• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Here's how Adobe works. Blocked serial number Adobe Creative Suite CS6

Explorer ,
Dec 09, 2023 Dec 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I bought the original CS6 package a long time ago. The seller even talked to Adobe about whether the serial number of this software is okay (I have the transcripts). Then everything was fine. After five years, however, Adobe blocked my number. After talking to them and handing over the proof of purchase and transcript, they admitted that they would give me a new number. Now, again after five years, the number they gave me was blocked. They say that the number they gave me cannot be used in Europe. Somehow, for five years, it was able to be used. When they gave me my number, they knew I was from Europe. The number was legally registered five years ago. Now they dismiss me and don't respond to my emails. And it's not true that Adobe doesn't communicate via e-mails (someone wrote that somewhere on the forum). The chat person sent me an email and I replied to it. I also know that Adobe employees read the forum.

In this way, they are trying to force me into a cloud that I don't need. The CS6 package is enough for me. The company I work for also uses this package, so it wouldn't be beneficial for me to switch to the cloud anyway.

Please don't send me to the chat because they are just ignoring me.

You're unprofessional, because the CS6 package was supposed to be for life, and you're slowly blocking everyone's numbers. Could I easily register a serial number that was fake (as Adobe claims) with Adobe? The answer is no, because such numbers could not be registered.

TOPICS
Activation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 13, 2024 Jan 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have already written to you that no one should care whether I use this software for 5 or 15 years, I paid for it and I should be able to use it. 

I have the impression that you are working on behalf of Adobe to convince everyone that what this company is doing is ok. And recommend CC. Buying original software with lifetime use means you can use it as long as you want.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 27, 2024 Jan 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"Upgrades are essential for security & compatibility reasons" 
Honestly, I don't understand this phrase repeated over and over again - how could my cs6 package pose a threat to the security of the computer?
CS6 work well in both windows7 and windows11. So what kind of compatibility are we talking about?
Speaking of compatibility - I have purchased all additional packages and plug-ins for the CS6 version. After these few years, I had everything I needed.
Yes, new products are not always compatible with cs6, but they seem unnecessary to me.
But a lot of the things I bought to cs6 version, are not always compatible with CC... 
New versions of programs with many useful options that make WORK easier, the entire CC environment - this is a really nice option... for someone who works every day as a graphic designer or photographer and earns money from it.
For me, who occasionally scratches in Photoshop or Illutrator, crops a photo, add some textures or grain to my illustration, all these new options are unnecessary.  Using crack is not a feat for me. But I don't want to and I didn't pay to play such messed up things now. I can also easily find alternative software and stop using Adobe for good. But is that the point? Over time, Adobe software will become available only to salaried professionals? Those who work on their own often don't have it easy and will unfortunately look for (or have already found) cheaper alternatives.
As a conclusion, from my perspective, as a creator - the end result is the same for me - whether I use CS6, CC or other software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The chat person sent me an email and I replied to it. 

By @editb31393992

Hi Edyta,

I see that you first posted about this issue on 25 Jun 2018 and Adobe Employee @DebbieW1964 from the Adobe Genuine Team sent you a PM. What was the result then? 

janee_0-1705153247196.png

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then they gave me a new serial number, which has now been blocked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if you have a serial number from adobe that you never been shared with anyone else, recontact adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@editb31393992 

Everyone on this thread (so far) is a volunteer who does not work for Adobe. Staff has an Adobe logo and the words "Adobe Employee" on their avatar. We cannot fix this for you and we cannot override what Adobe says. You have to contact Adobe directly.

I clicked the employee's name (link above) and reviewed all of her posts. Apparently there is a phone number in the alert message you received that we don't have access to. Have you called that? I don't know if it goes to the Adobe Genuine Team or to Adobe Customer Care or if, after so many years, it is out of service.

Do you have all the records from your purchase and previous contact with Adobe? Try to gather as much as you can, and scan in anything that is on paper.

You said you contacted Adobe Customer Care by Chat and they disconnected you. Try again, and this time:

• get a case number at the very start of the chat
  • ask for Tier 2 support or a supervisor (to escalate your case)
  • be prepared to attach documents and/or copy & paste from previous emails — have everything organized
  • copy the chat text every so often — paste it into Word or elsewhere to preserve it

Try the link to auto-open the Chat, which you said you used before:
https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen  
Type "agent" to get a human

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 14, 2024 Jan 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried several times and I already have three case numbers. I was also sent a telephone number for Polish assistance, which is switched off.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 14, 2024 Jan 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 26, 2024 Jan 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

editb31393992 sorry for you. I had exactly the same problem as you. Adobe confirmed that my license was ok when I bought the software and they blocked my serial number recently. Despite the proof of purchase and the email they sent me to confirm that everything was ok, they didn't want to resolve the issue and tried to sell me their subscription.
They act like mafia and I don't think you'll find any help for your problem here. May be i'm wrong but it seems like they're all trying to justify their employer's behavior as perfectly normal. Some of them are even trying to get us to accept that a perpetual license is a license for 3 to 5 years maximum... it's just pathetic...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 26, 2024 Jan 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Nahnou 

you're incorrect when you state that there's no help offered here.  not all of us posters are the same.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, of course. I wasn't talking about help for technical problems with Adobe tools, but rather this particular problem of blocked license that the user has purchased and whose validity has been confirmed by Adobe and then blocked years later.
For example, the case of "editb31393992", not to mention my own case,...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you're incorrect when referring to all posters in this thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I totally agree! in this thread there are also people who don't try to deceive others.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thumbs up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines