• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I reinstall an existing application?

New Here ,
Nov 21, 2017 Nov 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I open my current InDesign (v. 2015.4) document, it tells me that the application "appears to be damaged, please reinstall". However, the document then opens and seems to function normally. When I attempt to download a new copy of InDesign, it tries to give me new Version 2017, which will not run on my computer (an iMac running System 10.9.5) and then blocks the download. How do I reinstall the 2015 version I am currently running?

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 21, 2017 Nov 21, 2017

The first link is admittedly very confusing and doesn't help.

Click on the link under 2.

2017-11-21 19_10_49-Microsoft Edge.png

Then click on Sign In

2017-11-21 19_14_13-Microsoft Edge.png

Then sign in with your AdobeID. After you logged in successfully you can use the links on the ProDesignTools side to download the appropriate installation file.

2017-11-21 19_19_44-Microsoft Edge.png

Regards

Axel

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please take a look here: Download/Install FAQ: How do I install previous versions of Creative Cloud Apps?

Axel

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.4 - Photoshop 25.9.1 - Nik Collection 7 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz PhotoAI 3

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Axel,

Thanks for the rapid attention! Sorry, no, that doesnt solve the problem. I

had already found that web page and followed its instructions - but the

"other version" option produces a list of even older versions of InDesign,

2014 and before, and doesnt allow me the possibility of downloading the

current version on my machine, which is 2015. As I said, the straight

download page just provides the 2017 version. Any other ideas?

Hugh

Dr. C.H.F. Rowell

xxxxxx, Switzerland

Tel. 027 xxxxxx

[Personal data removed by moderator]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Take a look if this helps:

How to Find and Install Previous Version of Adobe Apps in CC 2015 | Adobe Customer Care Team

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.4 - Photoshop 25.9.1 - Nik Collection 7 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz PhotoAI 3

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Axel, Unfortunately the page (How to Find and Install Previous Version of Adobe Apps in CC 2015 ​ ) seems to be out of date ( it dates from 2025). The current version of the Creative Cloud application doesnt include the categories it shows.  Hugh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here you can download the appropriate version directly:

Adobe CC 2015 Direct Download Links: Creative Cloud 2015 Release | ProDesignTools

Axel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again  Axel,

Now this looks like it will  be really useful! On attempting follow through the instructions on the ProDesign page I come across the following:

"You need your Adobe Premiere Elements serial number to complete the installation. Need help finding your serial number?

Sign in to My Adobe to find serial numbers for registered products."

So I sign in to "My Adobe", but I dont see any way to learn my serial number there! Any hints?

Hugh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you installing Premiere Elements or Premiere Pro CC?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mr Stohlmeyer:  I had never heard of Premiere Elements until today when I read the link recommended by Axel Matt, and I dont know what it has to do with InDesign. What I want to do is to download and reinstall the 2015 Indesign application.

Hugh Rowell

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The first link is admittedly very confusing and doesn't help.

Click on the link under 2.

2017-11-21 19_10_49-Microsoft Edge.png

Then click on Sign In

2017-11-21 19_14_13-Microsoft Edge.png

Then sign in with your AdobeID. After you logged in successfully you can use the links on the ProDesignTools side to download the appropriate installation file.

2017-11-21 19_19_44-Microsoft Edge.png

Regards

Axel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 22, 2017 Nov 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again Axel,

Yes, I eventually got this to work. Oddly, I didnt do any of the allegedly essential preliminaries, apart from logging in to my CC account; I tried to do all the recommended things, but it didnt seem to want me there. So eventually I just clicked on the download, expecting the worst, but it came without any trouble and is now installed. So many thanks for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try this thread - it outlines how to find previous version in the CC2018 CCM.

Even though you are looking for ID - same steps, just choose the correct software.

How to install previous version of Premiere in CC?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Mr. Stohlmeyer,

Thank you for your interest and taking the time to try and help me! I still havnt understood what "Premiere" is, but fortunately I have now got my desired InDesign download (see my comment above), so I never need to learn! Thanks again for helping.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines