Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to create a simplify map

Community Beginner ,
Jun 06, 2017 Jun 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,
I often see in design presentation simple map in the back.
Exemple : Landscape Architecture Dissertation: 'A Perpetual Pride' by luke whitaker - issuu
On pages 4 and 5  " making the visible, visible" the map is black and white in the back.
I wonder which software is used and from what picture? A simple google earth photo?
Thank you

Christophe

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 07, 2017 Jun 07, 2017

One question, four already applications suggested. But guess what? They are all right.

If it were my project, I'd start with an aerial image and use Photoshop to lighten it, and add the gradient fade on the outside. I might use Illustrator to add the annotations on top. And add the completed image to InDesign to create the book it's sitting in. But as Myra said, that's because I know those three programs.

(I have to confess, if I wanted to animate the map using Animate, I'd have to hire Myra to

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jun 06, 2017 Jun 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would use indesign but you could also make it in photoshop

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 07, 2017 Jun 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok. Do you think we can do it from an aerial photo?
I have no idea of the process to create such effect.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could also make it in Illustrator or Animate (if you're looking to make an interactive map).

I'd recommend using whichever software you feel most comfortable learning and see if there are any tutorials for making the type of map you'd like. If you have specific questions on approach, then post your questions in that forum (the Lounge where this is posted is for non-technical help).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One question, four already applications suggested. But guess what? They are all right.

If it were my project, I'd start with an aerial image and use Photoshop to lighten it, and add the gradient fade on the outside. I might use Illustrator to add the annotations on top. And add the completed image to InDesign to create the book it's sitting in. But as Myra said, that's because I know those three programs.

(I have to confess, if I wanted to animate the map using Animate, I'd have to hire Myra to either teach me how to do it, or hire her to do it for me! )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes my project = photoshop for the map and perhaps some illustrator icons then make a indesign mock up to show client

time = an hour but allow the day so the client can look at and ok it.

then make a muse web site with edge animate (if needed) mock up

time = another hour but allow the day

at this point I would ask someone like Nancy or Ben from the Dreamweaver forum if they want to make the final product... perhaps Myra as well if the client wants animation.

time = another two weeks if I'm making it myself but prob just a day or two if they want to help out... I assume the client will suddenly remember they need facebook, paypal and whatever else services as well

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot for your answers.
As a landscape designer I am using Auto Cad, SketchUp  with a little bit of photoshop when needed (for color essentially)
But since I am looking for a new job, I wanted to make a portfolio of my design, so I am looking for "effect" to improve de presentation of that portfolio.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

发自 Outlook<http://aka.ms/weboutlook>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines