Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to clean uninstall Adobe products

Community Beginner ,
Mar 26, 2018 Mar 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I had Creative Cloud and Photoshop CC 2018 on my PC which I uninstalled, first Photoshop then Creative Cloud. Problem is that the uninstaller from Adobe does not seem to clean it all as there remains a AGCInvokerUtility.exe in my startup tab from the task manager. Target is pointing to C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\AdobeGCClient and actually when I looked over CommonFiles, there also remains an entire Adobe folder which takes space on my drive uselessly!!

So I did some research and went to my registry, searched for anything containing "invoker". I indeed could see few entries related to Adobe Invoker Utility... I didn't do anything yet. I'm quite annoyed by "not clean uninstalled" apps, as what remains takes space, leaves junk registry entries and stuff.

How could I delete ALL Adobe related entries properly (for former Creative Cloud and Photoshop CC apps)?

Related question, if I had to manually intervene, how would I be sure it is all? It leaves an obscure situation after uninstall where you think everything is deleted cleanly but well... that's not the case.

Adobe, please also take this into account for future developments... It's really hard to get rid of Adobe products once they were installed. So I'm considering next time not to take any.

Thanks in advance.

TOPICS
Creative Cloud , Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving this to Creative Cloud Download & Install​ community.

Hi Slach,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you. As you have mentioned you would like to clean remove Adobe from your machine, I would suggest you to follow the steps given in the following thread to do so: Reactivation error unresolved after receiving new serial number from Adobe

Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bani,

Thanks for your prompt answer.

However what entries do I clean in my registry (where and what does Adobe write during its install process)?

And how can I clean up the Adobe GC Invoker Utility (AGCInvokerUtility.exe) that is in my startup tab in my task manager?

Also following the manual deletions as per what you recommended, not everything was cleaned up. It left me with a :\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\CoreSyncExtension\ CoreSync_x64.dll which I was unable to delete. To do so I had to dig into that forum (How do I completely delete Adobe Application? ) where it says:

Another solution is to use CoreSyncCustomHook.exe located at: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Creative Cloud\CoreSyncExtension\customhook. When you run the following command :

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Creative Cloud\CoreSyncExtension\customhook\CoreSyncCustomHook.exe --uninstall="C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Creative Cloud" --component="CoreSyncExtension"

Then all registration to the dll is removed from the registry, the dll will be renamed and placed in %TEMP% and with the next reboot the dll is removed from the machine.

OK so I found it under : C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Sync\CoreSync\customhook\CoreSyncCustomHook.exe.

Question is therefore: first, is it a correct way to remove the .dll file? Second, the part related to the registry is what I'm talking about: is there a tool from Adobe to clean the entries in the registry it created?

Thanks in advance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply Slach, have you tried using the Adobe Creative Cloud cleaner tool? it is designed to delete everything related to Adobe from your machine. See: Use the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems.

For your question related to registry entries, please give me sometime to research on it and I will get back to you with an answer as soon as possible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I also tried that tool. It doesn't delete the entry in the startup tab of my task manager, neither did it delete the folders related to Adobe in Program files x86 and in Proram fils x86\Common files\Adobe which is taking space in the meantime... (I am concerned about it because I have a small SSD and I don't have the budget to change for a larger size)...

Thanks in advance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 01, 2019 Jul 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So the Cleaner tool seems to not clear the registry at all.  Found a crap load of thing in there.  Does Adobe even consider this with there uninstallers.  I'm trying to get device licences installed.  Your regular uninstaller leave apps,  Cleaner tool does nothing.  It is not great to have to re-image a PC every time a change is needed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 01, 2019 Jul 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Are you a Team, Enterprise or Individual account holder?

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines