• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error code 131:4 - Cannot open CS5 apps anymore

New Here ,
Apr 27, 2019 Apr 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I installed a few weeks ago a copy of the 'Adobe After Effects CS6' package I purchased on Ebay. Since then, I am unable to open any application of the 'Creative suite Production Premium CS5'  I have been using for years. As far as I remember, after installing AE6,  I quickly checked if the CS5 apps were still working. They were.

Note that I am an intermittent user who uses the apps only occasionally.

On opening a CS5 app today, a window popped up saying: 'A problem has occurred with the licensing of the product. Restart the product and re-launch the product.' It advises me to contact Customer Support by mentioning the error code for further assistance.

The error code is: 131:4

I restarted the computer and tried to open any CS5 app to no avail. Any ideas on what to do next? Thanks for any hint.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 27, 2019 Apr 27, 2019

>no SN number was required upon installing AE6

That is a HACKED program, and MAY contain malware that will cause you other problems (such as stealing information and sending it to someone who is looking to hack into your bank account)

1 - report that seller to eBay

2 - be prepared to have to wipe your hard drive and install everything, starting with a fresh install of Windows

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you should start here Error: "Licensing has stopped working" | Windows

but unless you have a compatible os (ie, xp or vista), you can expect problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your prompt answer. I looked at the guideline link you provided above and will try some of the solutions discussed there. For information, I currently use Windows 10 and had no difficulties installing Creative Suite CS5 and AE6 on this machine. But, I am wary of the removal process.

Questions:

1. It seems the guideline primarily deals with the CS3/CS4 versions. In my case (CS5), some of the Adobe components are now found in Program Files and Program Files (x86). In case I opt for solution 8 (ie a total reinstall), should I delete both Adobe folders or just remove the sub-folders found in C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe? (By the way, these repertories differ by name from the 3 folders listed in  step 6.)

2. Assuming the removal process was successful, could new licensing issues possibly be raised since these products were not deactivated as prescribed ? If so, is there a simple fix to prevent this ?

Again, many thanks in advance for your assistance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

that link deals with cs5.5 and earlier licensing errors.  you'll need to figure out how win 10 differs from the compatible os'es.  ie, the win 10 folders aren't going to be the same as the win xp/vista folders.

also, you should ensure all files are visible because some folders/files are hidden by win 10, by default.

also, rename files/folders so they can restored if needed.

and yes, you may create new or additional problems by trying to fix your current problem.

p.s.  it's likely you have an invalid and possibly illegal cs6.  even if the seller had a legal cs6 version they almost certainly did not legally transfer the license to you.  if your cs6 serial number didn't require activation, it is illegal.  if it required activation and passed it's activation during installation, you should have something (from the seller) indicating the license was transferred to you or your cs6 could be deactivated and blacklisted by adobe in the future.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much for your answer. I believe you are right. I was fooled by the Ebay re seller despite his good reputation since no SN number was required upon installing AE6. The CS5 suite I purchased years ago on Ebay is however 100% legit (it was a particularly expensive investment at the time).

Question: Do you think that there is a chance the CS5 suite applications might work again if AE6 is removed ?

Thanks in advance for your insightful assistance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>no SN number was required upon installing AE6

That is a HACKED program, and MAY contain malware that will cause you other problems (such as stealing information and sending it to someone who is looking to hack into your bank account)

1 - report that seller to eBay

2 - be prepared to have to wipe your hard drive and install everything, starting with a fresh install of Windows

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you very much for the information. I will report asap to Ebay.

Many thanks again. Have a great day !..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines