• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I keep seeing CC ads on YouTube... [Edited for brevity]

Participant ,
Aug 05, 2019 Aug 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's all over YouTube and social media and I just get tired of looking at it. I already have the features they are advertising with someone else.

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 05, 2019 Aug 05, 2019

This has nothing to do with Adobe.

You're seeing ads on YouTube, etc.. for the same reasons EVERYONE sees ads on YouTube.  That's how  content providers get paid.  So unless you're willing to pay for premium ad-free content, you need to use Ad Blockers. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The algorithms used in You Tube and Social Media advertising are directly related to your browser history. Obviously if you are seeing an influx of Adobe ads, they are from your own actions. Adobe is not spamming you with targeted advertising.

The better avenue is to look at your advertising preferences with the social media and YouTube channels you visit. If you click do not show enough, the algorithm learns and you see less.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not saying that I have never clicked on an Adobe related YouTube clip but it only makes up 1% of the graphics videos I watch. Recently I have been spending all day viewing Capture One Pro clips but despite that I get an onslaught of Lightroom and PS ads all the time. It's way out of proportion. I don't think I follow any Adobe social networks yet they are packed with Adobe ads.

(My original question that Adobe changed was "I keep seeing CC ads that advertise features can be done better with competitors. How can I turn off these ads since I don't use Adobe products anymore?"

Their edit to the question didn't just make it shorter, it changed the meaning. If the reason was "for brevity" why wouldn't they have a character limit like every other website in the world?)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This has nothing to do with Adobe.

You're seeing ads on YouTube, etc.. for the same reasons EVERYONE sees ads on YouTube.  That's how  content providers get paid.  So unless you're willing to pay for premium ad-free content, you need to use Ad Blockers. 

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's what Ad Blockers are for .

Adblock Plus | The world's # 1 free ad blocker

uBlock - A Fast and Efficient Ad Blocker. Easy on CPU and Memory.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines