• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CS6 and Windows Vista

New Here ,
Sep 29, 2012 Sep 29, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On various websites, yours included, it is stated that CS6 will not run on windows vista. However according to your article kb404901 it would appear that CS6 will run on vista as it talks about having to select either the 32 or 64 bit option, unlike XP or win 7 which load both versions. Please clarify this issue as I will be purchasing CS6 in the near future. I will be installing it on a Toshiba Satellite laptop running 32 bit vista ultimate and a centrino core 2 duo processor. If I do have to move to win 7 it will be win7 pro.   

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 29, 2012 Sep 29, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop CS6 is a 64-bit only application. You cannot choose to run Photoshop CS6 in 32 bit mode like you used to do in CS5.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 30, 2012 Sep 30, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi giffoj,

I believe that is only macs that are 64 bit only for photoshop cs6, as windows still has a 32 and 64 bit version of photoshop cs6.

But if one is installing photoshop cs6 on a windows 32 bit operating system, the installer just installs the 32 bit version of photoshop cs6 without any user intervention.

As far as windows vista, even though photoshop cs6 is not officially supported it should work fine on both vista 32 and 64 bit systems.

Adobe does offer a 30 day trial of photoshop cs6 if you wish to try it out before buying.

On a 64 bit windows system the installer installs both the 32 and 64 bit versions of photoshop cs6 unless one only chooses the 64 bit install.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi There

Thanks for your reply. It would appear though that Sudarshan does not agree with you and says cs6 is only 64-bit.

I am going to do as you suggested and download a 30 day trial. I will post the result.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's a good idea to try the trial.

All i can say is i'm using photoshop cs6 on windows 8 x64 and i have both a 32 and 64 bit version of photoshop cs6 installed, but since you

have vista 32 you will only get the 32 bit version of photoshop cs6, same functions, but the 64 bit version runs on 64 bit operating systems and can use far more ram.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Giffoj - A correction in my previous post. Sorry about that.

Adobe dropped 32-bit support in CS6 for Mac. Hence that is 64-bit only. However, on Windows, you can use the 32-bit or 64-bit depending on your OS - Vista/ Windows 7. You cannot however, choose to run in 32-bit mode. You cannot install the 64bit on Vista. 64-bit can only be installed on a 64-bit compatible OS such as Windows 7.

Photoshop, Dreamweaver, Fireworks & Flash have no reported problems in 32-bit. However, you cannot install/run Premiere, After Effects, Encore & Speedgrade on a 32-bit installation.

The only key advantage if you use the 64bit OS and install the 64-bit Photoshop is that your computer can leverage more than 4GB of RAM (even if your system had more installed in it), which was not possible in a 32bit OS with 32bit installation.

Photoshop CS6 Native Memory Module offers support for way over 4Gigs of RAM which is something you can experiment/ enjoy only on a 64-bit installation.

However, in your case, you could install the 32-bit version of Photoshop on your Vista OS.

I apologize for the confusion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 08, 2012 Oct 08, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sudarshan

Apologies for late reply and thanks for your clarification.

Luanne has also posted the following:

I'm moving this question to the Download, Install & Setup Help forum for specialized attention to your situation.

So I await further.

Thanks to all who replied.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 04, 2012 Oct 04, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm moving this question to the Download, Install & Setup Help forum for specialized attention to your situation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 22, 2013 May 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As we speak ''type'' I am DL P.S.CS6 on my 3rd refurbished Qosmio that runs on 64 Vista. Will report shortly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 22, 2013 May 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Charmed like a work! I needed it cus Im using a Canon 6D

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines