• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is it still possible to buy CS (installation eternal licence) instead of a membership licence?

New Here ,
Nov 07, 2018 Nov 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have an old computer and I don't have much money. I just started my own firm and I need Adobe Creative Suite. I don't need to be upgrading my Creative Suite to the latest version. I'd rather have a CS6 or even CS5 licence that just stays on my computer and does not expire. But looking on the internet it seems almost impossible?

The only information on adobe I can find, is the monthly membership, which is very expensive for me. Is it still possible to buy an installation package from Abobe Creative Suite that is legal and does not expire? I found a cheap one on a Dutch website: "Adobe Design Standard CS6 - MAC / Nederlands" for 990,- euros. Do you think this is a legal version? Do you think this will still work? I was not sure if this is a reliable buy, because it's almost the only "eternal" licence that I have found.

Thank you very much for helping me..!

Suzanne

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 07, 2018 Nov 07, 2018

As arij2010 wrote there's no official way to buy any perpetual licenses (except the Elements versions).  You can try to get a second hand license and a transfer of the license has top be done -> Transfer an Adobe product license

suzanneb40553722  schrieb

I found a cheap one on a Dutch website: "Adobe Design Standard CS6 - MAC / Nederlands" for 990,- euros. Do you think this is a legal version?

Please be very careful with such offers. Normally that aren't legal versions.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perpetual licenses no longer exist. You can buy a second-hand license because a new license is difficult to find, so it surprises me that this website always has new CS6 versions. In addition you must check the language of the product because if it is a Dutch version, you will not be able to install it in another language.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As arij2010 wrote there's no official way to buy any perpetual licenses (except the Elements versions).  You can try to get a second hand license and a transfer of the license has top be done -> Transfer an Adobe product license

suzanneb40553722  schrieb

I found a cheap one on a Dutch website: "Adobe Design Standard CS6 - MAC / Nederlands" for 990,- euros. Do you think this is a legal version?

Please be very careful with such offers. Normally that aren't legal versions.

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 11 Pro 23H2 -- LR-Classic 13.4 - Photoshop 25.11 - Nik Collection 7 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz PhotoAI 3

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you arij2010 and Axel Matt!

I think I will not take the risk of buying something that might not be legal. Also I just updated my Mac to Mojave 10.14, so I am also not sure if an older CS6 works on that.

So I'll either have to pay the price for using (the great programs that work so fine!) on Creative Cloud.., or accept getting very frustrated using other (most of the time frustrating!) free alternatives

Thanks a lot!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines