• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to reinstall CS 5.5 Student Edition after clean install macOS Sierra 10.12?

New Here ,
Jan 03, 2023 Jan 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How to reinstall CS5.5 Student Edition on a clean install OSX?

Hi all,

I am planning to do a clean reinstall of my mac, OSX 10.12.6 (Sierra). I backed everything up using time machine not yet wiping my mac HD. Now I am at the stage of planning how to reinstall my programs...

I purchased CS5.5 Student Edition in 2011, and I still have the serial numbers, discs etc .

My question: In 2011 I was a student, now, I am out of school. So the former educational email adress is no longer valid.

Is it important to have the .edu email adress or is it possible to install CS 5.5 with just the serial number?

Reading about troubles installing the mere CS I wonder if it is a good idea if I try to reinstall a student edition CS.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

no.

there's no benefit to having the purchase/registration email address.  you just need the installation file(s) and serial number.  (and some know-how which you can get here.)

start the installation and when prompted, enter your serial number and click activate.  then the fun begins.  or maybe not. 

let us known what happens after you enter your serial number and click activate.

in the future, to find the best place to post your message, use the list here, https://community.adobe.com/

p.s. i don't think the adobe website, and forums in particular, are easy to navigate, so don't spend a lot of time searching that forum list. do your best and we'll move the post if it helps you get responses.

<moved from using the community>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm not sure if those old Programs will run on new Computers, but if they do and you have your CDs and serial running .. have fun. BUT be aware, that there will be NO support whatsoever from Adobe and you only can get help if someone knows those old programs here in the Forum and old Tutorials on the internet. Maybe think about getting a new Adobe Subscription if you are planning to work with Adobe Tools. Good Luck. Hope it helps.

regards,
Henrik

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apple did not maintain backward compatibility, so try this to install old programs
https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/install-creative-suite-mac-os-sierra.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Legacy CS installers are too old for your computer without a terminal workaround.

Assuming you have original installation disks, an optical reader and a valid license for that software version, try the workaround. But you may encounter issues with activation if your system and browser don't support TLS 1.2 connections.  More on that below.

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/install-creative-suite-mac-os-sierra.html

TLS 1.2

https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/multi/eol-tls-support.html

Good luck!

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines