• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to I download Creative Suite 6 Design & Web Premium to a new computer?

New Here ,
Sep 08, 2017 Sep 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First, I have already been through the forums trying to find a solution and haven't found one yet.

Here's the issue. My previous laptop is barely functional, so I had to get a new one. I wanted to download my CS6 to new computer and had trouble getting my old computer to function long enough to deactivate CS6 products. When I read that you can deactivate the programs through logging in to Adobe ID, I figured I was set, but when I log into my account, it has the product listed as registered with a serial number, but there's nothing under the "Plans" section. So I went back to the forums, but haven't found anything like my situation. I don't know if I've done something wrong, or maybe I missed something obvious, but I'm confused and frustrated. I added the photos below so you can see what I see. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Plans & Products.PNGProducts.PNG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Sep 11, 2017 Sep 11, 2017

Kalyanih92322360 you can find complete details regarding the deactivation process, for Creative Suite 6, at Activate and deactivate Adobe products​.  Utilizing the De-activate option under the Help menu will allow you de-activate the software.  If you encounter any errors while activating on the new computer then please contact our support team directly at Contact Customer Care​.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Plans shows the status of your Creative Cloud membership, if any. If you don't subscribe to the Adobe Cloud, you won't see anything under Plans.

Your situation looks straightforward. You have your CS6 serial number.

So, on the new Windows computer, download CS6 from Download Adobe Creative Suite 6 applications

Install then enter your serial number.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings,

I've been scouring the web looking for a solution to what is perhaps a similar issue.  I own a disk copy of CS6 Photoshop. I recently purchased a new iMac and want to put PS onto it.  Unfortunately, the iMacs no longer have a disk slot.  So, how can I continue to use my Photoshop?  I'm retired now and don't need nor can afford a subscription to the cloud.  What I have is sufficient for my needs.

Any assistance you can provide will be greatly appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, the iMacs no longer have a disk slot.  So, how can I continue to use my Photoshop?

Follow the steps in my previous post above: download, install, enter your serial number.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kalyanih92322360 and MagicWand as John stated please utilize your registered serial number to install Creative Suite 6 or Photoshop Elements 13.  You can find complete details on how to locate your registered serial number at Find your serial number​.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 09, 2017 Sep 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! That information was very helpful, but now I'm wondering how I can deactivate the CS6 from the old computer. I'm not sure it will stay operational long enough for me to go in and deactivate the programs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 11, 2017 Sep 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kalyanih92322360 you can find complete details regarding the deactivation process, for Creative Suite 6, at Activate and deactivate Adobe products​.  Utilizing the De-activate option under the Help menu will allow you de-activate the software.  If you encounter any errors while activating on the new computer then please contact our support team directly at Contact Customer Care​.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 13, 2017 Sep 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! This all worked perfectly!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 13, 2017 Sep 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Perfect. Thank you for the update Kalyanih92322360.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines