• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Getting serial number for CS6?

New Here ,
May 06, 2012 May 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I ordered a creative suite software pack that said that I qualified for the deal that I get to upgrade for free to CS6 when it is released.  Since it is now available I was just curious when the serial numbers would be sent out or if I need to contact someone to get it?  Thank you

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 07, 2012 May 07, 2012

Pianoman369 I would recommend reviewing the How do I claim my complimentary upgrade section of Complimentary CS6 upgrades | FAQ | Purchases from Adobe - http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/cs6-faq-direct-purchases.html.  It provides details regarding the process and the timing of the e-mails informing you of the upgrade availability.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
May 17, 2012 May 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok I'll try again. I was basically brushed off last time so hopefully I get someone different.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 17, 2012 May 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yep, told to wait until the end of the month. Support person can't initiate the coupon process, apparently. So annoying. I originally wanted to purchase CS6, Adobe say "Buy this and CS6 is free" so I figure why wait. Well, turns out I have to wait nearly a month after release it seems. Yeah, I can use the trial. But I didn't buy the software to use the trial.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 14, 2012 May 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nightmare. Working with Adobe Support is a full time job.

So the CS6 upgrade arrives in the post today from Germany.

I search everywhere for the Serial Number which is conspicuous by its absence.

NOTHING. Not even a note as to 'NOTHING'

I try to install...it asks for the Serial Number. Yes, you guessed right...its not the CS5.5 Serial Number.

I guess with the price of their software they can afford all these support admin people...chatting and emailing their long-suffering customers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 15, 2012 May 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you say "post", do you mean "e-mail"?

And when you say you searched for a serial number, what did you search?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 15, 2012 May 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Errr. For the last 20 years serial numbers have been printed on the media that the software is supplied in. Usually a sticky label on the CD/DVD cover. This system worked.

Adobe know better than to inflict this antediluvian, tried and tested  method of distributing serial numbers - they prefer to do it by email. (Whilst saving costs - they think it cuts out piracy ?)

Only in this case they neither supply a serial number on the media ....nor do they think it worthwhile to email one to me, even tho' i'm in their system for the CS6 upgrade. Go figure..

Yes ...the 5.5 serial number is useless.

But perhaps what annoys me most is the utter contempt Abode have for their customers. They post nothing about this on the Internet & they cannot be bothered to respond either here or via my Open Case in support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines