• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Issue with Installing Adobe Captivate 5.5 on a networked computer.

New Here ,
Dec 05, 2011 Dec 05, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Basically my questions is: how can I install Captivate 5.5 on a workstation which is a member of a domain with group policy, so that the user does not have to be an Administrator on the machine?

No matter what I've tried, the user has to be in the Admin group otherwise we get an error message concerning the license.

I've tried installing it as Technician, installing it as Administrator, making the user an Admin and then installing it and then taking them out of the Admin group.  None of these have worked.

I've tried giving all users full control of the Adobe folder.  That didn't work either.  The PC is a Dell Optiplex 745 with Windows XP.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Can you please provide the license error that your encounter when you use it as user account without admin rights.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you also trying to use custom rights for the user group you are assigning the user too?  You might try creating a new default standard user account group and try assigning them to that group to see if you have better success?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 06, 2011 Dec 06, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the error was:  A problem has occured with the licensing of this product.  Restart your computer and re-launch the product.

If this problem still occurs after restarting, contact Customer Support for further assistance, and mention the error code shown at the bottom of this screen.

Error: 213:11

I am trying to avoid creating special permissions groups for this software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Goodboyga, I think I tracked down the permissions you will need to modify.  This solution is detailed within Install log error "License store does not allow writing" | Creative Suite 5, CS5.5.

1. Navigate to C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Adobe\.
  2. Right-click the SLStore folder and choose Properties.
  3. Deselect the Read-Only checkbox.
  4. Launch the Creative Suite 5 application.

By giving read/write access to this location it should resolve the licensing error.  I would actually recommend at least giving read/write permissions to the parent folder Adobe and then replace all child object permissions with inheritable permissions from this object.  You might even want to consider doing the same step for the Application Data folder as Adobe is not the only application which will be utilizing this folder.

If you are running into additional issues though I would still advise starting with a default Standard user account level of permissions.  You can then restrict access as needed while still verifying the Adobe applications function properly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks!  I'll give it a try tomorrow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

FYI All local users have Modify permissions to the Application Data folder by default in our organization.  Also I've tried giving the user full control of the Adobe folder and all subfolders and I still got the licensing error when I removed them from the Admin group. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines