• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

have 24-digit serial key; need 6-digit serial number

New Here ,
Jun 21, 2016 Jun 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an Educational Volume License for CS3. I just updated my teaching computer which had to be manually migrated, so I reinstalled CS3. No problem; I have what I thought is the Serial number. But the StartUp page asks for a 6-digit code; mine is 24-digits long. The Adobe Help Chat told me my number is correct, but that they no longer support CS3. I still teach this older version.... any suggestions on how to translate my existing code for the new code they require?

I purchased the whole thing when I was a new teacher 10+ years ago... through Gov Connection. I don't think I registered it.  But someone at Adobe should be able to tell me my number, right?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 21, 2016 Jun 21, 2016

But the StartUp page asks for a 6-digit code; mine is 24-digits long.

Is it definitely asking, in words, for a 6 digit code? Or are you presented with 6 boxes on screen where you enter 4 digits into each box?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But the StartUp page asks for a 6-digit code; mine is 24-digits long.

Is it definitely asking, in words, for a 6 digit code? Or are you presented with 6 boxes on screen where you enter 4 digits into each box?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 24, 2017 Jun 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

4 digits in each box.  Worked.  But they didn't say that !!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 01, 2022 Jan 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This helped me so much, thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you did not register so your serial number was added to the registration database for your Adobe ID, I doubt that Adobe can help

And, in fact, due to the age of the product, I know that Adobe no longer provides support

I have had various Adobe programs going back to the very old Premiere 6 (not CS6, the version 6 before Premiere Pro) and I have never seen a program with a 6 digit serial number

Volume License https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/volume-licensing-site.html

Invalid License http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/error-serial-number-valid-product.html

-and more help in http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/invalid-serial-number-cs4.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

JOHN WALLER! I send you huge thanks! It's been a long day... and I never would have figured that out without you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines