• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Installing fonts, Windows 7

New Here ,
Dec 19, 2011 Dec 19, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have paid for and downloaded 3 fonts from Adobes online store. However, despite having an administrator account, and setting permissions to write files etc. I cannot save the fonts to my fonts file in the control panel. When I right click there is no install option or properties. Install is only shown when I am clicked on a font through font viewer that is already in the folder. When I open the new font folders (at present on my desktop) I get all the options for permissions but when I try to drag and drop them in the font folder it tells me it 'does not appear to be a valid font'.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 19, 2011 Dec 19, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Extract from the Microsoft site

If you run into issues with installing fonts, the first thing to investigate is whether you are actually allowed to do this. You need to have write access to the Fonts folders to be able to install fonts. Without this an error message will appear that states that the file you are trying to install ‘is currently being used and cannot be replaced’ or that it ‘does not appear to be a valid font’. Solutions and work-arounds can be found in this thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 04, 2015 Mar 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Could you please tell me if you ever found the answer to this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines