• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I have two versions of LR on my Mac somehow...

Community Beginner ,
Sep 10, 2018 Sep 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have ended up with two versions of LR on my iMac somehow.

One is Lightroom CC and the other is Lightroom Classic CC. They appear to have different image totals.

They both look identical when open in terms of workspace etc.

What is going on?!

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guide , Sep 11, 2018 Sep 11, 2018

Hi,

Adobe Photoshop Lightroom Classic CC is the renamed version of the Lightroom application you have used in the past, and it is optimized for desktop-focused workflows, including local storage of your photos in files and folders on your computer. The interface, photo import and organization functionality, and editing feature set are much the same as before. We are continuing to invest in Lightroom Classic CC.

Lightroom CC is the new cloud-based photo service that works across desktop, mobile, an

Votes

Translate

Translate
Guide ,
Sep 11, 2018 Sep 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Adobe Photoshop Lightroom Classic CC is the renamed version of the Lightroom application you have used in the past, and it is optimized for desktop-focused workflows, including local storage of your photos in files and folders on your computer. The interface, photo import and organization functionality, and editing feature set are much the same as before. We are continuing to invest in Lightroom Classic CC.

Lightroom CC is the new cloud-based photo service that works across desktop, mobile, and web. Lightroom Classic CC is the desktop-focused digital photography product.

Lightroom CC vs. Lightroom Classic CC | Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Thanks.

So why do I have two fully functional versions on my Mac? Why did the system not replace the old version of LR with the new version and delete the old one?

I can't run CC because the internet where I live is nowhere near fast enough to cope with uploading RAW files to cloud storage. When I first backed up my library drives to a backup system in another country for security, working only at night (because upload speeds are very slow and it clogs the computer if I do it when I am working) it took a little over 6 months to complete...!

So I need to run the version that keeps my images on my own drives.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Lr CC and Lr Classic CC are two different programs.

Kiwimac99  wrote

I can't run CC because the internet where I live is nowhere near fast enough to cope with uploading RAW files to cloud storage. When I first backed up my library drives to a backup system in another country for security, working only at night (because upload speeds are very slow and it clogs the computer if I do it when I am working) it took a little over 6 months to complete...!

Drop Lr CC and use only Lr Classic CC!

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Both versions are independent and are used independently that is why one does not replace the other. You install the version you want and launch the one you want so you need to install and launch and launch the Classic CC version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines