• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Installing Creative Suite on macOS 10.12 (Sierra) Doesn't work

New Here ,
Oct 24, 2017 Oct 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trying to  install PS CS6 on  MacMini running Sierra. Ran CC cleaner. I followed

Installing Creative Suite on macOS 10.12 (Sierra)

But Still have the same message: "Installer failed to initialize"

This is getting silly.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 26, 2017 Oct 26, 2017

before you go nuclear:

uninstall everything adobe on your computer (using the uninstallers, if possible)

clean per Use the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems

restart your computer < don't skip this

reinstall cs6 per:  https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/install-creative-suite-mac-os-sierra.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Oct 25, 2017 Oct 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nothing has worked. All of the above tried and failed. Is that it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How about trying what I said?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure... let's give it a shot.

I appreciate it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 26, 2017 Oct 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are welcome. OK, I know you have used this tool: Use the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems But, note that it deals with"hosts" files. I have run it without reinstalling, etc., and it changed only one entry in this file. Adobe tech support had me do something much more drastic. As I recall, the tech had me change the hosts file as shown in the screen shot below. Personally, I would talk to tech support before doing what is shown below. Note that I have no idea what is in your hosts file now or if you even have one. To find the hosts file, use finder's "Go" menu, and go to folder /etc. Copy the hosts file to your desk top and change its name to hosts copy. Keep this file to cover the possibility that you may want to go backtrack. Then, copy the hosts file to your desktop again and modify it, using TextEdit, as shown below. Next, use this file to replace the original hosts file in the /etc folder. Restart and, hopefully, install PS CS6. Pay no attention to the tittle of the hosts file below.

I want to emphasize that what I am suggesting probably is a long shot since you've already used the CC Cleaner, etc. And, also I want to emphasize that my problem was with Lightroom 6, not PS CS6. I also want to mention that I have not done much troubleshooting when it comes to problem installs.

Screen Shot 2017-10-26 at 4.38.18 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have no idea how to reach Tech Support.  The option I'm given is via Forums.  I think I'm going to reinstall my pervious HD, wipe the SSD and start over.

My head is spinning at this point....LOL

I appreciate your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

before you go nuclear:

uninstall everything adobe on your computer (using the uninstallers, if possible)

clean per Use the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems

restart your computer < don't skip this

reinstall cs6 per:  https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/install-creative-suite-mac-os-sierra.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 27, 2017 Oct 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good luck with your problem. Phone support here:

Screen Shot 2017-10-27 at 4.57.16 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried your suggestion once again and... nada.

Thank you for the number. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Heck! And, you are very welcome. I'd still try phone support about your problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FWIW: In principle, you should have no problem installing CS6 on a Sierra Mac. The information kglad provided generally would be sufficient. I had a problem installing Lightroom 6 on a Sierra Mac, and the problem I encountered might be the one affecting you. I don't remember the exact message I received when I was unable to install so I am unsure if I received the same message as you. Whatever, an Adobe Tech solved the problem. He had me modify my "hosts" file. So, in this regard, I would contact Adobe support with this information in hand. I think I can give you the modification he had me make if you are interested.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines