• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

(LEGAL) WARNING: Adobe India Users - Adobe's GSTID is invalid!

Community Beginner ,
Aug 08, 2017 Aug 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THIS IS A WARNING TO ALL ADOBE INDIA USERS

Adobe is illegally charging us a GST of 18% as they are using an invalid GSTID on their invoices. I have contacted them about this multiple times (Case 0222758112) starting with a month ago, and the only responses i get hint towards either not understanding at all how GST in india works, or an intentional tax fraud.

This will result in two things:

1) Business owners will not be able to claim an input credit on the GST paid to Adobe, and

2) Individuals subscribed to the package will be charged an extra Rs/ 608 per month under the purview of tax, but will serve as Adobes profits instead.

Tax fraud anyone?

I am hoping that by bring this to the attention of other users, Adobe will finally take action and educate themselves some more.

There are extremely poor and uneducated people in this country who have grasped the concept of GST MUCH better than a reputed company like Adobe. This is honestly, extremely shameful. 

The below are my points to adobe to clarify and educate them.

1) Stating an invalid GSTID on an invoice (as is in your case), is against the law. This comes under illegal without intent.

2) After i have brought this to your attention a month back, and a new invoice has been generated, it now comes under illegal with intent.

3) GSTID on invoice is mandatory, as people who would claim an input credit on the tax will need YOUR correct GSTID to file for returns. The moment we do this with the current illegal ID provided, it becomes a case of tax fraud on the customers part.

4) Once a case of tax fraud is noticed, an inquiry will take place to determine the reason for the same, and all your customers will direct the GST dept to to the adobes invoice.

5) Case of tax fraud gets pushed onto adobe from multiple customers, resulting in a class action lawsuit. This along with the fact that you have illegally issues millions of invoices till now.

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 10, 2017 Oct 10, 2017

Hi there,

Please Contact Customer Care for more details.

Regards,

Sheena

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Raahil,

I understand your concern regarding the GST being charged on your Adobe invoices.

Let me get a callback arranged for you on the same case# as you provided from the billing team so that we can help you with the query.

Appreciate your patience.

Regards,

Sheena

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Waiting for a call back in that case.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please dont disable this thread until the issue is completely resolved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 09, 2017 Aug 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Raahil, please update the thread once the issue resolved.

Until then we are not making any changes to this thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 11, 2017 Aug 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So i got a call from Adobe, and was told that they are having issues with GST.

They have informed me that i will be getting a refund for the GST amounts for 2 months.

There's no formal acknowledgement of this, so I shall close this thread once i receive the same.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 14, 2017 Aug 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

3 days later, still no formal email or any acknowledgement from adobe about the refund.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 16, 2017 Aug 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sheena, iv still received no word about the refund. Its getting kind of ridiculous.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 16, 2017 Aug 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention, and please accept our apologies for the inconvenience and concern this caused you.

Prior to July 1, 2017 Digital River was registered in India and responsible for India Services Tax, using tax registration ID NTT0400IRLSR003 (as seen on your invoice). Per the India GST law effective July 1, 2017, we (Digital River) received a new registration number 9917IRL29003OSG. The taxes reflected on your (and others) invoices were collected and remitted under this valid GST ID. Unfortunately, we inadvertently failed to update our invoices to reflect the new GST ID. We are making the correction now and this issue will be fixed within a few days. Again, please accept our apologies for the inconvenience.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 10, 2017 Oct 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sheena,

This is a helpful discussion!!

It seems that the above response doesn't hold any value, the GSTIN number "9917IRL29003OSG" is still invalid. Please provide me the right GSTIN number.

Regards,

Raghu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 10, 2017 Oct 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Please Contact Customer Care for more details.

Regards,

Sheena

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 11, 2017 Oct 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Raghu is correct. I just got sick of dealing with this so let it go.

I will say this though. There seems to be something up with these international companies. Even google has the same issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 11, 2017 Dec 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have been following up with Adobe on this since July and no resolution. They seem to be charging 18% IGST even when we are a registered GST business. We are suppose to discharge GST under reverse charge and Adobe is not authorised to charge us GST. Amazon AWS has really understood this well and fixed the system.

I request all the adobe users to file a complaint with the GST authorities here : https://cbec-gst.gov.in/report-tax-fraud.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 30, 2017 Dec 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. I have been following up for past 15 days. Now time to report this tax fraud to GST Department. They cannot collect IGST from those who have a valid GSTIN. And the worst offence is that they aren't generating invoices as well. This is illegal on so many levels.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 02, 2018 Jan 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Correct. Same here. Adobe has sent back doctored Invoices with my GSTIN. But their GST is invalid.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 19, 2018 Jan 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I find it incredible that Adobe / Digital River can charge GST using a fraudulent GSTIN.

(Google India seems to sorted it out, why cant Adobe. Hubris is my guess.)

Will complain on the GST link.

Appears unless one complains they're not going to take notice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 05, 2018 Feb 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The GST id mentioned on Digital River invoice as India GST ID 9917IRL29003OSG is a valid GST ID as verified on services.gst.gov.in portal.

They are registered in India as Non resident Online Service Provider. However, the gst portal says that they have yet not filed GSTR5A for July17.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So does that mean input credit will be available?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I could find only few details on GSTR 5 on this website https://www.greengst.com/gstr-5-return-filing-for-non-resident-foreign-taxpayers/

I'll keep posted once I confirm if we'll get input credit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 14, 2018 Mar 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe has fixed one issue of charging GST. Now I am getting invoices of Rs. 1353 without GST added. However, they messed up by not adding my GSTIN to the invoice again! At least they sent doctored invoices with the GSTIN added later for the previous months.  This time they forgot to make that change again! Do they seriously require me to raise support requests every month to have my GSTIN added to the invoices? This is getting ridiculous! THEY HAVEN'T LEARNT THEIR LESSONS!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 14, 2018 Mar 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Correct, even for me now they are debiting my payment without GST but for the past month the bill in my account is without my GST details and we have to repeatedly ask them to provide bill with our GST number and they send that altered bill over email.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 23, 2018 Apr 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

....... it's a real pain.. I just updated my GST no and the latest invoice didn't have it. I contacted customer care and they said it's not updated yet. Bad service. They said they have escalated the case..... let see.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 28, 2018 May 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The invoices generated to me, for now, is with the "Digital River Ireland Limited" having GSTIN "9917IRL29003OSG"

As of this date 29th May 2018, the GST portal shows that they haven't filed returns for Even July 2017!!!

This is losing 500 rupees a month for which you should be able to be credited back by GST.

I'm unsure if I can claim the GST amount in Input Tax credit??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 23, 2018 Nov 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have they sorted the GST problem? Can one get input credits on individual licence too? I am intending to get Adobe CC and am looking for advice... Please help...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 09, 2019 Apr 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So far, nothing has been done. I've written to [e-mail deleted] as instructed by the Adobe Customer Care reps, but this person is just ignoring emails.

I just now chatted with their representative about the issue, and I was told that this issue would be resolves on urgen basis. But that was told to me last month as well. No news so far.

Can anyone suggest what is to be done?

[Moderator comment: Please do not post private information like e-mails in this public forum.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines