\configuration\Content\Reference\CFML\cfml104.htm.   Verify that you have access to that directory.

Adobe Fireworks CS4

Error:

Error 1602. User cancelled installation.

Adobe Version Cue CS4 Server

Error:

Error 1603. Error 1310.Error writing to file: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Adobe Version Cue CS4\Server\jre\lib\javaws\messages_es.properties.   Verify that you have access to that directory.

Adobe Flash CS4 STI-en

Error:

Error 1603. Error 1310.Error writing to file: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Help\en_US\AS3LCR\Flash_10.0\flash\profiler\package.html.   Verify that you have access to that directory.

Adobe PDistiller

Error:

Error 1603. Error 1310.Error writing to file: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 8.0\Acrobat\Data\PSDisk\Resource\CIDFont\JCkg.   Verify that you have access to that directory.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried downloading the CS5 installation files to see if you can bypass the CS4 installation?  You could also try downloading the CS4 if you think you need to go thru that to get back to CS5.

CS4 - http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/cs4-product-downloads.html

CS5 - http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/cs5-product-downloads.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the suggestion Ned. I'm trying it now. I'll let you know how I go.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 16, 2015 May 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I downloaded the CS5 file. When tried to install I got another message about write privileges. It seems to be similar to the message that I got previously when trying to install from CD. I guess this is not an Adobe issue, however, I would appreciate advice on how to deal with it.

adobefilewrite.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines