Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash CS4 is not starting up on my new computer. Windows 7

New Here ,
Nov 29, 2011 Nov 29, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

My entire CS4 Web Premium Suite works on my new computer except for Flash!  I need this program most of all.  Please help

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BTW. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the software a few times with no luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To help locate the error message which indicates why Flash is not installing it would be best to review your installation logs.  The installation log files can be found at the following locations:

• Windows 32-bit (XP, Vista, 7): \Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Installers\
  • Windows 64-bit (XP, Vista, 7): \Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\Installers\

The log filename includes the product name and install date (CS4) or just the product name (CS3), followed by “.log.gz.” The extension .gz indicates a compressed format.

To decompress the file you will want to use a utility such as Winzip to allow you to view the file.  Once the file is decompressed you can then open it in Wordpad and search for the following to try to determine the error message:

• Return value 3
  • ERROR
  • FATAL

You can then search for the specific error message on Adobe.com to find the solution to your difficulties.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 02, 2011 Dec 02, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Jeff A Wright.

Thank you. I tried your answer but I'm not getting very far. The help on Adobe.com gave me information for Mac OS.

The only error message I get is a window with the text: "The application Adobe Flash CS4 has unexpectedly quit."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 02, 2011 Dec 02, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Mdeluise you will want to review the log files which I indicated above.  The message, "The application Adobe Flash CS4 has unexpectedly quit," is unfortunately very generic.  You should be able to locate more specific error messages within your log file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines