• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Activation limit reached for non-subscription Adobe desktop applications

Adobe Employee ,
Aug 16, 2024 Aug 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After installing Adobe desktop applications, you can encounter the error "Activation limit reached" or "the serial number is in use by the maximum allowed computers" when activating the software. Several activations are included when purchasing a license to utilize Adobe desktop software.

Activation limit reached.jpg           Maximum Allowed Computers.jpg

How can I preserve and maintain the activations provided to me when I purchase my software license from Adobe?

To preserve and manage the included activations, use Help>Sign Out or Help>Deactivate before uninstalling the software or implementing significant hardware changes to the computer. You can find steps on how to complete the deactivation process at Troubleshoot activation limit reached or sign-in failed errors for non-subscription products.

What is required to successfully deactivate my Adobe desktop software?

To successfully complete the deactivation or activation process, the computer must be able to contact Adobe servers. To maintain the security and resilience of Adobe servers, we require that computers apply and implement critical security updates before contacting us. For additional information on updating the computer to meet these needs, see Update your operating system to work with Adobe apps.

I received the error, "Activation limit reached," but I am sure I still have activations remaining. How can I correct any software errors and allow the computer to contact Adobe servers?

Both the "serial number is in use by the maximum allowed computers." and the "Activation limit reach" errors can be encountered when the licensing or activation data on the computer has become corrupted or damaged. This corruption can trigger the error without contacting Adobe servers to confirm if activations remain for the software license (i.e., Photoshop Elements, InDesign CS6, Acrobat 11, etc.) This corruption is pervasive when Adobe applications and files are transferred from one computer to another. Downloading and running the CC Cleaner Tool from solution three of Installation errors | Elements | CC Cleaner Tool will attempt to remove the licensing and activation data from the computer.

I cannot update my computer, and I am confident that no pending operating system updates are available. Is there any other way to activate Adobe desktop software?

If you cannot update the computer or connect with Adobe servers, try completing an offline activation as described in Offline activation of Adobe Photoshop Elements and Adobe Premiere Elements 2019. To trigger the offline activation, temporarily turn off all network connections to the computer. You will also need a modern device (computer, smartphone, tablet) to contact our servers and complete the offline activation process. Most Adobe desktop software, including retail versions of Creative Suite and Acrobat, require online activation.

My Adobe software license does not include offline activation. What else can I do to allow the computer to contact Adobe servers?

Please see Unable to reach Adobe servers for additional steps you can take to allow a computer to contact Adobe servers, including a link to the Limited Access Repair tool for Windows and macOS. Adobe engineers designed this tool to automatically remove any Adobe-related entries from the computer's host files. These entries are unnecessary and can prevent the computer from contacting Adobe servers successfully.

If the host file is clean of Adobe-related entries, then see Fix connectivity issues for Adobe apps for additional solutions and confirm that the installed security software is up-to-date and using the manufacturer's recommended settings.

For more information, see:

TOPICS
Activation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines