Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Desperate Help Needed re CS6 Activation/Installation Problem

Oct 24, 2012 Oct 24, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A few months ago, I purchased the full retail version of CS6 (Design Standard) for Windows.  I installed it on a new clean computer running Windows 7 and activated and registered it.  The installation, activation and registration process went smoothly, and initially everything seemed OK.

A little over a month ago, the nightmare started.  Since then, each time I try to run any of the CS6 components, I get a message telling me it "thinks" I have the trial version installed (even though I actually installed and activated the full version) and asks me if I want to "start the trial" or "license this software."  If I choose "license" it asks for my serial number (which has already been entered numerous times) and it then seems to be OK -- for a while.  However, within a short period of time, the problem is back, and the cycle starts again.

I have tried on numerous occasions (and spent countless dozens of hours) attempting to resolve this through Adobe support, both via telephone and via "chat."  Each time, I wind up telling the same story to several different people, re-explaining it until they apparently understand it, and then getting transferred around to several people until I finally get to somebody who, supposedly, can help.  Then, that individual walks me through the same things that have already been tried several times before.  Finally, I am assured that the problem has been fixed, and am also assured that they will keep the case open.  Each time, the problem has not been fixed, and I find that the case has been closed (so that the only way I can try to communicate is by starting all over, wasting more hours trying to get through, and ultimately again getting to somebody who has no idea what to do other than to tell me to do the same things that have already proven themselves (several times) not to work).

The result of all this is that I have a $1200 piece of software which is totally useless.

Perhaps somebody from Adobe can help me with how to take this to the next level so that it gets to somebody with the knowledge to figure out how to fix the problem.  If anybody other than from Adobe has dealt with a similar problem, any suggestions would be appreciated.

Robert Rothman (a very dissatisfied customer)

Edit: To be clear, this was not purchased via download; I installed from physical disks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 25, 2012 Oct 25, 2012

Rob Rothman is it possible you are only experiencing this difficulty with your 64-bit activations?  I would recommend reviewing 64-bit applications repeatedly ask to activate - http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/64-bit-creative-suite-applications-repeatedly.html.  If you are affected by this issue then I would recommend bookmarking this document as it will be updated once our Engineering team has discovered a solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Dec 17, 2012 Dec 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got Light, Hi I'm message 23... I have CS6 and last week I checked for any updates when I opened the CS6 program...there was one and I updated.  I have not had to add my serial number since.  Try it maybe it will work for you too.   Good Luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 18, 2012 Dec 18, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you PattiKati, I did update it last week, it went away for a day then it reappeared. Adobe has a great product but very bad customer support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 19, 2012 Dec 19, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got Light please bookmark the document referenced in message #3 and 13 of this thread.  When our investigation is complete and a solution is available we will be updating the referenced document.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeff

Adobe just don't seem to get customer support, do they?

Rather than ask your customers to bookmark a page that hardly ever changes and ask them to keep looking at it on the off chance that it might have changed, why not offer to contact the affected customers PROACTIVELY when Adobe finally manages to do something about this long running problem? My opinion of Adobe as an organisation has gone right down over the last 6 months this issue has been running, and will only continue to do so as I experience more Adobe "support".

Alan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apb_liv we do have a list of customers which will be contacted.  I believe we have you on the list already.  Also users are able to request to be notified when a solution is available and we can add their case number to the list.

The best recommendation I can make though, in a one to many setting such as the forum, is to bookmark the document as it will be updated as soon as a solution is available.

I again apologize for the inconveinence each of you have faced.  This issue is a priority for our engineering team and they are actively researching a solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

every so often I get a email from customer service telling me if I don't respond with given time, my case will be close. How do thay want me to respond? I still have the problem, nothing had changed, no solution since their last e-mail. When the issue is resolved, then I will have something to respond to...A Thank You Note.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got Light? can you please respond with your case number and I will be happy to review it's status.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 20, 2012 Dec 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank You, i will try this and let you know.

Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2012 16:04:36 -0700

To: shehroze@hotmail.com

Subject: Desperate Help Needed re CS6 Activation/Installation Problem

Re: Desperate Help Needed re CS6 Activation/Installation Problem

created by PattiKatai in Downloading, Installing, Setting Up - View the full discussion

Got Light, Hi I'm message 23... I have CS6 and last week I checked for any updates when I opened the CS6 program...there was one and I updated. I have not had to add my serial number since. Try it maybe it will work for you too. Good Luck!

Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed a screen image in your message please visit the thread in the forum to embed the image at http://forums.adobe.com/message/4929232#4929232

Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page:

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at . In the Actions box on the right, click the Stop Email Notifications link.

Start a new discussion in Downloading, Installing, Setting Up by email or at Adobe Community

For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to http://forums.adobe.com/message/2936746#2936746.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got Light? I have sent you an e-mail to the e-mail address on file for your support case.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 09, 2013 Mar 09, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Until now, no solution!!!!! Please let me know what is happening!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are continuing to actively investigate this issue.  Progress is being made but I really am unable to provide any additional information beyond that at this time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CS release dates:

CS   Sep 2003

CS2 May 2005

CS3 Apr 2007

CS4 Sep 2008

CS5 Apr 2010

CS6 May 2012

CS7 Sep 2013??

I reported the bug in June 2012. 8 months later and there is no solution.

I suspect we will see CS7 released before this is fixed and Adobe will expect us to buy a solution to the bug.

Alan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 29, 2013 Mar 29, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe need to resolve this issue Right NOW!!!!!!!! This has gone to far!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 24, 2013 Apr 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone else had this problem go away? My laptop CS6 install has behaved perfectly for a few weeks now. I've no idea why.

Alan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 25, 2013 Apr 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Wow, this has been an issue for 8 months? Isn't that like an eternity in the software world? I'm not saying I don't think Adobe is working on the problem, but could it be it really is unsolvable? I just purchases CS6 two months ago as a graphic design student and have been having this issue since then. I started looking around for a solution and kept finding more and more people with the problem...

I've only contacted customer support about this once, so at least now I know not to keep doing that.

I guess I'll wait, really is there anything else anyone can do? I know Jeff Wright referenced the bulletin would be updated, but if anyone is alerted to a solution it would be great if you could post here too. Sorry I have nothing of value to add here, except I feel the same

Kim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines