• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to continue using the CS perpetual license I purchased

New Here ,
Aug 13, 2024 Aug 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many years ago, I bought a set of Photoshop CS1 boxed products. Although pirated software was rampant in my country at that time, I did not agree with the practice of using pirated software, so I spent a high price to purchase it. However, now it seems that this was actually a wrong decision. Purchasing genuine Adobe software actually does not provide any guarantee! CS1 for Win is the first product to use activation technology, and CS1 for Mac does not require activation. Unfortunately, I purchased the for win version!Because I am not an industry user, I only use it occasionally and it remained idle for many years afterwards,Recently, when I wanted to use it again, I found that it could no longer be activated,I have already communicated with Adobe customer service 6 times regarding this issue. Can you believe it?They should be very clear about the problem I am facing, but they cannot solve it. They repeatedly provide mechanical responses(EOL), urging you to pay the subscription fee or seek help on the forum! However, during communication with the customer service department, it was learned that Adobe had closed the activation server, resulting in the inability to activate!But they refused to solve the problem that caused me trouble because the version I was using had already stopped serving. Unless I pay to purchase a new version!Oh my god, when I tried to reason with the customer service, they only told me that the product had already been discontinued,But the question is, the product has been discontinued, what is the connection between this and users who have already purchased permanent licenses continuing to use the product?I don't need technical support, nor do I need to use this product on the latest system.I just hope to continue using the products with permanent authorization on my old computer with the old system installed.But let's take a look at what Adobe has done? Constantly asking me to purchase new subscription products, no matter what I say, mechanically repeatedly sending and rejecting my reasonable demands.But I just want to continue using the product that I purchased with a perpetual license, what did I do wrong?
The following is a Q&A on Adobe's official website regarding activation issues when launching CS products for the first time.

Q: What happens if the product is discontinued?
A: Adobe is fully committed to honoring the terms of its Product License Agreements. In the event that a product is discontinued, Adobe will enable automatic approval of all activation requests for that product or provide a means to remove activation outright. In either case, the customer will not experience any change in software capabilities.

Q: What happens if Adobe releases a newer version of Photoshop CS software? Will I be able to activate the older version?
A: Yes. Even after the older version of the product stops shipping, you can activate your copy of Photoshop CS.

Q: Will I be able to use the software in perpetuity? What happens if Adobe shuts down?
A: Adobe's Product License Agreements typically grant the user of an Adobe product the right to use it in perpetuity. Adobe plans to honor these agreements. In the unlikely event of the company's shutting down, we will enable automatic approval of all activation requests or provide other technical means allowing users to continue using our products.

Adobe's current approach is too disappointing, greedy and promises cannot be fulfilled! I hope brothers who have similar experiences can tell me how you solved this problem
I don't want to give up on this issue. It is my right to continue using the product I purchased, and Adobe should also fulfill its promise at that time to provide a version that can be used normally by all users whose software cannot be activated due to the deactivation of the activation server

TOPICS
Activation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 13, 2024 Aug 13, 2024

you can't activate anything prior to cs5.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Aug 18, 2024 Aug 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All very well if you only need PS, but the full package is of course much more expensive. To get PS, Illustrator, and InDesign I'd need the £57/pm package, hard for anyone but a hardcore imaging professional to justify (and probably paid for by your employer if you aren't freelance). In the Creative Suite days, these used to be bundled as the Design Standard (DS) collection, sold with a 'perpetual' licence for about the same price as an 18 month subscription to CC. That makes CSx DS look like quite the bargain today, at least in the limited cases where Adobe still allows you to install it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 18, 2024 Aug 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Time and technolgies march on.  They stop for no one.

There are plenty of free & low-cost altnernatives available for consumers. Just do a Google search.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines