• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Downloading App for first time (Windows 7)

New Here ,
Sep 13, 2014 Sep 13, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I already purchased Photoshop Elements 12 but now wish to "Try" CC to see if I would like to subscribe for more features (been using Photoshop for many years but just starting up again, hobbyist with some advanced knowledge). Since Adobe offers one month free trial I would like to take advantage as I do a lot of photography and editing lately.

Problem: I have an account, I have successfully installed the Cloud, BUT when I go to Apps I only see "Try" for Photoshop CC (2014) - all help images seem to show "Install", so I click on on "Try" and it appears to start - I see the blue circular 'timer' but then it flickers and vanishes and I am staring at a blank window....is it truly downloading????

I did open up my firewall telling it to give all the Adobe/Cloud components full access.

You may speak technical to me, my computer experience is advanced.

My OS:

Windows 7 Home Premium

Processor: Intel Core i7-37770 3.40GHz

Memory: 12GB

64-bit OS

HD: 909GB with 695GB free

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jmadl,

Can you please share a screenshot of the same?

Regards,

Sheena

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For some reason the forum will not allow me to post a screenshot...?

Both are less then 200K and under 900x900px and in jpg format ? but I keep getting an error and asked to check that they are under the limited size (8meg, 900x900)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 15, 2014 Sep 15, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jmadl,

Please refer to the thread below if that helps you to fix the issue:

New Creative Cloud App unusable: it's blank!

Regards,

Sheena

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 15, 2014 Sep 15, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been at this for over three days now, and I agree with one of the posts in that thread "Adobe is no assistance at all"

When I get time again I will try deleting the data base file but as for the post "Delete ALL Adobe programs from computer and reinstall" - well, if Adobe now makes programs that unstable; Forget It! I already paid for Photoshop Elements and Premier Elements, and they don't just take a few minutes to uninstall/reinstall plus all the filters and addons I have...I don't have three days to just get back to where I am now and I have projects waiting to be done.

If deleting the data base don't work then I will just stick with what I have, besides, I also own other products that don't need this 'cloud hassle'....maybe the cloud just isn't worth my time...but I will try the one fix, when I have time to play with it again.

~All skill be in vain if an angel pisses down th' barrel o' yer flintlock, so keep yer cutlass close 'n keep her sharp!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 16, 2014 Sep 16, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Jmadl,

We are extremely sorry for the trouble this has caused you. I am sending a pm with my email address and would request you to kindly share the screen shot of the error you are getting along with your telephone number so that I can get to you and address the concerns for you .

Cheers.

Kartikay Sharma

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 14, 2014 Sep 14, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still can not upload any screen shot...I even shrunk it down to 80k 550x in size??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines