• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LIGHT ROOM WILL NOT UPDATE

Explorer ,
Jan 15, 2017 Jan 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue is, I can only get Lightroom ver 6.0.  I have a Site License installed.  I don't have admin rights to the installation to fix or do much more that download updates.  This is a full CC package.  All other Apps update without any issues (at this point).  I purchased a CC photography license and tried to install only Lightroom.  It would only go as far as 6.0 and Camera Raw 9.0.  I talked to the Adobe Chat people and they said I could totally remove ALL CC apps and all Adobe programs from my laptop so I could do a clean install of just the CC photography.  Still does not work and I now realize it was not a total uninstall of all Adobe programs.  I just don't know what to do to get functionality back in Lightroom (need the latest version for the cameras I have).

os x el capitan 10.11.6

CC site license for all apps

cc photography - downloaded yesterday so should allow the latest versions of Photoshop and lightroom and I assume camera raw.

Any suggestions?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

cc photography - downloaded yesterday so should allow the latest versions of Photoshop and lightroom and I assume camera raw.

It depends on what you downloaded. The installer will install only Lightroom 6.0/Lightroom CC 2015, and then you have to also download the update to LR 6.8/Lightroom CC 2015.8 and install the update as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand that but no matter what I do, the update function is unavailable. It is the button is very faint indicating it isn't available to be used...

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think that means I don't have permissions that are required because the site license is interfering with a new separate clean installation of a new license.

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of Creative Cloud Manager are you running? The current version is:  3.9.5.353 released 12/14/16. Also is there a reason that you haven't updated to Sierra 10.12.2? Your OS is several versions behind.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have not updated because every time I do I run into problems updating cc. Not sure how to check on the version of the manager. At work now will check in about an hour. I will update my is to see what happens... nothing to lose at this point!

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand that but no matter what I do, the update function is unavailable. It is the button is very faint indicating it isn't available to be used...

Button? I said "manual download", and I gave you the link to the manual download in your previous thread Re: Updated Lightroom now I can't import files: say preview not available. How do I fix?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK... Removed all apps using the uninstall function in the CC app that is at the top of my screen. 

Next I installed the Photoshop CC and Bridge CC versions I purchased from Adobe yesterday as part of the CC photograph package. This also installed the latest version of Camera Raw I believe.  At least all of these say they are up to date.

Next I used the link you told me about and then downloaded and installed Lightroom.  It is still stuck at version 6.0 and camera raw 9.0.

Photoshop and Browser both work fine and allow me to see the raw files.  For the moment, how can I just import new photos (jpg... and ignore the raw files?) in Lightroom?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The installer will install only Lightroom 6.0/Lightroom CC 2015, and then you have to also download the update to LR 6.8/Lightroom CC 2015.8 and install the update as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok… tried for my final time… this time I got the message in the screen capture I’ve attached.

It says Update Failed

Updates could not be applied.

Please contact your Administrator if you wish to apply updates on your machine. Updates have been suppressed by the Administrator.

If the problems persist, contact customer support for further assistance.

I can seem to remove all the Adobe apps and programing associated with the Site License so I still need to deal with the UF License administrator. I guess my machine is no longer mine to do with as I please once I install a University site license.

Thanks.

I’m done with this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines